There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How much do you play Gore in Preseason (all 4 games)

How much do you play Gore in Preseason (all 4 games)

He should play every series that Alex is in there. He is good at picking up penetrating defensive players and protecting the QB. What have you gained if, in the interest of protecting your front tier RB, you get your front-line QB injured?
I know, let's ask Frank himself!

Gore, how much do you think you'll be playing this preseason?

Um.....

Alright, anything else?

....... -_-

[ Edited by defenderDX on Jul 30, 2010 at 20:21:58 ]
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Um.....

Alright, anything else?

....... -_-

Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Um.....

Alright, anything else?

....... -_-

what? I interviewed him.
run him and make him get ready for the season. let him carry 25+!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by teeohh:
let Coffee and Dixon get all the snaps

seems like we don't have many rbs on the bubble like we did before, didn't we have Sheets and some other guy last year?

i liked Sheets, he was pretty good.
rather take him over coffee any day

Originally posted by TheDOUBLE:
Originally posted by teeohh:
let Coffee and Dixon get all the snaps

seems like we don't have many rbs on the bubble like we did before, didn't we have Sheets and some other guy last year?

i liked Sheets, he was pretty good.
rather take him over coffee any day

The team said the reason he didn't make the roster was because he didn't know blitz pickups and route running out of the backfield.

Plus I think that TD was more about the 3 missed tackles, even though he did hit the hole hard.
I know Gore wouldn't agree but I would only give him a series in maybe two pre-season games , we know what he can do , it's more about seeing what Coffee and Dixon can do.

[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Jul 31, 2010 at 12:27:47 ]
he wont see the field till the 3rd game and i doubt they play him even through the 1st qt
You might be right of course, but I bet he sees a couple of snaps game 1, a few more game 2 say 4or 5 snaps, a whole first quarter game three and sits out game four, or takes only one or two snaps to make him feel good.
It's not the Preseason looks he gets that has him down 2 games a season.

It's being a tween the Tackle runner and the Opposing Defense knowing this and submarining the Line to take out Gore. He's CONSTANTLY getting hit at the ankles. Effectively causing the sprains and putting him on the bench.

Our Line blows people up and that will stop happening for the most part.

~Ceadder
Give him one series in the 3rd preseason game, and then maybe 2-3 series or the 1st quarter (which ever is less) in the 4th preseason game. That's the most I would give my workhorse.
for a few years there LT didnt play at all, in reality gore should get a series or two in the first 3 games
Gore is our ground game and is proven. Let him take the 1st series of every game and then rest him.
Originally posted by mojave45:
You might be right of course, but I bet he sees a couple of snaps game 1, a few more game 2 say 4or 5 snaps, a whole first quarter game three and sits out game four, or takes only one or two snaps to make him feel good.

frank is confused

[ Edited by defenderDX on Aug 1, 2010 at 05:31:30 ]