There are 246 users in the forums

Who do you think will be starting at RT in week 1?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who do you think will be starting at RT in week 1?

Originally posted by 49erRider:
Hopefully Alex Boone.

Realistically, Adam Snyder. Unfortunately.

It won't be Anthony Davis. Iupati will start, Davis will not.

This is the correct answer.

Davis will rotate in for the first half of the season and then take over. Iupati will be mowing b***hes down from day one.
I'd like to see Boone make a push but I'll take Snyder. Davis is too green and week 1 is a must win. Like you said; Seattle's too damn loud, especially when they pipe it in Losers.
Snyder most likely, but I predict Anthony Davis will take the starting role mid-season.
Although I would love to have Anthony Davis start day 1, is he ready?? Joe Staley was plugged in from the get his rookie year at RT and did fantastic. If we drafted Staley later than Davis, why cant AD ball the way Joe did?? and how about Barry Sims? If i remember correctly.. Snyder struggled last season and Sims played great while replacing Staley at LT..
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Although I would love to have Anthony Davis start day 1, is he ready?? Joe Staley was plugged in from the get his rookie year at RT and did fantastic. If we drafted Staley later than Davis, why cant AD ball the way Joe did?? and how about Barry Sims? If i remember correctly.. Snyder struggled last season and Sims played great while replacing Staley at LT..

IIRC, Staley gave up 6 sacks in his rookie year, didn't he? And then in his 2008 campaign, he gave up 9 sacks. Maybe his 2008 numbers could be due to Martz, but still quite high nonetheless.

By comparison, Adam Snyder gave up 10 sacks last year.

I believe Staley was ok in his rookie year, but he was inconsistent.

-9fA
Snyder imo.

I wanna see how Davis does in preseason, the answer will become obvious either way.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
joe staley. Barry simms at left tackle.

Man that would look like the best option at LT, but honestly Joe Staley looked below average at RT and doesn't belong there. Same goes for Sims. I'd like to throw Davis into the fire and see how that goes.
it should be barry sims....synder has allowed the most sacks the past 2 years......and he hasn't even played every game. Sims should take over and then davis a little later on in the year
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
My boy Davis will win the starting job in TC so he'll be the one starting in SEA.
Share 49ersWebzone