LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Barrows: 49ers tried to trade Glen Coffee on draft day

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/07/singletary-eage.html

Towards the end of the article. Interesting.
I wish they did.
cause he suck
I still stick to this.....

Going back and looking at last years draft, I noticed we just drafted the same 5 positions again. Granted, Crabtree and Williams are 2 different kids that bring opposite skill sets to the team so the difference is apparent. But Coffee-Dixon, Pascoe-Byham, McKillop-Bowman, and (like the Crabtree-Willams differences) Taylor-Mays (that was on accident). I find it a little odd that we had to seriously redraft 3 positions again. Obviously I could be reading too much into it but does this mean we whiffed on those picks last year? Looking at a McCloughan draft vs a Baalke draft I hope for our sake we didn't just set ourselves up again for another redraft in the near future. I love this years draft class but I loved last years as well!!!
Citing a source.

I've got a source that tells me that unnamed sources with supposed information isn't really information at all.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Citing a source.

I've got a source that tells me that unnamed sources with supposed information isn't really information at all.

Rumours
Originally posted by ads_2006:
cause he suck

we only had him for 1 year he did great in preseason i think with a decent o line he will be decent
Originally posted by jreff22:
I still stick to this.....

Going back and looking at last years draft, I noticed we just drafted the same 5 positions again. Granted, Crabtree and Williams are 2 different kids that bring opposite skill sets to the team so the difference is apparent. But Coffee-Dixon, Pascoe-Byham, McKillop-Bowman, and (like the Crabtree-Willams differences) Taylor-Mays (that was on accident). I find it a little odd that we had to seriously redraft 3 positions again. Obviously I could be reading too much into it but does this mean we whiffed on those picks last year? Looking at a McCloughan draft vs a Baalke draft I hope for our sake we didn't just set ourselves up again for another redraft in the near future. I love this years draft class but I loved last years as well!!!

Each of those positions had been depleted by free agency (see Bajema, Johnson and Lewis) or neglected in previous drafts. Also, each of those positions require depth beyond one starter.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He does suck.

Also inside info like this is why MB>>>>>>>>MM.
Citing a source.

I literally had a source tell me that the players and organization didn't like what they saw from Coffee, he came in and complained about having to be on special teams, and that turned a lot of heads. I don't think he had/has the right attitude of the team they're trying to build. I think Dixon has a good shot at steeling his job.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Citing a source.

I literally had a source tell me that the players and organization didn't like what they saw from Coffee, he came in and complained about having to be on special teams, and that turned a lot of heads. I don't think he had/has the right attitude of the team they're trying to build. I think Dixon has a good shot at steeling his job.

f**k him then

I hope he gets cut.
Originally posted by susweel:
Citing a source.

f**k him then

I hope he gets cut.

I mean complain about Special Teams as a rook???? Who does he think he is Dez Brayant...jk. I think his attitude plus lack of production is the reason Dixon got drafted.

What does it say about not being able to move him either
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Citing a source.

f**k him then

I hope he gets cut.

I mean complain about Special Teams as a rook???? Who does he think he is Dez Brayant...jk. I think his attitude plus lack of production is the reason Dixon got drafted.

Where did you get your info ?
Citing a source.

f**k him then

I hope he gets cut.

Where did you get your info ?

I have a buddy who knows someone who works for the organization. So basically 3rd person info, so take it or leave it if you want, but as soon as we drafted Dixon, he told me about Coffee's attitude.

He hadn't heard that they tried to trade him, but that makes since knowing the general attitude of the team towards him.
We've been needing a change of pace back for the longest time. So many other teams around the league have utilized a stable of two or three running backs that all have different running styles.

We have Gore, who's a tough shifty runner with elusive speed who is a top back when he's healthy.

We have Coffee, who is a downhill runner, not a homerun threat, but supposed to be our short yardage back. Not that productive last year during the regular season, but considering our Oline was one of the worst in the league, that's no surprise.

And now we have Dixon, who's bigger than both Gore and Coffee, but is known for his quick feet and playmaking ability.

I would like to see a Speedster in the mix. C.J. Spiller would've been nice, but maybe we can find one in next year's draft. Ultimately, I think we'll be okay with the guys we have this upcoming year. Let's just wait and see.
Share 49ersWebzone