but hopefully I am wrong about it.

Let's look at the teams that we beat last season:

32. Rams
31. Lions
27. Seahawks
22. Jags
21. Bears
8. Cardinals

Ok, so besides the Cards, what do the rest of those teams have in common? they couldn't score. Jimmy Raye was only able to outscored teams with some of the worst offenses and defenses in the league. That is worrisome. To add to that, alot of our key players on defense all of a sudden started to smell their own s**t after an 8-8 (pathetic) season. If these players start the season feeling themselves too much then we'll be in for a rude awakening IMO. Whiz and his staff is still alot more experienced and efficient than Singletary. Also, Pete Carroll will improve the Seahawks.
[ Edited by TeambyTheBay on Jul 5, 2010 at 4:52 PM ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
the vikings and colts got lucky and the team should be better this year than last year. No reason the niners dont make the playoffs this year.
Originally posted by walker807:
the vikings and colts got lucky and the team should be better this year than last year. No reason the niners dont make the playoffs this year.

how the hell did they get lucky?

Gore broke out ONE RUN against the Colts and we couldn't do jack after. They won fair and square after that because we couldn't stop s**t at the end. Against the Vikings, we were getting OWNED during the first half then WE got lucky with the block FG return TD.
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:

Gore broke out ONE RUN against the Colts and we couldn't do jack after. They won fair and square after that because we couldn't stop s**t at the end. Against the Vikings, we were getting OWNED during the first half then WE got lucky with the block FG return TD.

You obviously forgot the two-minute offense at the end of the first half.

and Vikings got lucky with a last second miracle Favre pass

its gonna all have to do with QB play, thats it.
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Jul 5, 2010 at 5:11 PM ]
Also, Pete Carroll will improve the Seahawks.

No he won't. I bet he is back coaching college football in 3 years. I live in NE and Carroll was a horrible head coach. He was given a great team after Parcells left town and was a major disappointment. Kraft dumped him cause he blew and hired Bilicheck who goes and wins a ring with many of the same players like 2 years later. Carroll is a great college coach but I dont see him improving anything, if anything I think he makes the team worse.
Originally posted by fastforward:

You obviously forgot the two-minute offense at the end of the first half.

I was talking about Gore who averaged only 2 yard a carry after that run. Peyton Manning lit us up for 350 yards and Addai threw a bomb on us. This defense is overrated at crunch time, can't you see that?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
ummm...no...not acceptable.

If it's anywhere else on the board please delete it before I find it or warnings will be issued.
[ Edited by Ang on Jul 5, 2010 at 5:51 PM ]

My reaction to this thread:

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

and Vikings got lucky with a last second miracle Favre pass

its gonna all have to do with QB play, thats it.

only after this:

1-10-SF 47 (1:49) 29-G.Coffee right guard to SF 49 for 2 yards (93-K.Williams, 56-E.Henderson).

Timeout #1 by MIN at 01:45.
2-8-SF 49 (1:45) 29-G.Coffee up the middle to MIN 49 for 2 yards (94-P.Williams).

Timeout #2 by MIN at 01:41.
3-6-MIN 49 (1:41) 29-G.Coffee right end to MIN 47 for 2 yards (56-E.Henderson).

Jimmy Raye is a freaken joke.
  • Mex49
I think we will because we play the
Rams twice
Seattle twice
Arizona twice
Raiders
Broncos
Eagles
Packers
and the Chiefs. That should do it
  • Antix
  • Veteran
We lostALOT of close games. We just need to learn to finish off good teams which is the step I rexpect this team to make next year. Vikings, Colts, Texans, Packers, those were all close losses versus really good teams.

We gotta learn to finish.
Originally posted by Antix:
We lostALOT of close games. We just need to learn to finish off good teams which is the step I rexpect this team to make next year. Vikings, Colts, Texans, Packers, those were all close losses versus really good teams.

We gotta learn to finish.

Our defense got bombed on in ALL of those games and our offense couldn't move anything before the game was already all of hand--looking at that, everything could be traced back to bad coaching and game planning.
[ Edited by TeambyTheBay on Jul 5, 2010 at 5:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone