There are 213 users in the forums

If A. Smith Can Cut His Int's By Half This Season, How Many Games Do We Win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If A. Smith Can Cut His Int's By Half This Season, How Many Games Do We Win?

[ Edited by stevenking57 on Jul 7, 2010 at 12:34 PM ]
We will go 10-6. Mark my words
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
We will go 10-6. Mark my words
Half of 12 Ints or half of 19 Ints.

Because his projected total for the full year would be 19 Ints. So if he could have 10 or fewer Ints while maintaining the TDs (which would be 29) then I think the Niners would be:

11-5, Division Champs, 2nd round of playoffs
im gotta put my head on brick and say we will be 13-3 and in that we will be saints
none of the INT's in smith's career were his fault. What are you talking about?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

I agree, Manny Lawson was on coverage and Vernon Davis was not getting a good pass rush, leaving Smith to have to scramble so much.
16-0
If Smith has a ratio of 3 touchdowns to 1 interception, then the 49ers win 11 or 12 games..
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
If Smith has a ratio of 3 touchdowns to 1 interception, then the 49ers win 11 or 12 games..

3 to 1 ratio is a bit much to expect, if he keeps it at 2:1 ratio the team should be in pretty good shape, what alex really needs to do is stay away from the 3 int games, he seems to be good for 2 or 3 games a season like that

If Alex has fewer INT's... might result in another win... so 9-7. The real question is whether Davis and Iupati can upgrade the OL. If these rookies can improve the line and allow significantly fewer sacks, we will go 11-5.
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

I agree, Manny Lawson was on coverage and Vernon Davis was not getting a good pass rush, leaving Smith to have to scramble so much.

they need jennings to do better in the run game too
[ Edited by Allx9er on Jul 7, 2010 at 2:18 PM ]
I'm sticking with my preseason prediction of 13-3. Think 2001 Bears. 2006 Ravens. 2008 Titans. Teams that struck suddenly, coming off of lame years, making an impact in the NFL...but not ready for the big time yet.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Half of 12 Ints or half of 19 Ints.

Because his projected total for the full year would be 19 Ints. So if he could have 10 or fewer Ints while maintaining the TDs (which would be 29) then I think the Niners would be:

11-5, Division Champs, 2nd round of playoffs

If Smith throws 29 TDs and keeps his picks under 10, playoffs for sure. Too bad that will never happen. No way he can throw that many TDs and keep the INTs that low. With a fairly young group of WRs and stone hands VD, there's no way. Guys will read the D wrong and zig when they should've zag. Or VD will let the ball glance off his hands into the waiting arms of a defender.

Not to mention that Smith isn't the most accurate guy around.

If Smith throws 29 to 30 TDs, we will see AT LEAST 15 picks. But that's OK, IMO. That is still a good ratio, especially for him.

If the Niners throw the ball around that much, it can only mean 1 of 2 things. Either the team was behind ALOT and Raye was forced to call more passes. OR Raye has finally accepted the FACT that you can't win now days with that god awful 1930s offensive style.
a million.
Share 49ersWebzone