LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Razzano remarks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'm not sure how some of you guys are saying, "I hope Smith proves Razzano wrong." Smith has already proved Razzano wrong. I dont think there is much doubt Smith is a starter in this league. The question now is, will he be of Dilfer quality or something much better. Based on his stats he can be a top 15 QB. However, I'm afraid he will be one of those guys that always has pretty good stats from now on, but doesn't have the "it factor" when it counts.

Our hope for Alex smith makes about as much sense as the Broncos hope for Teblow.
Davis is gonna shine in pre season AGAIN and put extra pressure on smith boy. The media and coaching staff are trying to force Nate to believe he's not ready to lead because they invested so much time and money in Smith. Smith threw a few picks in OTAs and nobody said "oh he's just not getting it. Ridiculous how some so called fans are gonna say hes not ready and doesn't get the playbook when everyone playing with him was on the same page with him. He went out there and made the niners look revived, just like we expected. Smith was never what we expected. The defense may not have been first stringers but he had them confused and reeling every time he touched the ball and his line was worst because they were 2nd stringers so he rolled out threw it away kept his eyes downfield, you know be cause he CAN throw it down there and make plays. The niners are holding this guy back not TO MENTION THEY DON'T EVEN SPEAK OF JARRETT BROWN. I LOVE THE NINERS BUT WHAT ARE THEY DOING . THESE GUYS ARE GONNA BE SPECIAL JUST NOT WITH US IF THEY KEEP THIS UP.
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Davis is gonna shine in pre season AGAIN and put extra pressure on smith boy. The media and coaching staff are trying to force Nate to believe he's not ready to lead because they invested so much time and money in Smith. Smith threw a few picks in OTAs and nobody said "oh he's just not getting it. Ridiculous how some so called fans are gonna say hes not ready and doesn't get the playbook when everyone playing with him was on the same page with him. He went out there and made the niners look revived, just like we expected. Smith was never what we expected. The defense may not have been first stringers but he had them confused and reeling every time he touched the ball and his line was worst because they were 2nd stringers so he rolled out threw it away kept his eyes downfield, you know be cause he CAN throw it down there and make plays. The niners are holding this guy back not TO MENTION THEY DON'T EVEN SPEAK OF JARRETT BROWN. I LOVE THE NINERS BUT WHAT ARE THEY DOING . THESE GUYS ARE GONNA BE SPECIAL JUST NOT WITH US IF THEY KEEP THIS UP.

Posters such this are why Nate Dais supporters such as myself are considered idiots
Your lack of paragraphs or any coherent statements just make that post poor.
Originally posted by RumphLegacy:

Posters such this are why Nate Dais supporters such as myself are considered idiots

Inserting Jarrett Brown into the conversation doesn't help either.
I'm not sure how some of you guys are saying, "I hope Smith proves Razzano wrong." Smith has already proved Razzano wrong. I dont think there is much doubt Smith is a starter in this league. The question now is, will he be of Dilfer quality or something much better. Based on his stats he can be a top 15 QB. However, I'm afraid he will be one of those guys that always has pretty good stats from now on, but doesn't have the "it factor" when it counts.

Our hope for Alex smith makes about as much sense as the Broncos hope for Teblow.

Thats just a flat out dumb statement.

I almost hesitate to respond to this post as I have a suspicion you're trolling. However, in the remote chance your serious, I'll say this. If you followed the OTA's there where a number of times Nate Davis had to start over at the line of scrimmage because he was having trouble even calling out plays. That doesn't sound like a guy thats ready to lead us in my opinion.

We'll review this in 3 months at which point we will decide how many internet points
I will receive for being right.

We'll review this in 3 months at which point we will decide how many internet points
I will receive for being right.

Future performance has nothing to do with the meritts of your statement. I was refering to the fact that there is zero comparison between the Teebow and Smith situation. Teebow has shown zero production on the football field. Therefore, to believe in Teebow is close to blind faith. Smith, although not overly impressive was very productive last seson. Check the stats. Do you see the diffrence?

Yes, it is a conspiracy. But I can say no more.

COULDN'T even spell Davis right but you talkin bout paragraphs. Rumph ? R U serious?

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CasBanaszek:
This is all so patently obvious but nobody's said it yet. Davis and Smith have opposing tendencies. Smith has to know all the plays, where everybody is, and rarely improvises. Davis was out there playing street ball.

By improvising, I mean that Smith had one trick last year when the pocket broke down, roll out and most of the time throw it out of bounds. You almost never see him make that little move that frees him up to make a pass. It's like Razanno said, Smith needs a clean pocket. Davis, OTOH, seems like the kind of guy who thrives on a little chaos.

Maybe knowing the playbook and having a little more experience will help Smith deal with his pocket problems. Certainly he can watch film and be aware that rolling out wasn't the ideal solution to the pressure he felt.

It's very rare to find an individual who can stay calm in all that mayhem. The odds are, none of us could ever do it. Let's hope Smith can or he'll always be mediocre.

Or we could hope that Davis learns the playbook, learns to use the laces, and kicks ass in 2011.

It appears that Davis has strong instinct but has intellectual problems. Conversely, Smth has strong intellect, but instinctual problems. Both have fatal flaws, but I think Davis has way more upside, but also with way bigger hurdles before him.
Razzano can go suk a d*ck

I almost hesitate to respond to this post as I have a suspicion you're trolling. However, in the remote chance your serious, I'll say this. If you followed the OTA's there where a number of times Nate Davis had to start over at the line of scrimmage because he was having trouble even calling out plays. That doesn't sound like a guy thats ready to lead us in my opinion.

I understand, that made me a lil shakey too but I haven't heard anything out of the OTAS about Alex besides the fact that he's more commanding when he hits the huddles and shouts calls. I wanna hear he's threading passes got the ball pass 40 yards ACCURATELY and that he's been ripping the practices. I just don't feel confident about him starting besides the fact that the rest of the nfc west is in shambles.
Look. Razzano has his opinion about Smith AND he gets paid good money for that opinion, unlike any one on the Webzone, BUT I don't really believe his opinion yet. NO Q.B. that we could have of selected in the last 30 years would have had success with the Forty Niners provided him. The 0-line has been the worst. No decent W.R. corp till last year, and a revolving door for O Co. Can some one give the name of ANY rookie QB that would had REAL success under those conditions? I also question Razzono's comment that Smith doesn't have any moxie. Smith has had his a@@ handed to him by defenses through out his entire career because of a crummy O-LINE, yet he suited up for every game, healthy or not, to play. this year will be a make or break year for Smith. If he flounders this year he'll be gone. As for Davis, from what I have read, he is a physical freak, BUT the coaches are frustrated by his lack of growth when it comes to learning the playbook. Maybe that will come, but what happens to Davis when we change O.C. again, will he be lost?
Originally posted by ImaMod:
does anyone remember this?

Michael Robinson: "do you know how many years Coach sing has played?"
Nate Davis: uh...7

Michael robinson: do you know how many pro-bowls hes been to?
Nate Davis: uh....10
michael robinson: SERIOUSLY?

THIS... I remember watching that interview. Some of the posters that think Davis should be starting would probably answer 6 seasons , 11 pro bowls for Sing. LOL

Anyone got a link to that?
[ Edited by kronik on Jul 3, 2010 at 10:56 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone