LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

Why I think we won't make the playoffs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fly15:
Alex Smith

Mark Sanchez made the playoffs last year. I'm sure that Alex can put together a better season than 12 TD 20 Int.
The threadstarter of this thread is A JOKE
This thread is a shame.

Threads like this are the reason why I stay away from WZ forums until the regular season.
[ Edited by FourNine49 on Jul 6, 2010 at 4:53 PM ]
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by Mex49:
I think we will because we play the
Rams twice
Seattle twice
Arizona twice
Raiders
Broncos
Eagles
Packers
and the Chiefs. That should do it

What he said.........minus the Packers. I still think they will take the Niners on the Frozen Tundra. That still leaves this team with 10 wins, a division title, and a trip to the playoffs.

lol you guys act like sweeping our division is a sure thing and is easy. This team will have to play lights out to sweep any division. We will have to learn how to win the close games we lost last yr and win on the damn road. I doubt that we wont lose atleast one or two games withing the division.

and I also don't see anything wrong with this thread. At least this poster came and made a thread with a valid argument in it. Other threads I have seen have absolutely nothing to back it up but pure opinion.

I think this year will make the playoffs. We have a easy schedule and as long as we play ONE game better than we did last year then we are in.
[ Edited by Dajanksta on Jul 6, 2010 at 5:11 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I made a similar thread after last season but that was before Warner retired. Now I do believe the nienrs will make the playoffs. Warner's retirement shifted the power in the division. Hopefully Lienhert dont come in and light it up.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Rams twice
Seattle twice
Arizona twice
Raiders
Broncos
Eagles
Packers

What he said.........minus the Packers. I still think they will take the Niners on the Frozen Tundra. That still leaves this team with 10 wins, a division title, and a trip to the playoffs.

lol you guys act like sweeping our division is a sure thing and is easy. This team will have to play lights out to sweep any division. We will have to learn how to win the close games we lost last yr and win on the damn road. I doubt that we wont lose atleast one or two games withing the division.

and I also don't see anything wrong with this thread. At least this poster came and made a thread with a valid argument in it. Other threads I have seen have absolutely nothing to back it up but pure opinion.

I think this year will make the playoffs. We have a easy schedule and as long as we play ONE game better than we did last year then we are in.

Yes, we do have an easy schedule. I think that is why alot of people are assuming this team is playoff bound. If you look at the schedule, there is no reason this team can't win AT LEAST 9 GAMES. On paper, this team easily makes the playoffs.

But on paper and on the field are two very different things
Originally posted by susweel:
I made a similar thread after last season but that was before Warner retired. Now I do believe the nienrs will make the playoffs. Warner's retirement shifted the power in the division. Hopefully Lienhert dont come in and light it up.

Agreed. Sweeping our division should be easy. Tards just got weaker, Seachickens don't look that much better, and the Rams....Well, They're the Rams lol. And if i'm correct, we went 5-1 in the division lastyear, right? I don't see why we shouldn't be able shut'em all down.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Our defense isnt as good as we think it is

C'mon now, you should know better than that.

Our D, giving up 17 a game; pretty good, but lets look at the 49ers Defense had to fight on the field mucher longer than any other team if Im not misstaken. Werent we leading the league for 12 weeks in 3 and outs?

Think about it. You keep our O on the field for just 3 more minutes in game time and take away a couple 3 and outs, and you got yourself a top 4 Defense. Our defense is, to me, better than what the avg. fan thinks who doesnt know the 49ers stats compared to the league.

And our Redzone defense: off the charts! I'll look it up now
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Rams twice
Seattle twice
Arizona twice
Raiders
Broncos
Eagles
Packers

Yes, we do have an easy schedule. I think that is why alot of people are assuming this team is playoff bound. If you look at the schedule, there is no reason this team can't win AT LEAST 9 GAMES. On paper, this team easily makes the playoffs.

But on paper and on the field are two very different things

Yessir! Let's hope we win the close ones instead of being on the other end like this past year.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
but hopefully I am wrong about it.

Let's look at the teams that we beat last season:

32. Rams
31. Lions
27. Seahawks
22. Jags
21. Bears
8. Cardinals

Ok, so besides the Cards, what do the rest of those teams have in common? they couldn't score. Jimmy Raye was only able to outscored teams with some of the worst offenses and defenses in the league. That is worrisome. To add to that, alot of our key players on defense all of a sudden started to smell their own s**t after an 8-8 (pathetic) season. If these players start the season feeling themselves too much then we'll be in for a rude awakening IMO. Whiz and his staff is still alot more experienced and efficient than Singletary. Also, Pete Carroll will improve the Seahawks.

Instead of looking at who we beat.....what you should do is look at ALL OF OUR GAMES. The Cards are a playoff team who WHIPPED the vikings and WE WHIPPED THE CARDS 2 times. The vikings we did not have GORE or Crabtree and still handled them AWAY well. The IND we handled Manning and their wr and should of won.....see clements...if he was in there would of been another win, not to mention Staley as well. The Titans, easily could of and should of won. So we definitely were in almost every game with a bad offense 5 losses by 7 or less without Crabtree a lot of games, without Gore for 3, and without an OL for all.

So an injuried team actually KICKED ass for almost the whole season, with a horrible OL and a first year OC, so i think we are definitely top 3 to 5 in the nfc.....and we are only getting better.

Agreed

If anybody says otherwise doesn't know football very well

Go Niners

Originally posted by FourNine49:
This thread is a shame.

Threads like this are the reason why I stay away from WZ forums until the regular season.

Yeah,you have to wonder if the people who post these types of threads are really 49er fans.
Half the crap you read on here is anti 49ers.
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
This thread is a shame.

Yeah,you have to wonder if the people who post these types of threads are really 49er fans.
Half the crap you read on here is anti 49ers.

These are the type of fans that are not ride or die. They will be all over the bandwagon though once the team makes the playoffs. They will be telling all of their friends outside of the zone how much they love the 49ers AFTER they make the playoffs this year and how they predicted it before the season.. Lol.. Go Niners!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by walker807:
the vikings and colts got lucky and the team should be better this year than last year. No reason the niners dont make the playoffs this year.

how the hell did they get lucky?

Gore broke out ONE RUN against the Colts and we couldn't do jack after. They won fair and square after that because we couldn't stop s**t at the end. Against the Vikings, we were getting OWNED during the first half then WE got lucky with the block FG return TD.

They got lucky Cause they have Manning. Most any other QB in the league we win that game. It's Peyton Freakin Manning and he had his hands on the ball for the final drive.

Virtually the same with Viqueens. Favre has alway been our achilles heel. The man pulls 24k Diamonds out of his ass when he's behind, against us. And like above with Manning, most any QB in the league fails in that final pass.

That is how they got lucky. Our Offense put enough points on the board to squeak out the W, but when you go up against these guys you have to put more than just enough on the Board or you can't let them have the ball back with 2 minutes left on the clock. Best thing to do is to hold onto the ball as long as you can with last second snaps if you're under the 2 minute mark.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Our defense isnt as good as we think it is

C'mon now, you should know better than that.

Our D, giving up 17 a game; pretty good, but lets look at the 49ers Defense had to fight on the field mucher longer than any other team if Im not misstaken. Werent we leading the league for 12 weeks in 3 and outs?

Think about it. You keep our O on the field for just 3 more minutes in game time and take away a couple 3 and outs, and you got yourself a top 4 Defense. Our defense is, to me, better than what the avg. fan thinks who doesnt know the 49ers stats compared to the league.

And our Redzone defense: off the charts! I'll look it up now

The 49ers redzone offense wasn't too bad either. They might have problem finding the easy route to the opponents' 20-yard line, but once they got there, they usually closed the deal.
Share 49ersWebzone