LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

ESPN Ultimate Team Rankings

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings

They ranked the niners 77th...I mean seriously i know these think are a joke but theyre cool to look at. Were up 10 spots from last year and 25 from the year before. Prolly because the teams a little better.

The memphis grizzlies are ahead of the niners...thats kinda weird.

But i think based on some of the factors like title track we deserve more respect.
Venue we lost some serious ground but come on the stick is historic!

Anyway just thought i was cool so check out.
[ Edited by Sjceruti on Jul 3, 2010 at 7:52 PM ]
Dicked again! Thanks, ESPN.
stupidest thing in the world.

ESPN must also have run out of things to write about.

-9fA
wow the sharks at #12

holy s**t
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

They ranked the niners 77th...I mean seriously i know these think are a joke but theyre cool to look at. Were up 10 spots from last year and 25 from the year before. Prolly because the teams a little better.

But i think based on some of the factors like title track we deserve more respect.

The Grizzlies are on the upswing, but the Niners should be rising up the scale soon.
At least the Sharks are at 12 woooo!
these rankings are retarded
LOL Lakers at 51 while winning about 25% of all NBA championships ever and after winning 5 out of the last 11 championships. What a joke.
  • Mex49

You say "Memphis Grizzlies" and I 'm thinking where the f**k is that and what sport do they play?
Is this ranking supposed to be Pre York or Post York?

Originally posted by ninerfan818:
LOL Lakers at 51 while winning about 25% of all NBA championships ever and after winning 5 out of the last 11 championships. What a joke.

thats becuase they are ranked last in affordability (purchasing price of tickets). These rankings think a hot ticket is a bad thing .

But the rankings are really weird, one (TTR) is for championships in a fans lifetime and expected to win, and Lakers are #16? Phillies are #1 and St. Louis Cardinals are #3? Phillies and Cardinals have won 2 in the last 40 years....

Am I missing something about the TTR?

Edit: And I don't even like the Lakers. But the Lakers ranking shows how BS this rankings are, its like ESPN is just trying to find the most BS way to rank teams
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jul 4, 2010 at 4:54 AM ]
As much as we might not like the ranking - we can't blame ESPN.

The rankings were done based on fan input. They had several different categories, ranging from game day experience to player talent. They took fan rankings from each category and then weighted them to provide a total score.

According to fans (our own and others) around the US, we're the 77th ranked franchise in sports.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
stupidest thing in the world.

ESPN must also have run out of things to write about.

-9fA

This
Lakers ranked in mid-50s? Please, that just takes away any credibility from that list.

What an amazingly insightful list! It's as if they sorted all teams by their winning percentages and then associated all this other crap with it.
Share 49ersWebzone