There are 211 users in the forums

Down goes Scott McKillop, tears ACL, OUT for season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
don't worry, you'll forget he's out for the year in a couple weeks. make that days.
he sounded real excited in a training camp video about doing the nutcracker drill against the o-lineman. the man worked real hard, its a shame
Terrible news. That opens a spot for Bowman or somebody else. Somebody needs to step up and seize this opportunity to make the roster. A speedy rehab and recovery to you, Scott.
Such a terrible, terrible loss. Just, cant, believe it. Man, now we're f**ked for the entire season. Awhh man, damn.. This really really sucks. What the f**k are we gonna do now?
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Such a terrible, terrible loss. Just, cant, believe it. Man, now we're f**ked for the entire season. Awhh man, damn.. This really really sucks. What the f**k are we gonna do now?

no need for the sarcasm. nut I liked the upside of this kid. It sucks that he's out he could of been a great replacement for tko. lets hope bowman follows the linebacker U trend.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by 49ersBest1:
Lets be real. Carted off wearing an air cast for what they call "a sprain". He's most likely out for the season or well into the season.

Yeah, I have to agree with you. Air cast usually means compound fracture . Get well soon McKillop, because your roster spot is vanishing quickly.

Paging Wilhelm, Paging Bowman...

I don't want him out an extended time, but this means we can keep philip adams, zeigler or someone else with his roster spot if he hits the IR. Let bowman be TKO's backup, then have bowman and mckillop go at it again next year in training camp.
Well.. I wasn't hoping he was out, but now that he is we get to keep around some of the fringe players who we might have lost this year.

His injury will be a big blow to the team, especially if a starter goes down.
that sucks, good special teams player we'll miss
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
that sucks, good special teams player we'll miss
hella sucks hes a great person willing learner and a hard worker he is a great special team player im gonna miss him this year and i hope he stays with us next year
Luckily we are deep at LB!

RIP to his virgin ACL

tough break for Scott. I have always liked him a lot, not the most athletically gifted guy out there, but has always played tough.

hope he can make it back. he is still a young guy, so he has that working for him.

for those of you that think this isn't a big deal, you are mistaken. there is a decent chance he would have been a starter next year, and this puts him at least a year back.
Gold49er,
LB U thing? How many quality PSU LB's are playing in the League right now? I mean, actually playing? I think the claim LB U for PSU is outdated. I would count USC, Texas, Miami, Iowa and Miami before PSU.

Bowman's a "project" in so many ways, and his play has been largely forgettable save the obvious coverage lapses and bad footwork in the nutcracker. McKillop forgot more about the position in 1.5yrs than Bowman will learn by the end of camp. Injury is a setback. No doubt about it.
Definitely bad news - a hard worker with a good future ahead. The team is weaker now. (I don't think it's a critical loss, just making a statement about losing an outstanding ST player)

Best of luck to Scott on his recovery (and surgery, more likely than not)
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Share 49ersWebzone