LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 168 users in the forums

Here it is! The beginning of the NFC West beat writer's Co-op.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Matt Maiocco starts it off...

I am looking forward to the other beat writer's analysis of the division. You know, a different point of view adds some dimension and depth.
[ Edited by ninertico on Jul 20, 2010 at 10:45 AM ]
meh, not really much insight from the other writers. Seattle's guy basically acknowledged that we have a good chance to win the west and the cards guy said hold your horses on that and Singletary has trouble controlling his emotions. Rams guy I couldn't find following the link
That's awesome IMO

No bias whatsoever. Maybe some hate though.
f**k the Cardinals beat writer
Pretty consistent with all other media outlets as a forecast for the upcoming season. Im looking forward to seeing the beat writers for Arizona and Seattle.

The responses were fairly positive given that they write for opposing clubs. Alex Smith is a big question mark and A.Davis and Iupati have to prove they can be contributors from the get-go, so I agree with all of them.

GO NINERS
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Jul 20, 2010 at 11:19 AM ]
I think the only point the other 3 goofs don't pick up on (which Maiocco gave them in his article) is our change of line coaches. This leads me to believe that none of them know who Solari and Brown are

The garbage eating birds writer has no excuse though. Solari only sent Walter Jones to the pro bowl lol! Can't really blame em though; I'd be completely ignorant to what made my team run if my fan base was a bunch of Starbucks yuppies.

Big LOL! on the Rams writer's poopy pants. Sour grapes give me a boner and those were sour grapes if I've ever heard em. Have fun in the basement fu**o

Another big LOL! to the Cards writer. Seems to be in denial that we're the better team even though we ass punked them twice last year. Maybe this years whoopins will convince em.

All in all it was the exact same stuff we talk about on this site day to day. Just think guys; we write ours for free
[ Edited by NatralBrnThrila on Jul 20, 2010 at 12:00 PM ]
Originally posted by NatralBrnThrila:
I think the only point the other 3 goofs don't pick up on (which Maiocco gave them in his article) is our change of line coaches. This leads me to believe that none of them know who Solari and Brown are

The garbage eating birds writer has no excuse though. Solari only sent Walter Jones to the pro bowl lol! Can't really blame em though; I'd be completely ignorant to what made my team run if my fan base was a bunch of Starbucks yuppies.

Big LOL! on the Rams writer's poopy pants. Sour grapes give me a boner and those were sour grapes if I've ever heard em. Have fun in the basement fu**o

Another big LOL! to the Cards writer. Seems to be in denial that we're the better team even though we ass punked them twice last year. Maybe this years whoopins will convince em.

All in all it was the exact same stuff we talk about on this site day to day. Just think guys; we write ours for free

Until we beat them FOR THE DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP they are still the better team. Now, should we this year... absolutely, but I've been down this road too many times.
The cardinals writer was the only one with actually an opinion. The other two writers just re-iterated what Maiocco said, which was kind of lame. I am curious to compare their own teams to Maiocco's interpretation of their teams. I do not see him just copying and pasting the material as they seemd to do with the 49ers...
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by NatralBrnThrila:

Until we beat them FOR THE DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP they are still the better team. Now, should we this year... absolutely, but I've been down this road too many times.

OK I can buy that to a certain extent. I'm willing to say that they're the more consistent team. But I won't call a team that we fought with head to head and beat twice, better than us. I aint buyin better, no damn way. I'll give em "interim NFC West champs".
[ Edited by NatralBrnThrila on Jul 20, 2010 at 12:46 PM ]
Quote:"He previously spent offseasons learning the new playbacks of Mike McCarthy, Norv Turner, Jim Hostler, Mike Martz and Jimmy Raye."

Well, that explains it. All this time, Alex Smith has been learning the playbacks instead of the playbook.

The two rookie linemen will make their share of mistakes, but I feel the addition of Mike Solari and Ray Brown, alone, will make the offensive line better.

The team has addressed special teams, offensive line, slot receiver and added depth at linebacker, cornerback and safety, all without losing any key players. All points suggests this team should be better than last years, but is it good enough to get to the playoffs?

I'm looking forward to this season. Make or break, the playoffs, this season a lot of questions are finally gonna get answered.

Originally posted by SJniner7:
The cardinals writer was the only one with actually an opinion. The other two writers just re-iterated what Maiocco said, which was kind of lame. I am curious to compare their own teams to Maiocco's interpretation of their teams. I do not see him just copying and pasting the material as they seemd to do with the 49ers...

Exactly right. I'm also curious to see his viewpoint of Matt Leinart. If they all said ?'s about Alex Smith, then whats the view on Leinart? At least Alex has shown progress in less than favorable conditions, he may not be THE guy in the end, but no one can doubt his work ethic.

Leinart on the other hand... was handed the keys to a Ferrari only to get his license revoked so big daddy Warner can drive. Now they lose Boldin but found a good RB to take pressure off the QB. Leinart IMO has way more pressure than Smith. If Smith fails then he does the backup circuit for a couple years (no one doubts his work ethic, just his "it" factor), if Leinart fails he is out of the league and back in hollywood.
cardinals and rams guys sound a little bitter lol
Maiocco take on the Seahawks LINK

I didn't realize how many DL/LB they lost including Hill's suspension. I wouldn't be surprised if the Gore rushes for another 200yds against them.

What worries me is the "new coach" optimism which can be a big boost for the first game.

We NEED to CRUSH them to set the tone for the rest of our year and send a message to the other teams in our division that its ours now!

I didn't realize how many DL/LB they lost including Hill's suspension. I wouldn't be surprised if the Gore rushes for another 200yds against them.

What worries me is the "new coach" optimism which can be a big boost for the first game.

We NEED to CRUSH them to set the tone for the rest of our year and send a message to the other teams in our division that its ours now!

They need to beat them to prove to themselves the the division is theirs. Especially in Seattle where the niners dropped the ball last year in that lose.
Originally posted by lamontb:

They need to beat them to prove to themselves the the division is theirs. Especially in Seattle where the niners dropped the ball last year in that lose.

I completely agree, changing our mentality is just as, if not more, important to becoming a "winner".

GO NINERS
Share 49ersWebzone