LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 302 users in the forums

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES VS. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 5)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Bad coaching, bad QB, bad turnovers, bad luck, bad season.

No one has ever started 0-5 and made the playoffs. Time to start looking at free agency and the upcoming draft. Decide who sticks and who goes. This is a debacle and heads should roll. Not going to give this team anymore of my attention.

Bad coaching, bad QB, bad turnovers, bad luck, bad season.

No one has ever started 0-5 and made the playoffs. Time to start looking at free agency and the upcoming draft. Decide who sticks and who goes. This is a debacle and heads should roll. Not going to give this team anymore of my attention.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Post Game thoughts:

I think the team should release Alex Smith on Monday, or as soon as possible.
What this game showed meis that the relationship with the fans is beyond repair. It is beyond reason and logic. He will not be the starting QB for this team next ear, and the season is pretty much over at this point.

I also really think that the coaching staff should quietly start looking for a new coach. Firing Sing now is pointless, but I think that a full change is needed.

Smith is a better man than those fans, but he is not the man for the 49ers or possibly even has the proper makeup to be an NFL QB. Good luck to him.

Tough loss, It as one of the most horrible inspiring, disgusting things I have seen in sports.

If your logic was correct then we should cut Gore first b/c he has done nothing all year

Firing sing now is pointless but cutting alex smith isn't? lol ok. I don't like Alex but the only logic behind cutting him would be to elevate Nate Davis. Which also seems pointless since he wouldn't see the field.

dtcomposer= flawed logic
Originally posted by greywolf447:
Time to pack it in and call it a season! We are playing for a draft pick from here on out.

And we all know how our #1 picks turn out...
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

alex smith jersey burned

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Time to pack it in and call it a season! We are playing for a draft pick from here on out.

Luck will be much better.
  • jimih
  • Veteran
fire sing. fire sing. fire sing. fire sing. fire sing. fire sing. fire sing. fire sing. fire sing.
fire sing. fire sing. fire sing. fire sing. fire sing. fire sing. fire sing. fire sing. fire sing.
Dont care that if theres noone to take over. Let the players coach themselves - cant do worse can they? He is gone at the end of the season anyway - start coach search now. Gruden, Cowher, harbaugh etc. Singletary has the deer in the headlights look that nolan used to have - he has to go he has lost the team.
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by jrg:

alex smith jersey burned

Originally posted by darkknight49:

I would take Mallett as well
The sad part is the organization and coaches had multiple opportunities to bring in a backup plan to Smith. Vick, Mcnabb just to name two. Why we put allll our chips in a single basket is beyond me.

With that being said, Smith is an average QB. He had his good and bad sides. The rest of the team makes as many mistakes as he does so i blame it on the coaching staff. Too much of an emphasis on "hit em in the mouth" and too little emphasis on intelligent mistake free football.

Cower 2011.

Originally posted by theginz2004:
Originally posted by darkknight49:

I would take Mallett as well

How well have we done with Round #1 draft status???
i cant cheer up everyone with this, but......

GIANTS WIN! up 2 games to 1, lets finish ATL and bring on Philly!

What's up with Takeo saying the niners can't turn it around?

"absolutely not"
any post game links??? love to hear the excuses again...
Originally posted by FourNine49:
What's up with Takeo saying the niners can't turn it around?

"absolutely not"

They can't...no management, no coaching, no QB, no defense...he's right!
Share 49ersWebzone