There are 209 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers single game ticket sales method could be borderline illegal...

In order to buy tickets for the saints, eagles, or raiders games, you have to buy an equal number of tickets to a different game. I'm just a 22 year old recent college grad but I did major in business and one thing I learned is that product tying (requiring the purchase of one item in order to buy another item) is illegal. Have the niners always done this with single game ticket sales?
Can someone with more experience explain to me how this might not be illegal?

Me and my friends just want to go to the raiders game for a good ol rivalry game but we can't afford to buy tickets for 2 games.
Guess my other option is stubhub...
I would call a ticket rep and ask
This is so stupid, in order to buy tickets for the Eagles game, you have to buy tickets to the bucs game too. Totally retarded!!
yea! this is really stupid.....is stubhub safe?
Originally posted by schmons:
In order to buy tickets for the saints, eagles, or raiders games, you have to buy an equal number of tickets to a different game. I'm just a 22 year old recent college grad but I did major in business and one thing I learned is that product tying (requiring the purchase of one item in order to buy another item) is illegal. Have the niners always done this with single game ticket sales?
Can someone with more experience explain to me how this might not be illegal?

Me and my friends just want to go to the raiders game for a good ol rivalry game but we can't afford to buy tickets for 2 games.
Guess my other option is stubhub...

Thats BS!

BTW, what game is the Rice HOF ceremony?
Originally posted by eac49er23:

stubhub is pretty safe, i buy all of my sf giants tickets from there
Anyone wanna buy tickets to the Rams game so I could get the tickets to the Saints MNF game?
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Anyone wanna buy tickets to the Rams game so I could get the tickets to the Saints MNF game?

lol
so i'm chatting with a ticket rep and asked him about this and he's been trying to find an answer for the past 15 minutes so I'm guessing he is as stumped as I am

edit: ok so he said "It's the policy of the NFL and ticketmaster for the sale of a premium game"

not too much help so I guess i have to look on stubhub
[ Edited by schmons on Jul 24, 2010 at 11:12 AM ]
Just buy season tix?
Originally posted by TDTomAndo:
Just buy season tix?

if i could afford to......
This is so unbelievable. Talk about a f**king scam. It really pisses me off that we can't buy single season tickets to the best home games because we have to get the same for another game. I'm super mad about this. Now I get to choose between like the Rams, Bucs, and Seahawks. I guess I'll have to pick the Bucs since I've seen the Rams and Seahawks play @ candlestick before.

I REALLY wanted to go see the Saints game. Saved up for it and everything.
Originally posted by eac49er23:

Yeah Stubhub is safe, I've bought tickets there lots of times, including the Raiders game this year because I need a high volume of tickets.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
This is so unbelievable. Talk about a f**king scam. It really pisses me off that we can't buy single season tickets to the best home games because we have to get the same for another game. I'm super mad about this. Now I get to choose between like the Rams, Bucs, and Seahawks. I guess I'll have to pick the Bucs since I've seen the Rams and Seahawks play @ candlestick before.

I REALLY wanted to go see the Saints game. Saved up for it and everything.

you dont even get to pick the other game..... they are already set, raiders and hawks, saints and rams, eagles and bucs
[ Edited by schmons on Jul 24, 2010 at 11:31 AM ]
craigslist............. frieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeend