LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 237 users in the forums

Davis & Iupati or Iupati & Bulaga?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Which would be the better combo?

I am starting to see Davis as a project due to his age, looking at the interview on the fron page I find it hard to believe he can line up against NFL quality DE's and compete!

He just seems imature, while on the other hand Bulaga seems like a no nonsense tackle. I can see Davis trying to get bye on brut strength, while Bulaga will be more technical.

You can probably tell I am board and don't really believe this crap! I am really just mocking some of the posts I have seen on this board lately, niether of these guys have played one down!

Your thoughts?
I think we won't KNOW for sure till we see these guys play against quality DEs/OLBs.

From what I've read in regards to Davis, he could be the future at LT..... OR he could be an average RT. Either way, I think we need the guy cause our O-line sucks.
Maturity and commitment concerns were reasons why "experts" had him towards the end of the first round in their mock drafts.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Maturity and commitment concerns were reasons why "experts" had him towards the end of the first round in their mock drafts.

didn't the cowboys have him rated in the third round?
its funny because no one is worried about iupati but everyone is worried about davis.... hes extremely quiet and seems like a pu**y... but im hoping he doesnt suck... it doesnt help that he looks like kwame harris with his new beard.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by teeohh:

didn't the cowboys have him rated in the third round?

rumor was the packers were trying to trade with the phins to select davis

besides..Bulaga said he didnt feel comfortable in the bay area

here are some other rumors too

Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post is "hearing" that Iowa OT Bryan Bulaga will not be a top-10 pick.
Like Jimmy Clausen's, Bulaga's stock is falling at the absolute wrong time. Another recent report claimed some NFL evaluators consider him the most overrated prospect in this year's draft class. Lombardi does hear that Bulaga is "loved" by the Niners, and that Green Bay might trade up to select him

Some NFL personnel evaluators reportedly believe that Iowa OT Bryan Bulaga is the most overrated prospect in this year's draft.
"It'll shock you when I say this, but I know some people have him graded out as a third-round pick," said one personnel man. "A lot of pass rushers beat him badly last year. And if you watch that film, and add in that his arms are shorter than you'd like a tackle to have, how high can you take him? I know he's well-coached...(but) he's falling a bit in some people's eyes."
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Jul 5, 2010 at 8:19 PM ]
i think bulaga is a RT only in the nfl, thats what we need, if davis has trouble going from LT to RT it will be a lot of headaches this year
Hey they drafted Davis move on already its what most of you on here wanted them to do. High first nrounder for a right tackle?
Try it out in Madden Franchise mode and let us know.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Faceless:
its funny because no one is worried about iupati but everyone is worried about davis.... hes extremely quiet and seems like a pu**y... but im hoping he doesnt suck... it doesnt help that he looks like kwame harris with his new beard.

yeah but thats in now Its the "rick ross" look lol

Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by Faceless:

yeah but thats in now Its the "rick ross" look lol

doesnt rick ross have a restaurant in miami that frank gore also owns part of?
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Try it out in Madden Franchise mode and let us know.

lulz
I would like to have two Iupatis. That would be awesome.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
I would like to have two Iupatis. That would be awesome.

Maybe we'll draft his brother Andrew in a couple years? Who knows...

Originally posted by glorydayz:
Which would be the better combo?

I am starting to see Davis as a project due to his age, looking at the interview on the fron page I find it hard to believe he can line up against NFL quality DE's and compete!

He just seems imature, while on the other hand Bulaga seems like a no nonsense tackle. I can see Davis trying to get bye on brut strength, while Bulaga will be more technical.

You can probably tell I am board and don't really believe this crap! I am really just mocking some of the posts I have seen on this board lately, niether of these guys have played one down!

Your thoughts?

How can you base a player on an interview? That is obscene.......Davis and Iupati is a much better combo.
Share 49ersWebzone