LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Here it is! The beginning of the NFC West beat writer's Co-op.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Maiocco take on the Seahawks LINK

I didn't realize how many DL/LB they lost including Hill's suspension. I wouldn't be surprised if the Gore rushes for another 200yds against them.

What worries me is the "new coach" optimism which can be a big boost for the first game.

We NEED to CRUSH them to set the tone for the rest of our year and send a message to the other teams in our division that its ours now!

They need to beat them to prove to themselves the the division is theirs. Especially in Seattle where the niners dropped the ball last year in that lose.

I completely agree, changing our mentality is just as, if not more, important to becoming a "winner".

GO NINERS

Yeah that initial new coaching boost can be a killer, didn't the Raider beat the Chargers in their first game last year before the chargers rolled off 11 straight?

Fact is the Seahawks killed our playoff hopes last year, lets hope our players realize this and come out just as motivated as the hawks. There is no reason we lose this game other than a fluke... they have
-no consistent line on either side
-suspended & injured LB's
-probably gonna start a rookie FREE safety (extremely hard to pick up for a rook)
-aging CB's
-suspect running game
-Mr. Glass as QB
-No true #1 receiver with any type of speed so our defense shouldn't be exposed

On paper we are built to destroy teams like this with Gore, Crabs & VD, and our Defense...this game is gonna tell us allot about this team. If they go out and destroy the hawks, then I think we've finally arrived. If we don't then its the same niners that play to the level of our competition and we will probably lose multiple close games all year for the second time in a row.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Maiocco take on the Seahawks LINK

I didn't realize how many DL/LB they lost including Hill's suspension. I wouldn't be surprised if the Gore rushes for another 200yds against them.

What worries me is the "new coach" optimism which can be a big boost for the first game.

We NEED to CRUSH them to set the tone for the rest of our year and send a message to the other teams in our division that its ours now!

They need to beat them to prove to themselves the the division is theirs. Especially in Seattle where the niners dropped the ball last year in that lose.

I completely agree, changing our mentality is just as, if not more, important to becoming a "winner".

GO NINERS

Yeah that initial new coaching boost can be a killer, didn't the Raider beat the Chargers in their first game last year before the chargers rolled off 11 straight?

Fact is the Seahawks killed our playoff hopes last year, lets hope our players realize this and come out just as motivated as the hawks. There is no reason we lose this game other than a fluke... they have
-no consistent line on either side
-suspended & injured LB's
-probably gonna start a rookie FREE safety (extremely hard to pick up for a rook)
-aging CB's
-suspect running game
-Mr. Glass as QB
-No true #1 receiver with any type of speed so our defense shouldn't be exposed

On paper we are built to destroy teams like this with Gore, Crabs & VD, and our Defense...this game is gonna tell us allot about this team. If they go out and destroy the hawks, then I think we've finally arrived. If we don't then its the same niners that play to the level of our competition and we will probably lose multiple close games all year for the second time in a row.

I really hope you're right. Damn it would be nice to just POUND them in seattle. It would be give us good momentum going into MNF against the saints.
Good first game for establishing Singletary's power running attack. If the 49ers can't rack-up over 200 yards on the ground, then it's going to be a long season.
LINK

Here's the link to the Cardinals' Team Overview.

The more and more I look at it, the more it becomes apparent that we are a better team from top to bottom than the Cardinals. There are no excuses for not winning the division.

GO NINERS
Matt's failing big time. Both yesterday and today at least, the rams beat writers link on his post has been to the seattle guys. (and the seattle to seattle, so no rams).
Share 49ersWebzone