LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 341 users in the forums

In Your Opinion, Who is the 49ers Most Hated Division Rival?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

In Your Opinion, Who is the 49ers Most Hated Division Rival?

Historically, its not even close. The niners have been playing the Rams for 60 years and met over 120 times. In 2008 Sports Illustrated named it the #8 NFL rivalry of all-time. Roger Craig on the rivalry, "the Rams will always be the 49ers' biggest rival. It doesn't matter if they no longer play in Los Angeles. If the Rams played their home games on Mars, it would still be a rivalry."

Of course in recent years the Cardinals have been the more formidable team. And the NFL has basically done everything they can to shove that down our throats and turn that into a "rivalry."
b***h ass Cards right now
Shehawks
It has to be the Cardinals. Nothing pleased me more last season than humiliating them in front of a national prime-time audience on MNF.

-9fA
Rams... Particularly since they were in SoCal for awhile
I personally hate them all equally.

But historically it's the Rams.
If you're just looking at the here and now then probably the Cards.

But true rivalries are about much more than the here and now. They are about history. They are about decades of contempt. They are about having any game between the two teams mean something no matter how good either team is at the time.

The only division rival we have a historical rivalry with is the Rams. But it's a funny rivalry because it tends to be very one sided. They will beat us repeatedly for years, then we'll beat them repeatedly for years. Sometimes the rivalry seems less significant because of how one sided it can be. But as someone who has witnessed a few of these cycles, they are the team I think of when I think division rival.

I think some other factors in that is that all through my childhood there was the SF LA rivalry with it. And then when we realigned the divisions they were the only team that stayed.

I feel like I need to hate the Cards and Seahawks for another decade or so before that hate is in the same league as my Rams hate.
Cardinals because they were on top of the division and seem the team we have to knck of to take over as the best in the division.
Seab***hes....we slap arizona on a regular basis but we struggle up north with seattle
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
i used to hate the rams, but now i just feel bad. like, they used to be the bully on the playground, but then they got into a horrible car accident and lost half their brain and now they are retarded and drooling in a wheel chair. i feel bad hating them. haha. so now i hate the cards. mainly because a lot of the players are tools- dockett being the biggest.

LMFAO! Word up

Our longest rival is with the Rams. I would say Seattle since we have a loosing record against them since they came to the West.
Wow a lot of young bucks voted in this.

Here's the back story and see if this don't change y'alls minds.

Arizona and Seattle were REALIGNED into our Division.

Before then there were 3 other teams in our Division.

The Rams(never left our Division) have pretty much been in our Division since they were introduced to the NFL.

The Falcons

The Saints

Now I don't know about anyone else here but of those teams the team to have the most success against us has been the RAMS. In fact their W-L percentage against us us nearly identical to ours against them.

The Falcons and Saints followed along sucking hind teat. But don't count them out they've had flashes. One reason why Atlanta going to the Super Bowl while still in our Division was pretty painful and why when Reggie Bush held his coming out party against us was too.

Sheattle and Arizona are relatively new to the mix. So while I will always hate a Division opponent, the SOSARS are THE #1 most hated Division Rival. I accept no substitutes in this regard.

If we're talking Conference then it's Dullass.

League? Split between Dullass and Raitards.

Division though, if we have a worse record than the Rams I be sad.

~Ceadder
Whoever's the most legit threat to keep us from the title. Right now it's the Cards without question. The Rams are historically the hated rival, but they're in St. Louis now and it's hard to work up a lather . . . if they improve and become a legit threat it will be easier to hate them again like back in the Vermeil/Martz days.

Back in the day I hated all of our rivals because we had a target on our back every year and they all usually played us tough . . . espcially the Saints when they had Hebert and that wicked LB corp of Jackson/Mills/Johnson/Swilling. They were always a tough game in the late 80's / early 90's.
I hate the Cardinals so much. I pick them
Have to go with the Rams. 60 years of bad blood from Deacon Jones taking cheap shots on Brodie to watching the Rams Jim Everett taking a sack in the NFC championship game with no one around him for 5 yards. Putting up with there greatest show on turf and trash talking. Love that they are the worst in the NFL and for now we get kick the sh*t out of them every year.
Share 49ersWebzone