[ Edited by redrathman on Jul 9, 2010 at 3:02 PM ]
Originally posted by ElinNordegren:
Joe Montana.

I love you Elin

Jerry Rice and BY
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Obviously too many people are missing the point of this thread. The question is Who is YOUR FAVORITE 49er. Not who's the best 49er. If your gonna be a participant of a forum, at least learn to f**king read.

Hullo? I think that I read it perfectly fine. How bout YOU learn to read. Our reading comprehension is fine.

~Ceadder

I still like Steve better than Joe.

That's fine. You could like the Waterboy, for all I care. Just don't try to justify it with a lame reason.

~Ceadder
MERTON HANKS FTW.....i'm young as well so my recollection of football in the 90's was merton hanks chicken dance, young to TO and steve young getting injured
Originally posted by BigRon:

Bryant Young is the definition of loyalty. He stayed from the beginning, all the way thru hard times even up until the rebuilding period. Was always heart warming to see 97 line up. Definitely one of my favorites.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by joeymac49s:
I can tell by the votes how young this forum must be... if Steve Young is above Joe Montana. Everyone must not have seen Joe play. Ask almost all the 49er fans around at that time. It was Joe then for awhile we kind of hated Steve. He was a run first QB and always seemed to take off too soon instead of giving it that half sec. that Joe would. Don't get me wrong by the end of his career he became one of the greatest QB's in the league i think but at first... it was rocky.

You missed the point also.

I didnt miss the point. I know the difference between favorite and best... my OPINION was you can tell the majority of this forum is younger if they choose Young over Montana... Opinions can be wrong. I just don't see how if someone saw both of them in their primes they can pick Young over Montana and say Young brought them more joy... Montana won us 4 Super Bowls... 11 tds vs. 0 ints. in the Super Bowl. Meaning in the biggest game of the year he was PERFECT. Never letting us, his fans down. So my OPINION everyone is if you picked Young over Montana your wrong. My other OPINION is if you love anyone on that list your my brother from another mother... Your opinion could be i'm wrong???
Jerry Rice has been my favorite going back to when I was in High School in the 80's. I just haven't seen a receiver that has been good at so many things as Jerry. I even did a speech about him in college for one of my classes. From growing up the son of a bricklayer and being tossed bricks on a scaffold to chasing horses in the pastures and onto breacking records in college and the pros. There are faster players and bigger players than Jerry but IMO no one is better than Jerry.

• DaRealMzo
  • Info N/A
I know he was with the team for 1 year and he's not on the list. Prime-time Deion Sanders would be one of my favorites too because he brought out the swagger in that 1994 team. Loved the fact that everyone loosened up when he got on the team. But overall Jerry Rice. No question.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Obviously too many people are missing the point of this thread. The question is Who is YOUR FAVORITE 49er. Not who's the best 49er. If your gonna be a participant of a forum, at least learn to f**king read.

Hullo? I think that I read it perfectly fine. How bout YOU learn to read. Our reading comprehension is fine.

~Ceadder

I still like Steve better than Joe.

That's fine. You could like the Waterboy, for all I care. Just don't try to justify it with a lame reason.

~Ceadder

I did not offer any justification, but I am free to do so as I please.
How About Tim McDonald? he was a beast...
Why isn't Mark Roman on this list?!
Tie between Jerry Rice and T.O.
Share 49ersWebzone