LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

How much do you play Gore in Preseason (all 4 games)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How much do you play Gore in Preseason (all 4 games)

I don't know if I'm more frustrated that Gore misses 2-3 games every season with a bum ankle, or the fact that we don't have a very good back up RB.

Either way I love Gore's preseason look. Remember its a league rule you need a doctors note to wear the face mask visor in the regular season (LT), but you can wear the visor during the preseason.

we know what he can do. I'd let him play a series or two, tops.
I wouldn't let him play at all in preseason.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I don't know if I'm more frustrated that Gore misses 2-3 games every season with a bum ankle, or the fact that we don't have a very good back up RB.

Gore's durability isn't really an issue when compared to other Running Backs in the NFL. He's missed no more than two games in each of the last two seasons and just seven starts in four years.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Gore's durability isn't really an issue when compared to other Running Backs in the NFL. He's missed no more than two games in each of the last two seasons and just seven starts in four years.

I'm just frustrated because we usually barely lose games he's out. Vikings last year, Miami the year before. Hopefully our offense has evolved, but we need to establish a strong back up.
I'd let Dixon and Coffee, mostly Dixon get all the snaps he can.
let Coffee and Dixon get all the snaps

seems like we don't have many rbs on the bubble like we did before, didn't we have Sheets and some other guy last year?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
One series a game. In the regular season he sits as soon as the game is out of hand. Time to start limiting his carries and finding his successor, he is two years away from 29, the magic age when most running backs start rapidly going downhill.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I wouldn't let him play at all in preseason.

I dont like that idea, he needs to get some touches in the preseason just enough to get him ready
One or two series in each of the first two games, then a full quarter in game three, then he doesn't even dress for game four.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
One or two series in each of the first two games, then a full quarter in game three, then he doesn't even dress for game four.

FYI you should change your answer to under 10 series..... I think a lot of you should and this poll isnt correct because because people like myself who forgot the appostrophe in isnt or cant spell apostrophe my spell check tell me smoked too much pot before english class every day, or every class, or was it everyday before every class or just english. W/E I cant remember.(appostrophes included)

Bottom Line: My answer is no more than 10 series because if he doesnt play at all he feels like hes not invited to the party all of his friends are attending, and thats messed up since anyone was invited to his. Sit him first game. 1 series 2nd. 2 or 3 in 3d game and first quarter 4th. He wants to play, even just a little because HE LOVES THE GAME. If it was his choice he wouldnt miss a single snap and to deny him 10 series would be cruel and unusual punishment in my opinion.

P.S. I do have spell check or I would never know I mispelled apostrophe and discluded isnt a word I guess.
Originally posted by NTeply49:

FYI you should change your answer to under 10 series..... I think a lot of you should and this poll isnt correct because because people like myself who forgot the appostrophe in isnt or cant spell apostrophe my spell check tell me smoked too much pot before english class every day, or every class, or was it everyday before every class or just english. W/E I cant remember.(appostrophes included)

Bottom Line: My answer is no more than 10 series because if he doesnt play at all he feels like hes not invited to the party all of his friends are attending, and thats messed up since anyone was invited to his. Sit him first game. 1 series 2nd. 2 or 3 in 3d game and first quarter 4th. He wants to play, even just a little because HE LOVES THE GAME. If it was his choice he wouldnt miss a single snap and to deny him 10 series would be cruel and unusual punishment in my opinion.

P.S. I do have spell check or I would never know I mispelled apostrophe and discluded isnt a word I guess.

OH YEAH! Forgot to mention 1-2 series first 2 games + first quarter of last 2 would be just a tad under 10 if you think about it. Most teams maybe get 1-3 series a quarter barring major turnovers. If he did 1 series first 2 games and full quarter the next 2 thats 4 series minimum however very unlikely, because I feel hed get at least 7 series in if we did that.
Tough spot to put your horse in but we're essentially installing a new running game this year with the new bodies and new line coaches so I'm expecting to see Frank a little more than anybody's comfortable with. As long as the top team O-line is on the field I'd like to see Frank and Coffee split the carries right down the middle.
Originally posted by NTeply49:

Don't worry I will not point out the fact you misspelled the word misspelled.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Two series in our third preseason game. I'd sit him out the rest.
Share 49ersWebzone