There are 259 users in the forums

Crazy Respect

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
And this is when this post became not worthy of readying..

Niners (Nate Clements, Shawntae Spencer, Tarell Brown, Karl Paymah) - Right now the Niners have the best corners in the NFC West and the fans know it. Clements is one of the best corners in the game, and is near flawless in coverage. Shawntae Spencer did a number on Larry Fitzgerald last year and is probably the only CB that knows Fitzgerald’s tendencies well enough to counter them, because of their time in Pittsburgh. If one word can desribe this secondary it’s CONSISTENCY and it shows.

Consider the source. The OP is by a AZ fan. When the Niners play his team, Nate and Spencer turn into Revis. I'd give him a pass.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
And this is when this post became not worthy of readying..

Niners (Nate Clements, Shawntae Spencer, Tarell Brown, Karl Paymah) - Right now the Niners have the best corners in the NFC West and the fans know it. Clements is one of the best corners in the game, and is near flawless in coverage. Shawntae Spencer did a number on Larry Fitzgerald last year and is probably the only CB that knows Fitzgerald’s tendencies well enough to counter them, because of their time in Pittsburgh. If one word can desribe this secondary it’s CONSISTENCY and it shows.

Consider the source. The OP is by a AZ fan. When the Niners play his team, Nate and Spencer turn into Revis. I'd give him a pass.

I think we have great corners too, The Line needs to pressure the Qb more often.
seachickens linebacking core better than sf?
Originally posted by Ninersdeep:

Absolutely! Don't you know that Tutupu (sp?) > Willis??

Everywhere I see kudos already to a coach who hasn't done jack with his team on the field yet. Carroll is going to take a depleated talent team with rooks and old farts and make them into division winners? Are they or anyone serioius?

Way to much optimism and he's way overrated. Given Carroll's history in the NFL, how his college players talk about him, and the current make up of that team with a rook as their starting LT as one example, I don't even see them getting six wins based on their schedule.

Ha! Simply the addition of Carroll will drive this team beyond its capacity?

[ Edited by ninertico on Jul 20, 2010 at 9:44 AM ]
I think it was a relatively fair account of the division. However, I would put AZ CBs better than us. But overall, this just drives home the fact that we are the team to beat!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Hahaha per usual, the majority of the Seahawks fans in that thread think the Seahawks will finish first in the division.

Seriously wouldn't count the Seahawks out that's for sure. Hasselbeck on his worst year threw for 3,000 and 17/TD 17/INT. They could shock the league just as much as we're favored to win the West.

I wouldn't count the Seahawks out as potential spoilers, but I doubt it. Teams with first-year coaches have rarely been successful right off the gate. In recent years I only know of the Saints being able to get to the playoffs under Sean Payton, but that was just a fluke as the Saints went back to mediocrity for several years before getting lucky again (with a mediocre defense that somehow got a lot of balls rolling its way - see the playoff game against the Vikings as the exhibit A.)
Quote:
CB
1. Niners (Nate Clements, Shawntae Spencer, Tarell Brown, Karl Paymah) - Right now the Niners have the best corners in the NFC West and the fans know it. Clements is one of the best corners in the game, and is near flawless in coverage. Shawntae Spencer did a number on Larry Fitzgerald last year and is probably the only CB that knows Fitzgerald’s tendencies well enough to counter them, because of their time in Pittsburgh. If one word can desribe this secondary it’s CONSISTENCY and it shows.

lol wow. thats hilarious...Clements i DONE. has been for a couple years now imo. it was a generous assessment of the division for the Niners, but this kind of proves this guy hasnt been paying too much attention, thus dulling the rest of his opinions. i dont think anyone who watched the Niners last year would say Nate Clements is still a great CB with "near flawless" coverage.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Ninersdeep:

Absolutely! Don't you know that Tutupu (sp?) > Willis??

yeah when i saw that i almost fell out my chair laughing. seahawk fans are suuuuuper homers
reading these comments division rivals are giving us more respect than our own fans latly i been reading alot negativity coming from 49ers fans and to me reading that post has alot more plus points for 9ers than negativity in that post

Originally posted by crazzyscotsman:
reading these comments division rivals are giving us more respect than our own fans latly i been reading alot negativity coming from 49ers fans and to me reading that post has alot more plus points for 9ers than negativity in that post

This. That was the whole point of this thread.
Share 49ersWebzone