There are 189 users in the forums

Current Niner's Jersey's Retired?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Current Niner's Jersey's Retired?

Ok quick question guys. Watching the Cowgirls I can't believe Michael Irvings Number isn't Retired!

So here is the question, which one of these Niner's will have their Jersey's retired based on them playing most of their careers with the niners?.....

Patrick Willis- I feel number 52 will never be worn by another 49er after this man. He is everything you want in a player, humble, hardworking, and great. He not only will have jersey retired but be a first ballot Hall of Famer!

Frank Gore- There are many knocks on gore, but he has been a great player for us. 3 years over 1k, great hands, good blocker, and probably will go down as our best RB ever!

Vernon Davis- At first i thought this guy had no hands, and was a cocky SOB. Then he hit his brick wall; Mike Singletary. Singletary took this raw talent, and made him go from a selfish jerk, so a team captain. Incredible. Last season he was very impressive, made his first bro bowl, cut off those ugly dreads, and tied an NFL record for TDs for a tight end. If he continues with this Path, he will be our best TE ever, but HOF may be a little premature.

Mike Crabtree- Awesome talent man, also had the VD syndrome and came in as a bit of a jerk. 11 games played was obviously our best WR, and clearly our number 1. His first year stats are comparable to Jerry and T.O with 4 or 5 less games played. I know its very early to put him with the above 3 but I feel he will be very special, and a top 5 WR in the NFL for the next ten years! Will he be the 2nd greatest WR ever to wear a Niner Jersey? We soon will see.

We should be very excited heading into this season people, we definitely have some great player's. I Feel 3 guys gore, VD, Willis, will be the top 3 players over to wear a niner jersey at their respective positions. So lets root for these guys niner nation, they are humble, hungry, and Focused for the 2010 season. T.O may be a Ram, so him and the rest of the league "BETTA GET THEY POPCORN READY!"
Originally posted by STNiner:
Ok quick question guys. Watching the Cowgirls I can't believe Michael Irvings Number isn't Retired!
So here is the question, which one of these Niner's will have their Jersey's retired based on them playing most of their careers with the niners?.....

Patrick Willis- I feel number 52 will never be worn by another 49er after this man. He is everything you want in a player, humble, hardworking, and great. He not only will have jersey retired but be a first ballot Hall of Famer!

Frank Gore- There are many knocks on gore, but he has been a great player for us. 3 years over 1k, great hands, good blocker, and probably will go down as our best RB ever!

Vernon Davis- At first i thought this guy had no hands, and was a cocky SOB. Then he hit his brick wall; Mike Singletary. Singletary took this raw talent, and made him go from a selfish jerk, so a team captain. Incredible. Last season he was very impressive, made his first bro bowl, cut off those ugly dreads, and tied an NFL record for TDs for a tight end. If he continues with this Path, he will be our best TE ever, but HOF may be a little premature.

Mike Crabtree- Awesome talent man, also had the VD syndrome and came in as a bit of a jerk. 11 games played was obviously our best WR, and clearly our number 1. His first year stats are comparable to Jerry and T.O with 4 or 5 less games played. I know its very early to put him with the above 3 but I feel he will be very special, and a top 5 WR in the NFL for the next ten years! Will he be the 2nd greatest WR ever to wear a Niner Jersey? We soon will see.

We should be very excited heading into this season people, we definitely have some great player's. I Feel 3 guys gore, VD, Willis, will be the top 3 players over to wear a niner jersey at their respective positions. So lets root for these guys niner nation, they are humble, hungry, and Focused for the 2010 season. T.O may be a Ram, so him and the rest of the league "BETTA GET THEY POPCORN READY!"

i dont think the cowboys retire numbers, irvin wore 88, but before him drew pearson wore it and he was their all time leading wr before irvin
Originally posted by crabman82:

i dont think the cowboys retire numbers, irvin wore 88, but before him drew pearson wore it and he was their all time leading wr before irvin

They don't, neither do the Niners. However the Cowboys do have a ring of honor and it is up to the former player and the organization if they want to re-issue the # to a new player.
Then again, you have to be a pretty "confident" rookie to want to wear a HOF'ers #... dare we see another #80 for the Niners???
Originally posted by SFVNiner:

They don't, neither do the Niners. However the Cowboys do have a ring of honor and it is up to the former player and the organization if they want to re-issue the # to a new player.
Then again, you have to be a pretty "confident" rookie to want to wear a HOF'ers #... dare we see another #80 for the Niners???

the niners retire numbers
i don't think ANYONE will ever wear 80 as a niner retired or not
Where is Andy Lee on that list? #4 will never be worn again after he retires.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
i don't think ANYONE will ever wear 80 as a niner retired or not

If #80 is not retired by the end of this football season I personally will track down John York and ask him to please do it.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SFVNiner:

the niners retire numbers

Oops- my bad. I thought we just did it in spirit. Cheers to 80!
  • evil
  • Veteran
MICHAEL IRVIN. Not Irving, he ain't got no G in him, he's all crackhead.
Share 49ersWebzone