LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Alex Smith vs Kevin Kolb

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Im telling you Espn is on Kevin Kolb's manhood! I saw him play last night on NFLN with eagles flight night, and i was less than impressed. So i decided to do some research and compare these 2 QB's. And what im wondering is why does Kolb get so much more respect then Smith? In fact i believe Millen said on Total access that the NFC East will be the most competitive division, being that every team has a Solid QB! are they serious!?!?!? Kolb has only started 2 games One Lucky gave vs the saints, and one vs the freaking chiefs! Now they are ready to crown this douche the next Donovann McNabb? Get outa here lets compare........

College

Alex Smith #11 QB

CAREER STATS
YARDS TOUCHDOWNS
2,952 32

Birth Date May 7, 1984
Hometown Seattle, WA
Height 6-4
Weight 212 lbs.

Age 20
Class Junior
ProfileStatsGame Log
Stats Overview Passing
YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
2004 214 317 2952 67.5 9.31 78 32 4 18 176.52

Kevin Kolb #4 QB

CAREER STATS
YARDS TOUCHDOWNS
9,833 60

Birth Date August 24, 1984
Hometown STEPHENVILLE, TX
Height 6-3
Weight 218 lbs.

Age 24
ProfileStatsGame Log
Stats Overview Passing
YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
2004 198 353 2766 56.1 7.84 69 11 6 42 128.80
2005 254 420 3258 60.5 7.76 83 19 15 29 133.42
2006 292 432 3809 67.6 8.82 77 30 4 33 162.72

Kolb seems better but doing some research Kolb originally committed to a another school but when his highschool coach when to Houston a Div 1-A he had the luck of playing vs sub par opponents and playing with the same offense from highschool making him a true freshman starting QB cause of the favoritism!

NFL

2009 Smith
gs att cmp pct yds td int

11 225 372 60.5 2,350 18 12

2009 Kolb

5 96 62 64.6 741 3 4

Just wanted to compare last season being that they both are going to have same coordinator and offensive system....... Smith obvioiusly is very good when he knows what he is doing because he isnt what you call a "gun slinger" which kolb is. Smith is very methodical and needs to know his progressions which he does this year!

So here is a question, is Smith really that bad? Who has a better games Niners vs Eagles? Better Season?

My opinion..... Kolb wins getting more ints, and Yards.........

Smith more TD's, Wins, better pct, ect........
its because kevin kolb is white
no more smith talk!
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
no more smith talk!

Don't tell me.
Show me!
haha everyone should take it personally that the NFL nation expects Kolb to have a way better season than Smith, and the fact is that Kolb have proved nothing. I Feel its Niner hate, because of the past success of our franchise!
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for dbdublin.
Originally posted by valrod33:
its because kevin kolb is white
Originally posted by STNiner:
haha everyone should take it personally that the NFL nation expects Kolb to have a way better season than Smith, and the fact is that Kolb have proved nothing. I Feel its Niner hate, because of the past success of our franchise!

Im an Alex Smith fan but he hasnt proven anything either. im gonna say what has been said in all the Alex Smith threads, this is his make or break year, he either succeeds(which means win the west and get us into the playoffs) or gets the F out
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
No comparison. Alex was 20 and thrown in way too early with no talent around him, got hurt and so on. Kolb had the luxury of sitting behind a top flight QB, learning one system, under one regime and got his feet wet with loads of talent around him. Of course he projects better, that's how you develop a QB and why we cranked them out for 20 years: continuity. Kolb also started a lot more games in college.
Who cares Eagles will finish last in there division
I just cant wait till we get the Eagles in our house, we will finally beat them this year.

I feel bad for Kolb to be honest...seeing how well Mcnabb did there and philly fans hate him and always wanted him gone. Now Kolb is going to take them to a superbowl and win this year? Doubtful. Unless he does that and wins by like 45 points hes going to be bood at by the philly fans next. Really no win situation there.
I'm not sold on Smith but regarding Kolb. There's a lot of hype on such small and meaningless body of work.
Before I can answer this question, I need one more piece of information... What size are Kolb's hands?
  • TIM_
  • Veteran
We finally get a true picture of what the Niners Brass REALLY think about alex Smith (not what they put out for media consumption).
When ESPN was interviewing Trent Baalke at camp(I think it was Mort?) ,Baalke said about Alex...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not saying Alex Smith is a great quarterback in the NFL, but if we protect him and we've surrounded him with the right kind of players, put him in the right system and stay out of all the third-and-8s that we had last year, then he'll be just fine.:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is and has been my opinion about Alex in 2010. He won't be anything special in the NFL BUT if we don't ask him to do too much,then the team around him can make up for his shortcomings. The REAL truth emerges ! I wonder if Baalke is in trouble for telling it like it is ,instead of trying to build up Alex's confidence ?
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
No comparison. Alex was 20 and thrown in way too early with no talent around him, got hurt and so on. Kolb had the luxury of sitting behind a top flight QB, learning one system, under one regime and got his feet wet with loads of talent around him. Of course he projects better, that's how you develop a QB and why we cranked them out for 20 years: continuity. Kolb also started a lot more games in college.

"Alex with no talent around him"......== EXCUSES, EXCUSES, EXCUSES,
I wonder what will be the next wonderfull excuse if he chokes like always... Well, now it cant be talent, or the OL, maybe we can blame Mummy Raye, that would be an option...
Share 49ersWebzone