LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

This year is a Big year for Gore

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sorry if I am stating the obvious here. I'm sitting at work bored out of my mind because I only have one day left but I got to thinking...

This year will be huge for Gore. Both positive and negative. If we win and Gore stays healthy then he is back in the talks of being one of, if not the most elite back. I'm saying this based on his total yards from scrimmage year after year. But if we fail and Gore fails to make 1,000 yards, I think the organization and fans will want to find a replacement at runningback. Like Alex Smith, Gore doesn't have too many execuses not to have a solid year, if he doesn't, then I think you'll hear talk about Gore already hitting his prime and he won't get anymore love.

[ Edited by Youngone on Aug 5, 2010 at 13:16:10 ]
Only if the running game is completely inept. Then the offense will go towards a spread attack and the need for Gore will decrease. But I really don't think this will happen. The balance they were able to create at the end of the season should only continue as Alex and the offense get more comfortable.

Big year for Gore, Book it!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Only if the running game is completely inept. Then the offense will go towards a spread attack and the need for Gore will decrease. But I really don't think this will happen. The balance they were able to create at the end of the season should only continue as Alex and the offense get more comfortable.

Big year for Gore, Book it!

But I think they have to come out and switch it up between run and pass or teams will key in on one and take it away. Yes the o line was lame last year but the 1st half of the season Raye just kept running Gore up the gut regardless of how many defenders were int eh box. In short we just want to see a complete offense which should benefit everybody. This team can't have one offense for Gore and one for Smith.
Originally posted by valrod33:

That jersey=
If our O is balanced and executes, this could be Gore`s best year yet...
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by valrod33:

That jersey=

get over it, f**k we get it you think those jerseys are ugly
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

I don't think there's anyway he'll ever top '06 in terms of yardage. Maybe all around this could be his best year since.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

I don't think there's anyway he'll ever top '06 in terms of yardage. Maybe all around this could be his best year since.

If the passing game can keep the safeties back, then he could easily have his best year ever.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

If the passing game can keep the safeties back, then he could easily have his best year ever.

Well it remains to be seen if the o-line can block for squat, or that Alex is capable of being better than decent.

I'm just playing it conservatively, but I think it's possible for this to be his second best year. That, and if the passing game is working, and the other rbs are contributing, I don't think Gore will get as many touches. In '06 he basically was the team.

He made the probowl having missed 3 games behind the most inconsistent blocking for possibly any RB in the league.

Gore is a top level RB and every year for him is a damn good year.

Personally, I think this will be his best all around year. I can see him accumulating Emmitt Smith numbers. This team seems like it's built similar to the 90's Cowboys.

I have a good feeling Alex Smith can emulate Aikman's average career stats: 61.5% with 81.6 rating. Although, I don't think can be as accurate as Aikman. (% does not equal accuracy).

That team was built around Emmitt Smith and didn't do squat without him. As much as you want our passing game to excel, we don't win without Frank.
Gore is a top flight back. Gore's only problem is staying healthy. Since 06 he hasn't played a full season, and very soon you will see the niners going with the rest of the league with a 2 back attack which IMO prevents the amount of wear & tear on a player. Perfect example: Carolina Panthers. 2 Rb's that rushed over 1,000 yds. That wouldn't be a bad option.

Let's say the O-line stinks it up, and I think we all have to be realastic here Anthony Davis is not going to come in and dominate here. Besides QB he has the hardest position on the field. Tackle is a fkn hard transition from College to Pro's, plus he's still a fkn kid so it will take him a while.
So we go to a spread, thankfully Frank has some damn good hands in catching the ball, and I think that helps him 10-fold.

He needs to stay healthy. Yes the staff is high on Coffee especially with his performance at camp, I truly think he will win the #2 spot. He's from the SEC he knows what it's like to be pushed anyone here heard of mark ingram lol, coffee held him off from being a full time starter.

It's a new era of FB and the 2 back system is the hot new cock. hell even in College. It is what it is. Hardley any teams use a 1 back system.

I would not be surprised if we looked at Lynch. I think Buffalo will wind up trading him, they're not going to pay him that $$ to be a 3rd stringer. He's being proffessional out there, but he's barely getting any reps. I'd take Lynch as a number 2 he would be perfect in our system.
Originally posted by Joecool:
He made the probowl having missed 3 games behind the most inconsistent blocking for possibly any RB in the league.

Personally, I think this will be his best all around year. I can see him accumulating Emmitt Smith numbers. This team seems like it's built similar to the 90's Cowboys.

I have a good feeling Alex Smith can emulate Aikman's average career stats: 61.5% with 81.6 rating. Although, I don't think can be as accurate as Aikman. (% does not equal accuracy).

That team was built around Emmitt Smith and didn't do squat without him. As much as you want our passing game to excel, we don't win without Frank.

Although he went to the probowl, it doesn't count in terms of honors.

He was nothing more than a replacement.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Joecool:

Although he went to the probowl, it doesn't count in terms of honors.

He was nothing more than a replacement.

-9fA

Yes, but his overall numbers made him a top 5 back last year. That's with missing 3 games and being behind a very inconsistent line. Although Coffee was a rookie, he couldn't do anything near what Gore did behind the same line. Even when Smith came in, Gore was the primary reason why we won games, running and receiving.
Gore's #1 contribution to the team is his consistency. He delivers like UPS, regardless of olinemen, OC's, HC's etc.

I want Smith to adapt Gores consistency. If/when he does this team goes to the SB.......
Share 49ersWebzone