There are 221 users in the forums

Do the 49ers have the best LB corps in the NFL

Shop Find 49ers gear online
NFL network analyst Charles Davis thinks we might.

They listed the steelers,ravens,cowboys,and 49ERS!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Not the best, but definitely in the top 10. If we didn't have Willis, I'd say 11-15. Spikes I think is a pretty good Ted, few out there are better.
Originally posted by Snider8706:

i believe we have a top 5 LB core, and a top 10 Defense.

Believe it or not, but our front 7 might be our strength finally.

We have a all pro ILB(Willis), solid Pass Rushers at OLB(Haralson, Lawson and Brooks), great mentor at the other ILB Spot(Spikes), Justin Smith is IMO one of no the best 3-4 DE in the game.

Then Franklin is a top notch NT, just need to iron out a new DE opposite Smith, maybe in the draft or FA.

The secondary is also solid, not great, but not terrible.

Nate, Spencer, Lewis, Goldson and Brown are all solid, Mays is an unknown. While im scared by depth.

is William James and/or Karl Paymah really the answer over Bly or Harris. Or how about Reggie Smith, Taylor, etc...
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

They seem to think so.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Not the best, but definitely in the top 10. If we didn't have Willis, I'd say 11-15. Spikes I think is a pretty good Ted, few out there are better.

nope. top 5
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Great pic stoney, i'd say
Pitt
49ers...with brooks i would give the edge to the niners though b/c farrior isn't good anymore
Bal
top 3 and i can't believe dal was even considered in the top 5 let alone top 10. they have ware and nobody else. wow.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

We have a all pro ILB(Willis), solid Pass Rushers at OLB(Haralson, Lawson and Brooks), great mentor at the other ILB Spot(Spikes), Justin Smith is IMO one of no the best 3-4 DE in the game.

Then Franklin is a top notch NT, just need to iron out a new DE opposite Smith, maybe
in the draft or FA.

The secondary is also solid, not great, but not
terrible.

Nate, Spencer, Lewis, Goldson and Brown are all
solid, Mays is an unknown. While im scared by
depth.

is William James and/or Karl Paymah really the
answer over Bly or Harris. Or how about Reggie
Smith, Taylor, etc...

Just one point. Are Haralson and Lawson really solid pass rushers? Brooks, hopefully.
Originally posted by English:

Then Franklin is a top notch NT, just need to iron out a new DE opposite Smith, maybe
in the draft or FA.

terrible.

depth.

Smith, Taylor, etc...

Just one point. Are Haralson and Lawson really solid pass rushers? Brooks, hopefully.

No, I wouldn't say so. I feel that the vast majority of sack numbers are as a result of Manusky's schemes.

-9fA

all teams that play the 3-4

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by English:

in the draft or FA.

terrible.

depth.

Smith, Taylor, etc...

No, I wouldn't say so. I feel that the vast majority of sack numbers are as a result of Manusky's schemes.

-9fA

I agree. We don't really have a dominant pass rusher although we all expect Brooks to fill that role this year. If we have one solid sack artist, that would do wonders. Most teams have just one and scheme for the rest of the sacks (like the Cowboys with Ware).

Manusky is a great DC and hopefully we keep him for the foreseeable future.

As for our front 7 being a strength...it was our MAIN strength last year.
I think we will next year. I think we don't have the best now for the simple fact that our lbs need to play up to everyone's expectations and do so consistently. Bowman will be phenomenal once he gets into his comfort zone. Mckillop needs to get adjusted too but will most likely fall to the third option. Wilhelm is ready to roll (we all saw what he can do) and we have laboy and brooks who made a name for himself on stash, while haralson remains a question mark. After this year we'll have a good idea of what each guy has to offer in this unit. A unit full of guys eager to prove themselves under mike's watch and guidance in his specialty should have great results.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
We need more pass rush from the outside to be considered top 5
One of the best, for you guys whining about sacks from the edge, we were in the top three in sacks last year. Having one guy that gets all the sacks is overrated, it is better to not let the opponent know where it is coming from, much harder to defend against.
Originally posted by GORO:
We need more pass rush from the outside to be considered top 5
Share 49ersWebzone