LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Peter King MMQB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
King was in Niners camp for a day...is it possible that Alex had a couple wobblers at some in camp? Of course. What QB doesn't throw a wobbler or two? The guys that have spent every day at camp have been raving about Alex. Who has more credibility?

not to mention king admitted he hadnt been at niners camp in several years, if these guys are gonna be paid for their opinions they should never go that long without visiting a teams TC
Originally posted by NoOffseason:
Relax, guys. The thing with those training camp observations from guys like Peter King and such is that they only visit each camp for about a day, because those national writers have to keep up their schedule for their camp tours.

Which means Peter King saw only a glimpse of what is happening with the Niners and if I connect the dots correctly, he was there at one of the days which the beat writers (Maiocco, Barrows, Barber and Brown) collectively described as a rough day for the offense. The days before and after were much better in their descriptions, but if King only sees a single day which happens to be an off day, he can only describe that one, regardless of how inaccurate that might be. Sucks, but I do not care much.

Besides, off day in training camp are very much the norm. Prime example: Take this little nugget from another NFL training camp from a few days ago during an intersquad scrimmage:

Link

This was not a full contact-drill, with only shoulder pads and helmets and no tackling, which should favor the offense, but still: Here we have an offense struggling mightily during that training camp session, with the starting QB being off and finishing the scrimmage with measly stats of 8/19 for 90 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, which would have been a pick-six. One unknown rookie safety had tree picks during that session.

The training camp and the starting QB with the lousy stats in question? The Indianapolis Colts and Peyton Manning. So you see, every team in every training camp can have an will have some off days. It´s no big deal.

(Stands up and starts applauding)

Finally, a voice of reason.
Originally posted by JoeO321:
7. I think I saw an awful lot of wobbly throws by Alex Smith when I watched the 49ers the other day. The attitude around the 49ers is basically this: We don't need Alex Smith to be a great quarterback, we just need him to execute the offense. Understood. But the 49ers led the NFL last year in a long-yardage category (third down and eight yards or more), which says to me that the 49ers quarterback is going to need to make a lot of accurate throws down the field. That's going to be the real test for Alex Smith: Can he throw an 18-yard out to Michael Crabtree on a line? Or a deep throw?

Obviously Peter King either got amnesia or did not see the games against the Texans, the Packers, the Cardinals, and the Rams when Smith lobbed passes much longer than 18 yards.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
PETER KING PLEASE SHUT THE F**K UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly! I feel bad for anyone who takes what he says seriously.
Originally posted by TitsMcgee:
Relax, guys. The thing with those training camp observations from guys like Peter King and such is that they only visit each camp for about a day, because those national writers have to keep up their schedule for their camp tours.

Which means Peter King saw only a glimpse of what is happening with the Niners and if I connect the dots correctly, he was there at one of the days which the beat writers (Maiocco, Barrows, Barber and Brown) collectively described as a rough day for the offense. The days before and after were much better in their descriptions, but if King only sees a single day which happens to be an off day, he can only describe that one, regardless of how inaccurate that might be. Sucks, but I do not care much.

Besides, off day in training camp are very much the norm. Prime example: Take this little nugget from another NFL training camp from a few days ago during an intersquad scrimmage:

Link

This was not a full contact-drill, with only shoulder pads and helmets and no tackling, which should favor the offense, but still: Here we have an offense struggling mightily during that training camp session, with the starting QB being off and finishing the scrimmage with measly stats of 8/19 for 90 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, which would have been a pick-six. One unknown rookie safety had tree picks during that session.

The training camp and the starting QB with the lousy stats in question? The Indianapolis Colts and Peyton Manning. So you see, every team in every training camp can have an will have some off days. It´s no big deal.

Agreed. See also, "small sample size."

Finally, I still love your user name.

Link

Very well put.

Link

Excellent post. We need more posts like this.
I went to practice today and I think i saw several wobbly punts by andy lee
Originally posted by hofer36:

SOB!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by hofer36:

I went 49ers training camp today and I think I saw some overweight, ugly, old sports illustrated writer who should've retired years ago.

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by TitsMcgee:

Link

Agreed. See also, "small sample size."

Finally, I still love your user name.

Thanks. Got to show the funniest movie of all time some respect.

Alex Smith fans.
Share 49ersWebzone