LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Down goes Scott McKillop, tears ACL, OUT for season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sad to hear...........good luck Scott on your recovery.

Now we need someone to step up this year on special teams.........who will it be? Bowman? Mays?

Chicago49erFan
i love this thread.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Such a terrible, terrible loss. Just, cant, believe it. Man, now we're f**ked for the entire season. Awhh man, damn.. This really really sucks. What the f**k are we gonna do now?

you sir are tasteless.
This is a big blow to our depth. Spikes is old, he's going to need some breathers in games and heaven forbid if he gets injured during the season which happens to older players. Do you guys really feel comfortable with Wilhelm or a raw Bowman out there? I know I don't.
Originally posted by jalapeno49:
Gold49er,
LB U thing? How many quality PSU LB's are playing in the League right now? I mean, actually playing? I think the claim LB U for PSU is outdated. I would count USC, Texas, Miami, Iowa and Miami before PSU.

Bowman's a "project" in so many ways, and his play has been largely forgettable save the obvious coverage lapses and bad footwork in the nutcracker. McKillop forgot more about the position in 1.5yrs than Bowman will learn by the end of camp. Injury is a setback. No doubt about it.

hands down that SC and texas produces the best LB's in the NFL
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Such a terrible, terrible loss. Just, cant, believe it. Man, now we're f**ked for the entire season. Awhh man, damn.. This really really sucks. What the f**k are we gonna do now?

_______

Right, we get it. Because he wasn't a star you don't give a s**t. Got it. Duly noted.

Fact is he was a solid contributor through and through. He was going to make the 53 man roster and at the very least contribute solidly on special teams. This dude, like every single other guy at camp...is a warrior. He shows up, does his best and tries to contribute in any way he can.

My guess is if they asked him to line up at WR, he'd do it in a second. Like everybody on this team. He is a San Francisco 49er, just like us and everybody else on that team. It doesn't matter if he is a superstar. He is one of us.

This probably isn't the last time a backup of ours will go down with an injury. So, I hope that when it happens we will give that guy respect, as a teammate, for being willing to shred his knee for the sake of trying to contribute to this team.

Most of this team will be comprised of backups...even after final cuts. They don't need to be superstars or even mere starters to put us over the top. Respect.
I wish him the best and a speedy recovery. He is definitely a hard worker and team player, no doubt.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
This is a big blow to our depth. Spikes is old, he's going to need some breathers in games and heaven forbid if he gets injured during the season which happens to older players. Do you guys really feel comfortable with Wilhelm or a raw Bowman out there? I know I don't.

Yeah I wonder if we make pick someone up. But I think Spikes missed a game last year, and Willhelm took his spot. Actually, I think they picked Willhelm up for that reason, I'm not positive though.
ACL is bad news... ive had it before sucks... he could never be the same
  • cools
  • Veteran
That sucks, sorry Scotty, rehab well and we will see ya in 2011
His contributions on special teams will be missed

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

you sir are tasteless.

Let me add douchebag to the list. You fail as a fan.

Speedy recovery to you Scott. Good player.
Way to early for these kind of stuff to be happening. Hurts our depth.
Brit Miller (because of his ST's ability) and Matt Wilhelm's chances of making the team just went up.
Maybe it'll be the chance that Bowman needs, maybe he will make the most of his chance and really step it up.

Still, speedy recovery is wished to Scott, any injury is a bad injury and no doubt next year he'll have something he wants to prove.

Dan
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Brit Miller (because of his ST's ability) and Matt Wilhelm's chances of making the team just went up.

I think Wilhelm is a lock now. Bowman, Wilhelm... who else can back-up at ILB for us? Manny in a pinch???
Share 49ersWebzone