There are 161 users in the forums

ESPN POWER RANKINGS July 26th

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
We're too high and the list is kinda whack in general, but whatever. I've seen worse NFL lists throughout the off-season.

Why is it too high? We finished 8-8. That's middle of the pack so I expected to be ranked around 13-16. It was just a tad more generous than I thought.

Cuz most likely we'll finish 8-8 again, 12 is too high, if it was 16, or 18 or whatever that would of made more sense.

8-8 most likely eh? A team that lost to the vikings on the road by 3 points only because of a Favre miracle, lost to the colts again on the road only because of a stunt play, lost 4 other games by 7 or less points AND still managed to end up 8-8.

So you are basically saying this team hasn't improved at all? Even last years team with a lucky break or 2 would have been 10-6. Awe well if you say so
  • DJD
  • Veteran
12 is a nice place to be for sure!!

But if you think about it - niners are odds on favorites to win the division, there are 8 divisions SO being that there aren't any nfc west teams in the top 8 there are say 7 other division fav's in there leaving 4 other division runner ups still ahead the niners.

On the flip side they are the highest ranked team without a winning record.

With all that said NFC west is looking pretty sad so 12 seems to be just the right spot to put em.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Raisin' the Roof - yet another thing white people have ruined for black people.
Originally posted by DJD:

But if you think about it - niners are odds on favorites to win the division, there are 8 divisions SO being that there aren't any nfc west teams in the top 8 there are say 7 other division fav's in there leaving 4 other division runner ups still ahead the niners.

With all that said NFC west is looking pretty sad so 12 seems to be just the right spot to put em.

Actually 8-8 is regarded as a winning record (.500 pct), we just didn't win enough to possess a playoff birth last season (same thing went for the Houston Texans last season).
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Actually 8-8 is regarded as a winning record (.500 pct), we just didn't win enough to possess a playoff birth last season (same thing went for the Houston Texans last season).

How is 8-8 a winning record?? 8=8. It's not a losing record, but, not a winning record either.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Raisin' the Roof - yet another thing white people have ruined for black people.

We call it "Lifting the Ceiling."
Originally posted by bigmike55:
We could be ranked 32nd, we could be ranked 1st, all that matters is what we actually do on the field.

Way to have fun with it, BigMike.
Power Rankings really mean nothing at this point in the season, basically just where "experts" figure you to be...I do think it shows that everyone is giving the 49ers a little respect at least and think they should be among the top half of the NFL, Im not sure if thats a good or bad thing though.
Originally posted by boast:

Now that is nice Pie.....
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
We're too high and the list is kinda whack in general, but whatever. I've seen worse NFL lists throughout the off-season.

Why is it too high? We finished 8-8. That's middle of the pack so I expected to be ranked around 13-16. It was just a tad more generous than I thought.

Cuz most likely we'll finish 8-8 again, 12 is too high, if it was 16, or 18 or whatever that would of made more sense.

8-8 most likely eh? A team that lost to the vikings on the road by 3 points only because of a Favre miracle, lost to the colts again on the road only because of a stunt play, lost 4 other games by 7 or less points AND still managed to end up 8-8.

So you are basically saying this team hasn't improved at all? Even last years team with a lucky break or 2 would have been 10-6. Awe well if you say so

Did I say that? No. Fact is we don't have a player at the most important position in football, we did last year I guess till that Falcon game where wheels just fell off for Shaun Hill. If we had a QB all the way through last year or hell the year before, I don't wanna know the kind of success we would of had.

Originally posted by bassmanr:

Now that is nice Pie.....

I forgot what this thread was about.
Nicee
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
Goldson will be gone at the end of the season. He has a new agent who wants Willis, Davis kind of money for him. If Alex comes through, we'll have to sign Davis and Alex so bye, bye Goldson. Too bad after we brought him along slowly so he could learn the position and be a star.

Goldson put up pro bowl type numbers last year in his first full season as a starter and if he continues at that level then the 49ers(not we) should make every effort to sign him to a new contract.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you're not very high on Dashon and he's easily replaceable

Cot damn!!! Look at them hips roll.
  • hb123
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:

Cot damn!!! Look at them hips roll.

thats legit!!

my town needs more girls that look and shake this
Share 49ersWebzone