LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Whos your favorite 49er from this list?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Whos your favorite 49er from this list?

i picked steve young because he was all heart and put his body on the line or the team on many occasions. Joe was kind of an a*****e after he left the niners and some fans resent him for that.
Tom Rathman
and
John Taylor
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by JoeCool031619:
How is Joe not running away with this?

Too many young fans. I can't blame them, they never saw the greatness of Joe Montana.

I am not a young fan and I voted for Steve Young. To me as far as what they meant to the team as a player was pretty close. Montana is such an a-hole as a human being, I didn't think twice about voting for Steve. In fact I wouldn't even pick Joe second, screw him.

I agree, he should be killing everybody on that list. I guess there are a lot of younger fans on this site that didn't get a chance to see Joe play or something.
Originally posted by montana4ever:

I agree, he should be killing everybody on that list. I guess there are a lot of younger fans on this site that didn't get a chance to see Joe play or something.

These results are very interesting. I think Joe's disconnect from the 49ers has caused people to vote against him but when he was under contract he did more for the niners than any other player. You could argue Rice but where would he have been w/out Joe? Also Joe was constantly having to keep Young from nipping at his heels & then after winning 4 rings he was traded, so I can't really blame him for not flying the 49er flag now.. This is a poll so there is no wrong answers b/c it's based on opinion, but I'm surprised for sure. I can't penalize Joe for wanting to have a somewhat private life. But apparently some people do.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Alex Smith
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by 190836:

Too many young fans. I can't blame them, they never saw the greatness of Joe Montana.

I am not a young fan and I voted for Steve Young. To me as far as what they meant to the team as a player was pretty close. Montana is such an a-hole as a human being, I didn't think twice about voting for Steve. In fact I wouldn't even pick Joe second, screw him.

exactly. i didnt catch a lot of montana being born in 87 but i saw all the superbowls and know the stories and numbers and i know he was probably the greatest QB to ever play but Young embodies everything a team leader should be, atleast for me. i would put Jerry 2nd and Garrison Hearst 3rd. just my personal favorites. and merton hanks is high on my list too lol
Joe...hands down. 16 playoff wins and 7 losses. Steve...8 wins 6 and 6 losses.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
I voted for Steve Young, us lefties need to stick together!

x2 on that brother@@@
Originally posted by ace49ers:
I voted for Steve Young, us lefties need to stick together!

Steve Young. I absolutely idolized him as a kid, and he just bleeds red and gold. When I watch replays of the '94 NFC Championship, SB XXIX, and the Catch II, it nearly brings me to tears.
That is a hard one. But I got to go with the man who built the dynasty with such brilliance and vision: Bill Walsh.
1. Joe Montana
1. Ronnie Lott
1. Walsh
4. Jerry Rice
5. Roger Craig
6. Steve Young
7. Bryant Young
8. Seifert
9. Brent Jones
10. Merton Hanks
11. Hearst
12. Gary Plummer
13. T.O.
14. Ricky Watters

Originally posted by montana4ever:

ya the concept of time and aging escapes me also
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Steve will always be my favorite football player ever.

Same. Poster of him in the man-cave.
Share 49ersWebzone