LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Joe Montana Santa Clara Real Estate Deal?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Check out the article "Joe Montana Finds Empty Nest In San Francisco" by Sam Whiting, S.F. Chronicle staff writer July 06, 2010. Something about a property group contacting Joe Montana, "somebody knows something". I believe it may be about a property deal in or around Santa Clara.
[ Edited by strinersniners on Jul 10, 2010 at 10:04 AM ]
Could it possibly have anything to do with purchasing Great America?
weird
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for pelos21.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Originally posted by strinersniners:
Check out the article "Joe Montana Finds Empty Nest In San Francisco" by Sam Whiting, S.F. Chronicle staff writer July 06, 2010. Something about a property group contacting Joe Montana, "somebody knows something". I believe it may be about a property deal in or around Santa Clara.

are you serious he bought a flat in sf now ya saying hes gonna build in santa clara mayby he just bought a flat he made pretty clear in artical he has no intrest in 49ers he moved to sf as a base between his kids schools
Originally posted by crazzyscotsman:

are you serious he bought a flat in sf now ya saying hes gonna build in santa clara mayby he just bought a flat he made pretty clear in artical he has no intrest in 49ers he moved to sf as a base between his kids schools

Montana seems to hate the 49ers. He has pulled no shows at multiple team functions he was asked to attend. I cant blame him for being bitter though. 4 superbowl rings and you should be untouchable. Not pushed aside for a younger player.
Originally posted by Dominate:

Montana seems to hate the 49ers. He has pulled no shows at multiple team functions he was asked to attend. I cant blame him for being bitter though. 4 superbowl rings and you should be untouchable. Not pushed aside for a Young player.

fixed

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

Montana seems to hate the 49ers. He has pulled no shows at multiple team functions he was asked to attend. I cant blame him for being bitter though. 4 superbowl rings and you should be untouchable. Not pushed aside for a Young player.

fixed

I should have thought of that

Montana seems to hate the 49ers. He has pulled no shows at multiple team functions he was asked to attend. I cant blame him for being bitter though. 4 superbowl rings and you should be untouchable. Not pushed aside for a younger player.

He just needs to leave the past in the past. I think it sucks that they feud like that. I vaguely remember him in the 89 Bowch and I saw more of Young when I started watching them play. That's why I like Young more.
Originally posted by pelos21:

He just needs to leave the past in the past. I think it sucks that they feud like that. I vaguely remember him in the 89 Bowch and I saw more of Young when I started watching them play. That's why I like Young more.

That attitude is partly what made Joe great. You gotta take the good with the bad, Joe loved being the man and it paid off for the team in crunch time. And Young was kinda the same way of competitively demanding to be the man.

Difference between them is timing, I think its tougher to be shoved aside then having to wait.

Joe does a lot of real estate deals throughout CA, and because of his name I'm sure some speculators are contacting him.
Will part of the deal be to bring the San Francisco Bay Area A's to Santa Clara? Will Joe Montana be one of the investors for this possible deal? Will Great America be bull dozed down to accomodate a new baseball stadium,along with parking?

It was a little more copmplicated than that. Montana couldn't play in 91 and wasn't ready till the end of 92. Virtually two full seasons. Young was the MVP in 92. Joe was 35 and Steve was 30 (with not much wear and tear.)

Under those circumstances Montana was not untouchable. I think his beef is that Niners were not going to let him compete for the #1 job in 93. It was an untenable situation and as hard as the decision was for fans (my dad wore a Chiefs cap for two years) it was the right move.
Share 49ersWebzone