LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 133 users in the forums

The "I need football" Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • JD81
  • Veteran
With training camp and the season so close, I know everyone is going crazy with anticipation.

You can only watch youtube highlights and last years' game torrents so many times before you can't help but want more. I've been sitting here listening to and downloading the various NFL themes (NBC, FOX, ESPN, CBS, etc) and getting so hyped for the season....

So I figured we could have a thread where we vent our frustrations and excitement. Talk about things you do to get you hyped for the season, or talk about how you're pissed that the preseason is too damn long because you can't wait to see redemption Week 1 at Seattle.

If any of you are in the same boat, check these out and tell me you don't get goosebumps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7e7Dz3MFq4&playnext_from=TL&videos=DGLcW4uQnN0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20v9Enadnq0&playnext_from=TL&videos=y5yyvCwVUlY

All I gotta say is DAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marissa Miller feels our pain waiting for the season to start.
cant freakin wait, as much as i love training camp, that and preseason scare the s**t out of me because of the season ending injury that may pop up!
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mryan1004:
cant freakin wait, as much as i love training camp, that and preseason scare the s**t out of me because of the season ending injury that may pop up!

Wow.....Go knock on wood or BAN!!!!!

jk lol. But seriously, do it.
I feel your pain JD, I was thinking the other night, how we are 2 months away, and then thought man 2 months is a while.

But im hoping for it to go quick. And we have Niner football back in no time.
i'm in that terrible void where basketball season ended and football season is upcoming
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
i'm in that terrible void where basketball season ended and football season is upcoming

Co-Sign....But Summer League for the Kings starts tomorrow so I'll be "ok" lol.

I NOW FOOTBALL WANT!!!!
Hate this time of year dude. I've resorted to watching CFL ball and worse yet,I'm enjoying it

I'd flip the baseball game on but I'll only wake up in a couple hours with an NFL boner. Might have to beg the ex to take me back for a couple months

P.S. Golf is no substitute. What a waste of F'n $ that was.
We're in the final stretch before football... come on end of July!! At least we'll have a bunch of stuff to read and talk about! Less than 20 days!!

I just want to watch a football game, I hate that the cowboys are in the hall of fame game.
You know you are jonesing for some real football when you are flipping channels between the World Cup final and the NFL Network week 16 replay all day. Bring it on!
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:

Marissa Miller feels our pain waiting for the season to start.

This
It is about time for some football. 1- I can make 49er home games this year. 2. My fiancé is a 49 er fan. 3. Most of my friends here are 9er fans! So yes I am excited about this year!
[ Edited by fister30 on Jul 11, 2010 at 8:15 PM ]
  • PaulW
  • Veteran
I recorded the Hard Knocks marathon that was on NFL Network on 4th of July and have been watching that this week. It's not 49ers related and certainly not as good as regular season footbal but it's something. I'd like to see a 49ers hard knocks some day.
Share 49ersWebzone