LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

TO as a Niner again?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

TO as a Niner again?

IMO Josh Morgan is overrated. He inherited the #2 WR role by default, and I dont think he is much of a threat. When the first thing you say about a WR is that he is a good blocker, then you know you dont have much. The rest of the WR corps is a bunch of inexperienced and unproven benchwarmers.

TO to me is still a homerun threat, and is a better WR than Morgan or any other WR not named Crabtree on our team. We all know what TO is capable of antic-wise. However, I would bet everything I own that TO would not pull any BS under Coach Sing. Not a Sharpie, not a pom-pom, nothing.

And you know it wouldnt hurt to have a veteran in the huddle during our first playoff game in almost a decade. How many of our offensive players have ever played in a playoff game?

Just a side note: Some of my most memorable moments in 49ers history are TO-related. Everyone remembers the Sharpie in the endzone against Seattle. Or the catch against Green Bay in the playoffs. How about the 20 catch day on Jerry Rice day? The stiff arm? The playoff game against NY Giants, the comeback?

To me TO's character would not be a concern. He just did a year in Buffalo without any alarming distractions. I think he just wants to play football.

TO is a vet and would contribute to our offense. He has game-breaking ability, and we can sign him for next to nothing. Let's allow Coach Sing to do what he does best and rehabilitate a troubled young 36 year old man to be the best player he is capable of being.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
You've been here too long to make a noob move like this.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
  • mod
  • Veteran
Cmon MAN!
Originally posted by aman49:
You've been here too long to make a noob move like this.
in for this
TO=Team Oblitherator...enough said.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
TO=Team Oblitherator...enough said.

T.O. = Titles 0
but honestly i'd rather see hill/ginn get a full shot opposite crabs. I agree that morgan might be over hyped and the #2 by default, but TO would only be the answer if SF were one WR short of making a legitimate super bowl run. Until then, I still think trying to develop a long term threat next to crabs is the better option.

I'd do it.. for one year no guarantees and if he makes one false step he's gone.
Share 49ersWebzone