There are 247 users in the forums

Second and third rounders.........

Shop Find 49ers gear online
why are these players not signed? what are they holding out for? these guys are ridiculous. you did not get picked in the first round. this is why they need a rookie wage scale

im talking abot Mays And Navarro
[ Edited by dwats49 on Jul 28, 2010 at 5:43 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think the Mays signing is kind of tricky because Clausen the guy picked ahead of him is a QB and his numbers maybe a little inflated. Now Clausen has signed so Mays should follow very quickly.
besides crabtree, the niners have a good track record of getting rookies signed before camp. they'll be there on time.
Just lay off the panic button............the Niners will have them in soon enough.
Originally posted by dwats49:
why are these players not signed? what are they holding out for? these guys are ridiculous. you did not get picked in the first round. this is why they need a rookie wage scale

wow, its not a hold out if you arent required to be there
Originally posted by dwats49:

I agree its kinda ridiculous that they arent signed yet. Rookies report to camp in 2 days,lets get it done already!!!
Chill out. They aren't "Holding Out". LOL.

This is the way this stuff works. Its going so slow this year because of a lack of a salary cap and a new CBA (Collective Barganing Agreement). It may not be changing the Niner plans directly, but Agents are waiting for players to sign to establish a pecking order.

It will get done. CHILL.
these things are usually done the day before training camp so many rookies havent signed yet but most of the teams have started TC dont worry it will get dont on july 30th
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Just lay off the panic button............the Niners will have them in soon enough.

You are correct sir!
Navorro Bowman needs to sign at least by today, his 3rd round slotting position is practically concrete, so I assume right now they're working the numbers game (figuring out his incentives and bonuses).

They're probably bridging the gap (as we speak) so Bowman will have a deal which looks something like 4 years, $2.490M; $700K SB.

The second and third rounders will sign, dont worry about it. The 1st rounders may lag a bit only for the market to fall into place but there will be a waterfall of signing within the next few days.
Everyone is waiting on Bradford. Once he signs, everyone will follow suit. I am suprised Bryant's signing didn't prompt more first and second rounders to sign....
Bowman hasn't signed because his agent is Drew Rosenfuk!
Did Javier Arenas (50th selection) already sign with the Chiefs?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
these things are usually done the day before training camp so many rookies havent signed yet but most of the teams have started TC dont worry it will get dont on july 30th

did i call it or what

just happy we have all our picks signed
Share 49ersWebzone