LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

ESPN: Knocking on the Pro Bowl Door

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Link Here...

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers WR Michael Crabtree: The NFC wide receiver race had the biggest turnover last season. Four first-time Pro Bowlers made it -- Miles Austin of the Cowboys, DeSean Jackson of the Eagles, Sidney Rice of the Vikings and Steve Smith of the Giants. Crabtree is the next NFC receiver ready to break out. Crabtree held out into the regular season last year and had to learn the offense and sync up with Alex Smith as the season progressed. Despite those obstacles, he caught 48 passes in 11 games. All Smith has to do is get Crabtree five or six completions a game to put him in the Pro Bowl mix.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If he makes the Pro Bowl....cool. But I just want to see a 1,000 yard receiver already!!!
  • hps49
  • Veteran
Crabtree WILL make the Pro-Bowl. Guaranteed!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If he makes the Pro Bowl....cool. But I just want to see a 1,000 yard receiver already!!!

exactly. 1k will lead him to hawaii
i think Alex, Crabs, VD and Gore make it this year on offense. i have a feeling its gonna be like the 90s where pretty much the whole tream was in the probowl
  • cgida
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i think Alex, Crabs, VD and Gore make it this year on offense. i have a feeling its gonna be like the 90s where pretty much the whole tream was in the probowl

Although I would love to buy into what you are saying. I still have a hard time comparing what we have (which the jury is still out on) and our teams in the 90's. I love the role Alex has stepped into but I am mostly hesitant because even if Alex has a superb year, I worry more about Jimmy's play calling and I feel that is really going to be our achiles heel this year. But I like your optimism.

One can only hope. I sense there will be an increase in suicides if Smith makes the Pro Bowl as anything more than an Alternate.

I can think of 5 people here that we should definitely keep an eye on if that happens. Would hate for them to do anything to hurt theyselves.

I think that Gore finally gets back to the Pro Bowl this year.

~Ceadder
We should wait until at least mid-season to crown our pro-bowlers, the only lock this year is Andy Lee, our players have to work and succeed this year before we go ahead predicting 1st team pro-bowlers. After all, Gore could get hurt or finally realize his 2k potential, Crabs can come out and kick @ss, or he can suffer from sophomore lazyness. Anyway, ESPN is just grasping for straws, it's the worst month of the year for football.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
If the offense is successful, it will be hard for Lee to get to the Pro Bowl. Easier to get those booming punts when you are routinely kicking from your 30 yard line. Punting from the 50 is a lot harder.
Originally posted by AmbulanceDriver:
We should wait until at least mid-season to crown our pro-bowlers, the only lock this year is Andy Lee, our players have to work and succeed this year before we go ahead predicting 1st team pro-bowlers. After all, Gore could get hurt or finally realize his 2k potential, Crabs can come out and kick @ss, or he can suffer from sophomore lazyness. Anyway, ESPN is just grasping for straws, it's the worst month of the year for football.

Patrick Willis = Lock
Crabtree already had Rookie Lazyness, so maybe he misses that whole career arc.

I'd say that guys to make the Pro Bowl are Lee, Willis, Davis, and Gore (with Gore edging out Michael Turner for the last RB spot (AP and SJax)).
[ Edited by guillotine31 on Jul 16, 2010 at 9:51 AM ]

ANDY LEE = BEAST

Where can I get his jersey?
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

One can only hope. I sense there will be an increase in suicides if Smith makes the Pro Bowl as anything more than an Alternate.

I can think of 5 people here that we should definitely keep an eye on if that happens. Would hate for them to do anything to hurt theyselves.

I think that Gore finally gets back to the Pro Bowl this year.

~Ceadder

yea I hope gore gets back too he hasn't been there since 2009.
Carbtee cannot make da probowel bCuz Alix cant thro da balz 2 heem. no wai!!1!
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Carbtee cannot make da probowel bCuz Alix cant thro da balz 2 heem. no wai!!1!

Back in your cage!
Originally posted by cgida:

Although I would love to buy into what you are saying. I still have a hard time comparing what we have (which the jury is still out on) and our teams in the 90's. I love the role Alex has stepped into but I am mostly hesitant because even if Alex has a superb year, I worry more about Jimmy's play calling and I feel that is really going to be our achiles heel this year. But I like your optimism.

i actually think we resemble the 90s cowboys because we will run the rock a little more but alex has shown that he can throw the ball last year, im not worried about rayes playcalling. last year when alex got in he opened it up and let the man do his job but he did only have a few weeks midseason to switch it up so he was limited to what he could do. with an entire offseason knowing that smith will be the unquestioned starter and crabtree, VD and the whole receiving crew getting their timing down with alex im expecting fireworks this year. i cant wait. i have a huge amount of confidence in smith and the rest of our offense and the dude is gonna show why so many of us on here believed in him all these years. to victory!!! were gonna crush the haters under franks cleats
Share 49ersWebzone