There are 216 users in the forums

This year is a Big year for Gore

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
He made the probowl having missed 3 games behind the most inconsistent blocking for possibly any RB in the league.

Gore is a top level RB and every year for him is a damn good year.

Personally, I think this will be his best all around year. I can see him accumulating Emmitt Smith numbers. This team seems like it's built similar to the 90's Cowboys.

I have a good feeling Alex Smith can emulate Aikman's average career stats: 61.5% with 81.6 rating. Although, I don't think can be as accurate as Aikman. (% does not equal accuracy).

That team was built around Emmitt Smith and didn't do squat without him. As much as you want our passing game to excel, we don't win without Frank.

Although he went to the probowl, it doesn't count in terms of honors.

He was nothing more than a replacement.

-9fA

Yes, but his overall numbers made him a top 5 back last year. That's with missing 3 games and being behind a very inconsistent line. Although Coffee was a rookie, he couldn't do anything near what Gore did behind the same line. Even when Smith came in, Gore was the primary reason why we won games, running and receiving.

Coffee did start that game vs. Vikings, a top Run Defense at the time. Still, you're right, same OL, but Gore tears it up! I think it's his vision and ability to break tackles which separates great RBs from average ones. And he's good at picking up blitzes, too.

[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Aug 5, 2010 at 15:05:55 ]
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
He made the probowl having missed 3 games behind the most inconsistent blocking for possibly any RB in the league.

Gore is a top level RB and every year for him is a damn good year.

Personally, I think this will be his best all around year. I can see him accumulating Emmitt Smith numbers. This team seems like it's built similar to the 90's Cowboys.

I have a good feeling Alex Smith can emulate Aikman's average career stats: 61.5% with 81.6 rating. Although, I don't think can be as accurate as Aikman. (% does not equal accuracy).

That team was built around Emmitt Smith and didn't do squat without him. As much as you want our passing game to excel, we don't win without Frank.

Although he went to the probowl, it doesn't count in terms of honors.

He was nothing more than a replacement.

-9fA

Yes, but his overall numbers made him a top 5 back last year. That's with missing 3 games and being behind a very inconsistent line. Although Coffee was a rookie, he couldn't do anything near what Gore did behind the same line. Even when Smith came in, Gore was the primary reason why we won games, running and receiving.

Coffee did start that game vs. Vikings, a top Run Defense at the time. Still, you're right, same OL, but Gore tears it up! I think it's his vision and ability to break tackles which separates great RBs from average ones. And he's good at picking up blitzes, too.

Hey we beat STL 35-0. We also lose with Gore brother. LOL. We lost every game when he didn't rush for a 100yds + except philly when he had 107 yds. TEAM SPORT
  • Antix
  • Veteran
It's funny to me how Gore is actually UNDERrated on this board. Dude has never even had a great oline. His 06 line was the best and they were average except for Jennings and Allen, and he gained 1700 yds. This line this year should be the best line since that year and even better.

Gore could have a MONSTER year this year because, unlike before, we got Crabtree and Davis to throw at teams. Imagine Gore with actual running lanes..my God..it could be AMAZING.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by defenderDX:

That jersey=

get over it, f**k we get it you think those jerseys are ugly

get over what? f**k off lol
Couldnt disagree with this thread more.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Sorry if I am stating the obvious here. I'm sitting at work bored out of my mind because I only have one day left but I got to thinking...

This year will be huge for Gore. Both positive and negative. If we win and Gore stays healthy then he is back in the talks of being one of, if not the most elite back. I'm saying this based on his total yards from scrimmage year after year. But if we fail and Gore fails to make 1,000 yards, I think the organization and fans will want to find a replacement at runningback. Like Alex Smith, Gore doesn't have too many execuses not to have a solid year, if he doesn't, then I think you'll hear talk about Gore already hitting his prime and he won't get anymore love.

Just like Alex, gore has had plenty of excuses to not do well, but unlike Alex, gore has performed year after year. Going into this season he is going to have two rookie lineman and he is still going to tear it up.

And your crazy if you want to replace him anytime in the next 3-4 seasons.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Sorry if I am stating the obvious here. I'm sitting at work bored out of my mind because I only have one day left but I got to thinking...

This year will be huge for Gore. Both positive and negative. If we win and Gore stays healthy then he is back in the talks of being one of, if not the most elite back. I'm saying this based on his total yards from scrimmage year after year. But if we fail and Gore fails to make 1,000 yards, I think the organization and fans will want to find a replacement at runningback. Like Alex Smith, Gore doesn't have too many execuses not to have a solid year, if he doesn't, then I think you'll hear talk about Gore already hitting his prime and he won't get anymore love.

Just like Alex, gore has had plenty of excuses to not do well, but unlike Alex, gore has performed year after year. Going into this season he is going to have two rookie lineman and he is still going to tear it up.

Agreed. Oh, and, *you're
Originally posted by Antix:
It's funny to me how Gore is actually UNDERrated on this board. Dude has never even had a great oline. His 06 line was the best and they were average except for Jennings and Allen, and he gained 1700 yds. This line this year should be the best line since that year and even better.

Gore could have a MONSTER year this year because, unlike before, we got Crabtree and Davis to throw at teams. Imagine Gore with actual running lanes..my God..it could be AMAZING.

He had that great year because of Larry Allen and Jennings. But we still had a poor passing game.

If Iupati and Staley could get somewhere close to the push of those guys, with a much better passing game to take the pressure off, I think Gore can easily break his single season rushing record.

Agreed. Oh, and, *you're

Oh, my apologies sir.

Agreed. Oh, and, *you're

Oh, my apologies sir.

Agreed. Oh, and, *you're

Oh, my apologies sir.

Does that mean what I think it does????

Agreed. Oh, and, *you're

Oh, my apologies sir.

Does that mean what I think it does????

That jersey=

i loved those jerseys. the new ones are awesome too but theres nothing wrong with those, just a bunch of old ass fans crying cuz they changed their jerseys after the glory years. get over it!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

That jersey=

i loved those jerseys. the new ones are awesome too but theres nothing wrong with those, just a bunch of old ass fans crying cuz they changed their jerseys after the glory years. get over it!

I'm not an "old ass fan" I'm only 19! I never grew up with the Cherry red one's! I didnt like the dark red/black one's, cuz I just thought they were ugly! I was born in San Francisco but I never started actually getting into the 49ers until about 2001... I just think they're ugly as f**k compared to the throwbacks.

Not to mention I have no good memories with those uniforms... All bad disappointing memories with those uniforms. So YOU give ME a break.

[ Edited by defenderDX on Aug 5, 2010 at 20:17:54 ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

That jersey=

LOL I'm not an "old ass fan" I'm only 19! I never grew up with the Cherry red one's! I didnt like the dark red/black one's, cuz I just thought they were ugly! I was born in San Francisco but I never started actually getting into the 49ers until about 2001... I just think they're ugly as f**k compared to the throwbacks.

Not to mention I have no good memories with those uniforms... All bad disappointing memories with those uniforms. So YOU give ME a break.

... how did you live in san francisco and not get into the niners til 2001?
Share 49ersWebzone