LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Frank Gore Vs. Steven Jackson (Highlights)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Frank Gore Vs. Steven Jackson (Highlights)

Here are each players highlights for the the 2009 - 2010 season. Please try not to be a homer when voting.

Jackson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfFOhaC4B3U&feature=PlayList&p=6707133B22FB1D6F&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=24 (Warning: The background track has a lot of swearing, but I couldn't find anything else)

Gore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqu3OrVOuWk

Not trying to be a homer, but in my opinion, it's not even close.

P.S. If you can find better highlights, please post!

You really want a honest vote? Post this on the Seahawks message board, since they have no RB, and see which one they prefer.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

steven jackson has no break away speed and cant outrun safetys like gore.
steven jackson runs standing straight up.
steven jackson beats women.
steven jackson gets 40 carries per game and still sucks.

frank gore runs behind a awful line and still gets yardage.
frank gore cannot be tackled.
frank gore has more speed than jackson.
frank gore is a top 3 rb.
FRANK GORE WILL BE THE NFL RUSHING LEADER IN 10!!

And there was no steven jackson highlight vs. the niners because our D owned him and he was nervous about playing in front of his idol FRANK GORE!!!
Watching these videos I can't help but say that Gore looks so much quicker and more elusive. Steven Jackson looks good but does not look anywhere near as fast as Gore. Also, Gore breaks through where Jackson runs people over. Two completely different styles of running. Really you can't compare these two guy's. Maybe compare Jackson more to a guy like Adrian Peterson who is bigger and Gore more to a guy like B. Sanders or other elusive, smaller back. Really they are both great Backs but completely different. I like watching Gore better though as he is so much more crafty.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
You really want a honest vote? Post this on the Seahawks message board, since they have no RB, and see which one they prefer.

theres plenty of reasons they would vote for him instead of gore including but not limited to

1.gore's ownage of the hawks defense.
2.willis breaking hasslebacks back.
3.the niners undeniable division crown in 10'
Jackson is a very violent runner, but thats not the name of the game.

Gore probably has the best vision in the NFL.

I actually feel bad, because I can't believe that is the best "highlight video" Jackson has to offer, but it's all I can find.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jul 8, 2010 at 3:58 PM ]
All Steven Jackson's highlights are of him giving stiff arms or running over people. Gore is straight juking and leaving defenders puking. Look at all those sick ass TD runs. All Jacksons TDs are goaline snooze dives. Gore can punch it in, but he can also hit the home run by making people miss AND breaking tackles

GORE hands down. The video proves it.
Originally posted by brhokla:
Two completely different styles of running. Really you can't compare these two guy's.

Give me a break. They play the same position. That alone means they are comparable. Just because one is a power runner (actually, they both are, but Gore also has elusiveness) and one is more dynamic doesn't mean they shouldn't be compared. Gore is better at picking up blitzes and other blocks, though Jackson is very good at blocking as well - he just doesn't pick them up as well as Gore does. Gore also has better hands and is more of a threat out of the backfield despite the one year Jackson caught 90 passes for 800 yards. As a runner, Gore is more of a homerun threat - actually, he's more of a threat, period. They both have great vision and hit the holes quickly and with authority, but Gore being able to shed tackles AND elude others makes him the better runner. And don't give me that nonsense about Jackson being on the worst team in the league because the O-Line is what springs these runs and ours was worse than any other in the league last year.

Steven Jackson had 95 more carries than Gore last season, yet only put up 296 more yards. Frank Gore averaged 4.9 yards-per-carry last season. If you give Gore the same amount of carries as Jackson, he puts up 1,585 yards, which is 169 yards more than Jackson managed. Furthermore, Gore averaged a TD every 22.9 carries, meaning given 95 extra carries, he'd have 4 more TDs, giving him 14 compared to the 4 that Jackson mustered.

Gore outplayed Jackson last year. There are no excuses because our line was awful last season, so Jackson gets no pass. In 07 and 08, they were similar. In 2006 Gore was better than Jackson. There hasn't been a single year since Gore became the starter that Jackson outdid him.

Gore >>>> Jackson
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

theres plenty of reasons they would vote for him instead of gore including but not limited to

1.gore's ownage of the hawks defense.
2.willis breaking hasslebacks back.
3.the niners undeniable division crown in 10'

Most of the Seahawks fans I know hate on Gore every chance they get because of the embarrassing beatings he's put on their team's defenses over the years.

I have to admit, this was kind of fun. Who's next? Willis vs. ......ah nevermind.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jul 8, 2010 at 8:28 PM ]
  • treetrunks
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by brhokla:
Two completely different styles of running. Really you can't compare these two guy's.

Give me a break. They play the same position. That alone means they are comparable. Just because one is a power runner (actually, they both are, but Gore also has elusiveness) and one is more dynamic doesn't mean they shouldn't be compared. Gore is better at picking up blitzes and other blocks, though Jackson is very good at blocking as well - he just doesn't pick them up as well as Gore does. Gore also has better hands and is more of a threat out of the backfield despite the one year Jackson caught 90 passes for 800 yards. As a runner, Gore is more of a homerun threat - actually, he's more of a threat, period. They both have great vision and hit the holes quickly and with authority, but Gore being able to shed tackles AND elude others makes him the better runner. And don't give me that nonsense about Jackson being on the worst team in the league because the O-Line is what springs these runs and ours was worse than any other in the league last year.

Steven Jackson had 95 more carries than Gore last season, yet only put up 296 more yards. Frank Gore averaged 4.9 yards-per-carry last season. If you give Gore the same amount of carries as Jackson, he puts up 1,585 yards, which is 169 yards more than Jackson managed. Furthermore, Gore averaged a TD every 22.9 carries, meaning given 95 extra carries, he'd have 4 more TDs, giving him 14 compared to the 4 that Jackson mustered.

Gore outplayed Jackson last year. There are no excuses because our line was awful last season, so Jackson gets no pass. In 07 and 08, they were similar. In 2006 Gore was better than Jackson. There hasn't been a single year since Gore became the starter that Jackson outdid him.

Gore >>>> Jackson

This. I really like Steve Jackson. He's an ORST product, so I don't hate on him just because he plays for the Rams but Gore is the better back hands down.
It's 2006 all over again.
huh?
[ Edited by NinerGod on Jul 8, 2010 at 9:42 PM ]
is this a troll or football thread?
Share 49ersWebzone