There are 162 users in the forums

Anybody else getting worried....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
About all these injuries that our players have suffered after only 6 days of training camp? Our team has the most talent that it has had since 2002, but if our players are not healthy, our season may not turn out the way it hoped.
Yes, this was my worse fear. We finally have a talented enough team to win the division and we get hit hard by injuries. Were already a beat up team and have yet to even play a pre-season game. I am worried about Brooks's injury, i think that could be a 1 or 2 month or even season long injury.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It's part of the game, Pat. We just have to hope it doesn't hit us really hard. Other teams are losing players too, so it isn't like we're the only one.
Originally posted by mayo63:
It's part of the game, Pat. We just have to hope it doesn't hit us really hard. Other teams are losing players too, so it isn't like we're the only one.

True, but were starting to get on thin ice in terms of injuries and we have not even played our first pre-season game yet. I just have a bad feeling that we get hit hard by injuries the year we finally have a chance to compete.
Is 49ers camp too rough?

Quote:
This question comes from Patrick Tulini, who writes, via Twitter, @PTulini: Do you think 49ers training camp is too physical? Players seem to be all beat up.

It's a legitimate question given the spate of concussions (three and counting), Chilo Rachal's scary moment Tuesday and Scott McKillop's presumably season-ending knee injury Wednesday. But I think the answer is, no, or at least it's no rougher than other training camps I've watched. The difference is the length of the morning practice - it goes on for three hours - and the nutcracker drill that is incorporated into every session.

But the nutcracker only is responsible for one injury that we know of - defensive end Derek Walker's knee injury yesterday. Walker toughed it out the rest of practice. Baas got dinged in a pass-blocking drill while McKillop was hurt on a non-contact play in seven-on-seven. Both of those drills are part of every camp across the country. (It's unknown how Delanie Walker sustained his concussion. Travis LaBoy's came well after yesterday's nutcracker session).

And it seems as if the duration of the practices will begin to shorten. Today's, for example, begins at 8:50 a.m. instead of 8:30 a.m. After getting the afternoon off yesterday, many players will get another break today. The afternoon session is special teams only. The 49ers travel more and farther than any other team this season. That has to be something Singletary considered when planning this camp ....

You can find me on Twitter at @MattBarrows

-- Matt Barrows

[ Edited by PTulini on Aug 8, 2010 at 04:07:15 ]
At this point, no.

Looking around the league, the injury rate is a little high this year. Luckily for us, we haven't had any major setbacks.

Injuries are a part of football. Plus, a lot of our veterans only truly practice once a day.

I think players are just sitting out for precautionary reasons. I think that some of those who are injured may have toughed it out if it was the regular season.

-9fA
Not worried about these injuries. Rather they happen now then during the season.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Not worried about these injuries. Rather they happen now then during the season.

Well if guys are getting hurt in practice what makes you think they are not going to get hurt in actual games?
I like to see who the pussies are prior to the season
Originally posted by RonMexico:

LMAO.

Originally posted by TheChozen:
Originally posted by RonMexico:

LMAO.
Injuries happen, its part of football and sports in general. I'm not worried at all. If I was a Broncos fan I would be worried, if McDaniels can't trade them he hurts them lol
its not like injuries are unusual, if you pay close attention to all teams they are all likely experiencing the same amount, it's just part of the game. Players get hurt and sometimes it's serious other times they can play through it. you're just wasting your time worrying about it because it happens to all teams
Share 49ersWebzone