There are 161 users in the forums

vote for montana as the best all time

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If somebody compares tom brady to joe montana again i'm going to eat my computer...its the most ignorant argument ever.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Why is Brady in the top 10? He never won anything, Vinatieri always took care of that part for him...

Sorry, I was unaware that Brady had you hanging from hit nuts.

NFL records

* Highest total passing touchdowns in a regular season: 50 (2007)
* Highest total passing touchdowns in a season: 56 (2007)
* Highest total passing touchdowns in a single quarter: 5 (2009)
* Highest completion percentage in a single game: 92.9% (2007)
* Largest touchdown to interception difference: +42 (2007)
* NFL record for most consecutive wins in post season: 10 (2001, 2003, 2004)
* Tied for most completions in a Super Bowl: 32 (XXXVIII)
* Most career Super Bowl completions: 100 (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLII)
* Most games with three or more touchdown passes: 12 (2007)
* Most touchdown passes in a month: 20 (October 2007)
* Only quarterback to start and win 3 Super Bowls before his 28th birthday.
* Most career overtime wins without a defeat: 7-0
* Most consecutive playoff wins by a quarterback: 10 (2001, 2003, 2004)
* Most consecutive completions to start a career without an interception: 162
* Only quarterback to have 3+ passing touchdowns in 10 straight games.

Career bests

* Highest single-game quarterback rating: 158.3 (at Miami, October 21, 2007) Perfect Rating
* Highest single-season quarterback rating: 117.2 (2007) 2nd highest all-time
* Highest single-game completion percentage: 92.9% (vs. Jacksonville, January 12, 2008) NFL Record
* Highest total passing touchdowns in a game: 6 (at Miami, October 21, 2007 and vs. Tennessee, October 18, 2009)
* Highest total passing touchdowns in a quarter: 5 (vs. Tennessee, October 18, 2009) NFL Record
* Highest total passing touchdowns in a regular season: 50 (2007) NFL Record
* Highest total passing yards in a game: 410 (vs. Kansas City, 2002)
* Highest total passing yards in a season: 4,806 (2007)
* Lowest interception total, season (minimum 2 starts): 8 (2007)
* Largest touchdown to interception difference: +42 (2007) NFL Record

but venetieri kickem da feeeeld gowels!!!! get off it, theres no ignoring how awesome brady is.

Montana, Brady, Young, Manning and Elway are my top five. just based on their styles and pure enjoyment of watching them play. Young is my favorite but id say montana and brady are both over him.

honda, love ya man but Brady doesn't beat Manning. manning has more statistical records than Brady could even hope to have. The Colts lost Defensively to the Pats and then lets not forget Videogate. You can't tell me that Bellichick only taped the opponents that one season. To me that drops Brady down the ladder a few rungs. It's hard not to win when you have first hand knowledge of your Opponents signals.

MLB didn't let the Giants get away with it. Goodell just gave the Pats a slap on the wrist as far as I'm concerned. I mean you might as well caught BB shooting his entire team with Roids. That's how much of an unfair advantage the Pats had over the entire AFL at the very least.

Manning kicks ass just by audiblizing.

~Ceadder

its all love ceadder but im gonna stick with brady over manning because of his track record in the superbowl and getting to the superbowl as compared to mannings. as far as videotaping, they got caught, thats the only thing seperating them from the other teams that do this. all teams do it not just them, they just got caught. do you think we were the only team "tampering" that one year the bears got picks from us? we were the only ones who got caught tho, doesnt mean we were the only ones. i remember smiley signing with miami pretty damn quick a few years back too. brady has some impressive records too that manning doesnt have, as i listed above. i like peyton too hes probably my favorite non niner right now but i still think brady is the better QB. maybe its the offense, maybe its the supporting cast, whatever the case may be i still feel hes the better QB. the argument against brady being a product of the system that can be said for everyone. brett favre and steve young are perfect examples. on their first teams they were just shadows of their MVP selves, cant hate brady for falling into a good situation.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
I still dont understand why Brady isn't ranked higher. It should be #1Montana, #2 Brady

Shouldn't Baugh get more respect?

Yes. Few know what an amazing football player this guy was. The King (old KNBR host) said he was the best QB to ever play and he saw everyone on that list play except for Brady.

187 TDS
203 INT
21,886 YDS
72.2 RTG

Not the greatest stats (YA Tittle had better) but Sammy Baugh played "old school" football - leading the entire NFL in categories on offense (passing), defense (interceptions) and special teams (punting) all in the same season!

Maybe Jim Kelly or Sid Luckman should have been on there as well over say Griese.

Jim Kelly GETS SCREWED by these polls.

He took his team to the Superbowl 4 consecutive years. Missed a SB win by a missed field goal, then had to play the Juggernaut '91 Skins and '92-'93 Cowboys who the 49ers with Steve Young couldn't beat those years.

Marino only made it to the Superbowl once and lost, and Warren Moon never did. Kelly deserves much more credit and recognition.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
I still dont understand why Brady isn't ranked higher. It should be #1Montana, #2 Brady

Shouldn't Baugh get more respect?

Yes. Few know what an amazing football player this guy was. The King (old KNBR host) said he was the best QB to ever play and he saw everyone on that list play except for Brady.

In addition to being an elite qb, he was an elite safety and punter, too.

Yup.

Joe Montana may be the greatest QB and Jerry Rice the greatest WR, but Sammy Baugh was the greatest 'football player' of all time.
If we still have to prove to any rule football fan that Montana is the best QB of all-time (or at least past 1970), they can't be helped.
Share 49ersWebzone