LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Charles Davis Top 5 TEs on NFL Network

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Charles Davis breaks down his "Best in the Biz" for tight ends in the league today.

1. Tony Gonzalez
2. Antonio Gates
3. Jason Witten
4. Dallas Clark
5. Jermichael Finely*
Vernon Davis*

* Tied
Sorry no link. I'm watching it right now.
Charles Davis is a dumbass
Although we're all probably going to be homers on this one, I honestly think VD should be at least top 3. VD blew up last year, so if he has another few years(or more) like he had last year, he'll definitely be number one soon.

Some of those other guys like Gonzales and Gates have had consistent productivity over the past years.
[ Edited by bigmike55 on Jul 6, 2010 at 7:46 PM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
1. Antonio Gates
2. Jason Witten
3. Vernon Davis
4. Tony Gonzales
5. Dallas Clark

If vernon does a repeat then he is number one...
i just watched it too...cant really argue with the guys ahead of him but i dont understand how he is not separated from finley...and i just keep waiting for Gonzalez to fade and he just keeps producing
Gonzalez and Gates are slippin while Vernon is on the rise, but he does only have one good year under his belt . . . this list is acceptable for now, but after this year Vernon should be at least #3
Originally posted by superman49er:
i just watched it too...cant really argue with the guys ahead of him but i dont understand how he is not separated from finley...and i just keep waiting for Gonzalez to fade and he just keeps producing

Agreed. Finley is nothing special. 55 catches last year compared to VDs 78 catches and 13 TDs. And they're tied?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Charles Davis is a dumbass

Yep.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Charles Davis breaks down his "Best in the Biz" for tight ends in the league today.

1. Tony Gonzalez
2. Antonio Gates
3. Jason Witten
4. Dallas Clark
5. Jermichael Finely*
Vernon Davis*

* Tied

Finley will be a good TE imo, I wouldn't rank Witten above Clark though.

He is at least 5th in the league if not higher!!!!!!
Sighhhhhh. Poor Charlie Davis. blinded by his own blatant stupor. I actually feel sorry for the guy. All i know is... None of those other tight ends is a mismatch for defenses on madden like Vernon Davis is!
The only argument I would make is that Vernon is a better blocker than all the above mentioned TE's. If we are talking about complete football players that play tight end Vernon is top 3. If we are talking strictly offensive weapons. He is about where he should be.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by bigmike55:

1. Tony Gonzalez
2. Antonio Gates
3. Jason Witten
4. Dallas Clark
5. Jermichael Finely*
Vernon Davis*

* Tied

Finley will be a good TE imo, I wouldn't rank Witten above Clark though.

Clark splits out wide usually the slot wr i'd say his more dynamic but I think witten is the better natural tightend. he's great at finding the holes in the zone and having sure hands for a guy who's got a qb in romo making some bad throws aka the int were romo threw behind witten and it bounce off his shoe and into the db's hands..
I actually understand the list

the top 4 have always produced (witten fell off a bit)

davis and finley both had breakout years last season

Hopefully by this time next season it changes.
Share 49ersWebzone