There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why I think we won't make the playoffs

Originally posted by boast:
ummm...no...not acceptable.

If it's anywhere else on the board please delete it before I find it or warnings will be issued.

[ Edited by Ang on Jul 5, 2010 at 17:51:53 ]

Best GIF EVER!
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by walker807:
the vikings and colts got lucky and the team should be better this year than last year. No reason the niners dont make the playoffs this year.

how the hell did they get lucky?

Gore broke out ONE RUN against the Colts and we couldn't do jack after. They won fair and square after that because we couldn't stop s**t at the end. Against the Vikings, we were getting OWNED during the first half then WE got lucky with the block FG return TD.

You obviously forgot the two-minute offense at the end of the first half.

I was talking about Gore who averaged only 2 yard a carry after that run. Peyton Manning lit us up for 350 yards and Addai threw a bomb on us. This defense is overrated at crunch time, can't you see that?

At the time of that game, the 49ers defense wasn't overrated. Everybody thought that Manning and his crew would destroy the 49ers, and the Colts won in a squeaker. Jimmy Raye going conservative in the second half after that morale-booster two-minute offense and Smith/Raye miscommunication that resulted in the delay-of-game were big disappointments, but the 49ers (even the offense) definitely played above their reputation in that game. A mere week before, they were on the verge of being on the receiving end of another blowout.
the vikings and colts got lucky and the team should be better this year than last year. No reason the niners dont make the playoffs this year.

Gore broke out ONE RUN against the Colts and we couldn't do jack after. They won fair and square after that because we couldn't stop s**t at the end. Against the Vikings, we were getting OWNED during the first half then WE got lucky with the block FG return TD.

You obviously forgot the two-minute offense at the end of the first half.

I was talking about Gore who averaged only 2 yard a carry after that run. Peyton Manning lit us up for 350 yards and Addai threw a bomb on us. This defense is overrated at crunch time, can't you see that?

At the time of that game, the 49ers defense wasn't overrated. Everybody thought that Manning and his crew would destroy the 49ers, and the Colts won in a squeaker. Jimmy Raye going conservative in the second half after that morale-booster two-minute offense and Smith/Raye miscommunication that resulted in the delay-of-game were big disappointments, but the 49ers (even the offense) definitely played above their reputation in that game. A mere week before, they were on the verge of being on the receiving end of another blowout.

Jimmy Raye hasn't shown at all that he could be innovative. All of his plays to Davis and Gore are all the SAME. His lack of creative usage for the 2nd and slot WR is alarming. The Raye Gun is the s**ttiest immitation of the Wild Cat in the league. I have zero confidence in Raye and I have no doubt that he'll be the reason for our downfall next season. Singletary is still stuck in the 80s with his run first approach while other teams are actually living in the present time/future.
[ Edited by TeambyTheBay on Jul 5, 2010 at 5:55 PM ]
Originally posted by boast:
MODDED

I need that pic without the banner blocking it stat! I need it for private study.

Didn't realize this a warnable offense. My bad.
[ Edited by pelos21 on Jul 5, 2010 at 7:46 PM ]
we gave away wins against colts, vikings, and titans
Originally posted by Mex49:
I think we will because we play the
Rams twice
Seattle twice
Arizona twice
Raiders
Broncos
Eagles
Packers
and the Chiefs. That should do it

What he said.........minus the Packers. I still think they will take the Niners on the Frozen Tundra. That still leaves this team with 10 wins, a division title, and a trip to the playoffs.
Umm....
[ Edited by SanFranAddic on Jul 5, 2010 at 6:07 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

and Vikings got lucky with a last second miracle Favre pass

its gonna all have to do with QB play, thats it.

they also had a kick return for TD
We need a QB
We need ten wins to ensure that we have a winning season, and win the division. Last season we had eight wins and the two squeakers would have been 10 wins and the division. Then add on the second Seattle game and that is eleven wins. With the maturity gainded from last season, second season in the same offensive scheme, Smith and Crabtree's development along with Brooks and Goldson's development we would have won those three lost games.

This year we get to put it out on the field again. We have competition and new offensive line coaches and that is two wins all by themselves. So the six division games and four other games gives us the division. We will win the six division games and if we go 50% on the rest of the games we will be at 11 wins.
we need raye/sing to grow some balls and not get conservative with a small lead
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AC49er:
We need a QB

we need new fans
but hopefully I am wrong about it.

Let's look at the teams that we beat last season:

32. Rams
31. Lions
27. Seahawks
22. Jags
21. Bears
8. Cardinals

Ok, so besides the Cards, what do the rest of those teams have in common? they couldn't score. Jimmy Raye was only able to outscored teams with some of the worst offenses and defenses in the league. That is worrisome. To add to that, alot of our key players on defense all of a sudden started to smell their own s**t after an 8-8 (pathetic) season. If these players start the season feeling themselves too much then we'll be in for a rude awakening IMO. Whiz and his staff is still alot more experienced and efficient than Singletary. Also, Pete Carroll will improve the Seahawks.
but hopefully I am wrong about it.

Let's look at the teams that we beat last season:

32. Rams
31. Lions
27. Seahawks
22. Jags
21. Bears
8. Cardinals

Ok, so besides the Cards, what do the rest of those teams have in common? they couldn't score. Jimmy Raye was only able to outscored teams with some of the worst offenses and defenses in the league. That is worrisome. To add to that, alot of our key players on defense all of a sudden started to smell their own s**t after an 8-8 (pathetic) season. If these players start the season feeling themselves too much then we'll be in for a rude awakening IMO. Whiz and his staff is still alot more experienced and efficient than Singletary. Also, Pete Carroll will improve the Seahawks.

Instead of looking at who we beat.....what you should do is look at ALL OF OUR GAMES. The Cards are a playoff team who WHIPPED the vikings and WE WHIPPED THE CARDS 2 times. The vikings we did not have GORE or Crabtree and still handled them AWAY well. The IND we handled Manning and their wr and should of won.....see clements...if he was in there would of been another win, not to mention Staley as well. The Titans, easily could of and should of won. So we definitely were in almost every game with a bad offense 5 losses by 7 or less without Crabtree a lot of games, without Gore for 3, and without an OL for all.

So an injuried team actually KICKED ass for almost the whole season, with a horrible OL and a first year OC, so i think we are definitely top 3 to 5 in the nfc.....and we are only getting better.