There are 201 users in the forums

Will Manny Lawson break out in a Contract Year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Manny Lawson break out in a Contract Year?

Manny Lawson was upset that the Niners haven't talked extension. He missed all the "optional" workouts but reported to mandatory mini camp and was in shape and wasn't missing a step.

DO you think this contract talk, or lack of, will motivate him to step his game up this year. I'm hoping so.

[ Edited by global_nomad on Aug 1, 2010 at 11:22:17 ]
IMO yes. He's one of my favorite players and I love his attitude on the field.
I'm calling 10 sacks for him this year.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I like his rotation with Brooks, but hopefully we can do more on 1st and 2nd down. The pass rush has to if the Niner D is going to be top 3 in the league like Willis wished for yesterday.

I see your 10 sacks and raise you 4.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

I like his rotation with Brooks, but hopefully we can do more on 1st and 2nd down. The pass rush has to if the Niner D is going to be top 3 in the league like Willis wished for yesterday.

10 sacks for Lawson and 9.5 for brooks
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I think your pushing it there.

hey now we only play the Rams twice this year

I can see it happening
no, he sucks

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
no, he sucks

7 sacks maybe he isnt an elite pass rusher we have to deal with that however he is a great against the ruin and great in coverage and is a smart player
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
7 sacks maybe he isnt an elite pass rusher we have to deal with that however he is a great against the ruin and great in coverage and is a smart player

I think its crazy because I can't remember anything fantastic that he's done (other than an acrobatic INT his first season in the league), or anything horrible that he's done. He flies under the radar IMO. That being said I don't know how you can say hes great at anything?

I think its crazy because I can't remember anything fantastic that he's done (other than an acrobatic INT his first season in the league), or anything horrible that he's done. He flies under the radar IMO. That being said I don't know how you can say hes great at anything?

hes great at being average
Originally posted by crabman82:

hes great at being average

i think he is above average in everything except passrush. unfortunately, that lacking brings his overall game to the average level because he is a olb in a 3-4. i blame his height/long legs which are great for eating distance in getting from point a to point b in a relatively straight line, but are a hindrance in the " close combat" environment of a passrusher. he simply doesn't have the agility for it.
Share 49ersWebzone