There are 189 users in the forums

1-on-1 with ESPN's Chris Mortensen

Shop Find 49ers gear online

[ Edited by PTulini on Aug 6, 2010 at 18:34:44 ]
damn right you need to watch out for the niners!
Nice
they should have used this video for ESPNs TC report, instead of asking Mort about Farve when he was giving his initial report.
Smith with the long ball working
Mort gained some points in my book with this. Great vid thanks!

BTW, did you guys see Sims getting beat @ LT early on in the video?
cardinals have swallowed the canary?
Originally posted by teeohh:

yeah what does that mean
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

yeah what does that mean

Eh it's an expression like "the cat that swallowed the canary" and I think it sort of means their eyes are bigger than their stomach type of thing, or they're full of themselves. But I could be wrong, but my grandma used to always use that expression.

Mort did a good report, I wish they would've had this one or this type of thing on ESPN rather than the crappy report they broke in half by asking him about Friggin Favre in the middle of it. I'm glad he thinks we have a shot to shake things up and go for our division. He's a smart guy and seemed pretty knowledgeable about our team for only being there one day.

yeah what does that mean

It means that their $hitting their pants because they knew were about to kick their @sses again and take the division.
  • Mex49

yeah what does that mean

The gig is up! We know they suck and now its on them to prove the world wrong---suckers!

[ Edited by Mex49 on Aug 7, 2010 at 01:07:39 ]
crabtree is gonna be slippery as f**k this year! dude can turn on a dime. on the year the GOAT goes into the HOF crabtree will emerge as the key to our next superbowl
The phrase "the cat that ate the canary" is an expression that demonstrates a secret untold. Whomever ate the canary believes that they have information that you do not, kinda' like having a terrible poker face and not even knowing it. If I were a Cardinal player or a Cardinal fan I would take that phrasing as a huge insult from Mort. As a 9er fan I say "Hell Yeah!"

Dirty
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Canary thingy: I think he is saying the Cards are feeling a little overly proud of themselves and their success and that he see's that (from being at the two camps and seeing the teams practice) contributing to the niner's success this year.
Share 49ersWebzone