There are 260 users in the forums

Manny Lawson: Top 5 3-4 OLB in the league (according to CBSsports.com)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by Ether:
Wow. From the responses you'd have thought he said Manny was the worst OLB in the league. He gave our player thoughts and everyone's hating?

The man has had ONE good season, and even that is pushing it. Do it again in 2010, then we'll re-evaluate.

Pace was a bust for four years till he finally broke out.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Dino:
anthony spencer, clay mathews and calvin pace >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lawson

Actually Clay Matthews and Calvin Pace are better than all of our OLB's and I'd take them over anyone of them to add to Ahmad Brooks. But Spencer, hes pretty much the same as Lawson, only I think Lawson is a better all-around player, and more athletic. I'd have to take Lawson over Spencer.

With that said, I really do hope Lawson has a good year this upcoming season, and I hope we do re-sign him or at least franchise him if he does do good.

fixed
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Actually Clay Matthews and Calvin Pace are better than all of our OLB's and I'd take them over anyone of them to add to Ahmad Brooks. But Spencer, hes pretty much the same as Lawson, only I think Lawson is a better all-around player, and more athletic. I'd have to take Lawson over Spencer.

With that said, I really do hope Lawson has a good year this upcoming season, and I hope we do re-sign him or at least franchise him if he does do good.

fixed

Thanks man.

Patrick Willis, I should be ashamed.
Dunno about Manny being top 5, but he IS a good 3-4 OLB, in the sense that he does all the other things well. He isn't anywhere near as good a pass-rusher as the other guys. But he can cover well, and does an EXCELLENT job sealing the edge.
i'd say lawson is top 10 in the league right around #10. top 10 in run support and definitely top 5 in coverage. If we blitzed him more he would have more sacks but top 25 in sacks.....so overall i would give him #10
Originally posted by Ether:
Wow. From the responses you'd have thought he said Manny was the worst OLB in the league. He gave our player thoughts and everyone's hating?

Because we don't agree with him. Top 5? Come on

anthony spencer isnt better then Lawson....neither is Calvin Pace
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=142256&page=7&highlight=MANNY

Haters gonna hate.

I really hope we keep him.

Suckas Sopoaga doesn't help him out as much as J.Smith does on his side.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Haters gonna hate.

lol..

somewhere in that thread or possibly another folks jumped down my throat for referring to lawson as one of the best coverage OLB's in the league...trying to defend their reason by wondering why he was pulled out then on passing downs....

so as i often do i kindly stepped out of joining into an argument with people that have no idea how football works outside of video games.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
If Ahmad Brooks had even a slightly-below-average football IQ, he’d be starting ahead of Lawson in San Francisco. "

If Manny Lawson could rush the QB, he would be unarguably be a top 3 OLB.

If Haralson wasn't able to rush the QB, he wouldn't even be in the league.

/shrug

I wish we would/could resign Lawson and Davis NOW so they could complete their careers at SF. I realize that their will be a new collective bargaining agreement, but I think we have known talent vs. the unknown future CBA, I say take the risk!
Originally posted by MaliCali:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Haters gonna hate.

lol..

somewhere in that thread or possibly another folks jumped down my throat for referring to lawson as one of the best coverage OLB's in the league...trying to defend their reason by wondering why he was pulled out then on passing downs....

so as i often do i kindly stepped out of joining into an argument with people that have no idea how football works outside of video games.

But don't you know? Any OLB who doesn't put up double digit sacks is junk. Plus SACKS are the only stat that matters. Tackles, pressures, sealing the edge vs. the run. All that is for ends, or someone else. SACKS are all that matters when judging Lawsons value........
Should come as no suprise, he has like 99 speed in Madden............
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
WTF is Josh Kadabjyvfwlahfsadvas and who cares what he thinks...

A guy employed by CBS...

As opposed to DaDivaRecieva15 who hangs out on a message point and shares his opinion for free

owned
i think manny should give his agent a shout out for doing whatever it took to get him on that list (helped generate a little buzz)
Share 49ersWebzone