There are 242 users in the forums

america's game yesterday

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know it was a repeat and it was probably discussed when it first aired, but the 89 niners season episode aired yesterday...what an incredible program. I was in tears. How they had them at #4 is f**king beyond me...only the Steelers should have even been in the discussion. The part about Seifert never getting carried off the field, the highlights from the philly and rams games (which I have on tape thanks to a guy in Jersey from 49ersparadise), the dominance over that badass vikings defense in the divisional playoff and the bronco team whose defense was so good (I've never actually seen that game much to my chagrin). This and the 90 team (the video at the end showing Roger Craig talking about 3-peating really made me lose it) were the teams that I really grew up with. They should have beaten the Giants in 1990 - they were starting to slide no doubt but they were still the best. However, the 1989 team was the best the niners ever would offer, all their best players still in their prime, all together, for one beautiful season.

My only dissapointment with the program (besides the bs #4 ranking) was that they didn't even mention Jeff Fuller getting hurt in the Patriots game at Stanford right after the earthquake.
  • Veteran
America's Game is a great series.

I find the Bill Walsh era episodes the toughest to watch.

But all of them are very entertaining... even the 'Missing Rings' ones.
Originally posted by 8008:

I'd like to see the 81 chargers episode.

The niners should have like 3 episodes of the missing rings. Especially the 87 team that lost to the Vikings.
Originally posted by 8008:

I saw the 1984 one a few months ago. That was great too. I hear you on the Walsh part. Such a brilliant yet enigmatic dude. I miss him.
i can see it next year, americas game as told by mike singletary, alex smith and patrick willis
Originally posted by crabman82:
i can see it next year, americas game as told by mike singletary, alex smith and patrick willis

Great series, I try to watch them everytime they are on. The 1989 49ers was a great story, Seifert just never got the compassion that he wanted from the team, it was kind of sad. But what a great team.
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Great series, I try to watch them everytime they are on. The 1989 49ers was a great story, Seifert just never got the compassion that he wanted from the team, it was kind of sad. But what a great team.

compassion? You mean credit?

Clearly he wasn't a huge personality like Walsh.
Share 49ersWebzone