LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

New Alex Smith Interview

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Hard to believe this is the same kid we drafted. His confidence level is 180 from 05.

It makes me wonder, "What if?" What would this team have accomplish if they were in a more stable situation 3-4 years ago?

I think about that too PT but I guess there's nothing we can do about it at this point. The one thing I try to take comfort in is that these rough times have probably given Smith and the rest of the team good perspective. We'll see if that translates to success on the field, even if it isn't as soon as we would have liked.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NewEraNiner:
Hard to believe this is the same kid we drafted. His confidence level is 180 from 05.

It makes me wonder, "What if?" What would this team have accomplish if they were in a more stable situation 3-4 years ago?

I think about that too PT but I guess there's nothing we can do about it at this point. The one thing I try to take comfort in is that these rough times have probably given Smith and the rest of the team good perspective. We'll see if that translates to success on the field, even if it isn't as soon as we would have liked.

Good, now do the DAMN THING ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!! Go 49ers!!!!!!!!!!!

If the cream continued to rise to the top, 2007 would have at least been a wildcard/division-winning playoff year (as we had expected), and we would have won the division 3-years in a row. (The Cards are still a horrible 'road' team under Whisenhunt, and we practically could have edged them out for the title during 2008/2009 if had just kept our s**t in order).

But who cares... we are who we are from the things we live through, and now is our time to win it all.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Aug 8, 2010 at 13:10:33 ]
Pay attention to what Alex has been saying in recent interviews. It is abundantly clear that he has not only matured physically this year, but he appears to have made great progress in the mental area.

Among other things, he explains how he can now do a far better job of recognizing what the defense is intending to do. This enhanced level of awareness should take him to a higher level.

A couple of other things he said also stand out: 1. That the ball is coming out quicker, showing that he understands its importance. 2. That the really good QBs are those who consistently execute the ordinary things extraordinarily well, and that is the kind of Qb he intends to be.
  • mod
  • Veteran
f**k Cohn

You Tell em Alex!
In response to this interview, I hate to say this, but...

DON'T TELL ME
SHOW ME
Originally posted by defenderDX:

DON'T TELL ME
SHOW ME

You know, I'm right there wit ya. Only thing u should give him credit for tho, is, at least he's telling us. Which is much more than we've heard from him in seasons past.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

DON'T TELL ME
SHOW ME

You know, I'm right there wit ya. Only thing u should give him credit for tho, is, at least he's telling us. Which is much more than we've heard from him in seasons past.

Of course Smith WANTS to show us. Time will tell if he will be able to do that.

As of right now, he's stuck answering questions from hacks like Lowell. So all he can do RIGHT NOW, is tell us.

Offseason is too long. Can't wait for this season to start.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

DON'T TELL ME
SHOW ME

x2.

All the pieces are in place. Let's do this.
he even sounds irritated when he answers the question lol. smith is gonna be so badass this year

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
he even sounds irritated when he answers the question lol. smith is gonna be so badass this year

i know im SO excited. I feel like a f**king excited little girl it's craazy. rofl... But s**t, I've never in my life experienced a 49er winning season. The last one was the 2002 Playoffs, but that wildcard game is the ONLY game I remember from that year.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

i know im SO excited. I feel like a f**king excited little girl it's craazy. rofl... But s**t, I've never in my life experienced a 49er winning season. The last one was the 2002 Playoffs, but that wildcard game is the ONLY game I remember from that year.

prepare for a decade or two of dominance. i have a feeling history is about to repeat itself. we have a great team and all of our role players are very young. as long as they find an heir apparent for gore theyll be legit. just gotta be like walsh and replace players right before they start to decline
While there are no guarantees, we are fortunate to have accumulated a nucleus of good young players who should play together for a number of years. They should get better as they gain experience, mature and play as a team. We may be on the cusp of a new era of excellent 49er football. Stability cannot be overemphasized.
Share 49ersWebzone