LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

Frank Gore Vs. Steven Jackson (Highlights)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Frank Gore Vs. Steven Jackson (Highlights)

2009-GORE-13 TDs----JACKSON-4 TDs. You do the math.
Jackson is the best running back in the league... seriously... i like Frank Gore but jackson does more on a s**tty team and if both were given the same line S-Jax would own gore. Its true. If you think Gore is better your just a homer.
Originally posted by Faceless:
Jackson is the best running back in the league... seriously... i like Frank Gore but jackson does more on a s**tty team and if both were given the same line S-Jax would own gore. Its true. If you think Gore is better your just a homer.

you know for you to call people a homer is hilarious considering u got 60 some post. Don't let my post fool ya i got more I jus can't remember my password. EVen Darnell docket said frank gore is the toughest runninback to tackle. And he also plays against Steven Jackson twice a year. If Jackson can stay on the field instead of being injured.
Pound for pound, Gore runs away with it! If Jackson ran the way he does with Gores frame he would get injured every year and wouldn't even be in this conversation.

Gore slithers underneathe D-lines, can (also) break tackles, has more speed, plays injured and gets better every quarter/every year.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
By the way, the fact that some of you are fighting so hard for Steven Jackson is sickening. I can imagine going against your own player when the other player in question is undoubtedly better, but that is far from the case here. Gore was the better RB last year, which, until 2010 plays out, is the ONLY year that matters. There is no legitimate excuse for Jackson, as our O-Line was worse at run blocking. Just because he was the Rams' only threat is not an excuse, either. Gore was put on the backburner when we moved to that spread offense (I don't care what Raye wants to call it) less than halfway into the season. The fact that Crabtree and VD emerged as threats shouldn't take away from what Gore is and add to what Jackson is.

I'd take Gore over Jackson any day. That's not being a homer, either. Being a homer would be along the lines of saying you'd take Gore over Chris Johnson or Adrian Peterson (though I do believe Peterson's superb line is highly responsible for his success, his open field ability is undeniable). Johnson joined an elite club in his first year as the full-time starter and Peterson was the best back in the league before that. But Jackson? He is not endeniably better than Gore, and I will agree Gore is not undeniably better than him. It is close. But when it's close and your own player has a strong argument, it makes me sick to see fans go against their own guy. Dispicable.

you are an angry person
Jackson's a big ass dude.

Frank has the lower body strength though.

Compare Franks tank legs to Coffees', and there's no comparison.

Frank can block, and catch better. Frankie can do it all a little bit better than Jackson, who is no slouch.
Share 49ersWebzone