Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by RumphLegacy:
Originally posted by sixbricks:
This..

Im 8 years old and what is this?

Now it makes sense......

Hmm..I think he's another one of those Satirical posters in the mold of NHAP.

Gotta love the Zones creativity

I miss NHAP. Bring him back!
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Razzano sounds like (and probably is) someone who posts on this forum. We just have to figure out who he is...

LOL I was thinking the same thing as I read that article.......that Razzano sounds just like a noob from Niner Talk.

Originally posted by ninerlegacy:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
This guy thinking that Davis should be out there now starting destroys any credibility he might have had for something that happened 30+ years ago. He doesn't seem to be able to get it that people that work hard to can become better. I hope Davis pans out because he has a good skill set physically, but the QB position requires more than just that, and that more is just what he is struggling with now. Any fool with a strong arm can thro0w the ball 50 yards, it takes brains to be a QB.

You don't know what you're talking about. This is football, not differential equations or multivariable calculus. Intelligence is probably the 3rd or 4th skill set required to be a good QB, behind system continuity and leadership skills. Thats Razzano's point. And all this talk about Alex Smith being so 'smart' is BS too. How is he smart? b/c he got a high Wonderlick score? Thats just another test used to make certain groups appear superior and others inferior. (Frank Gore is living proof the wonderlick means nothing---as he shows great intelligence on the field.) When has Alex Smith ever exploited an opponent with his so-called intelligence? Umm...never. His college coach called him "non-functional" until he knows things inside out. Sounds pretty average to me. As a QB Smith is no smarter than anybody else...including Davis. Lets stop all this IQ nonsense. Smith is average. This year, we will see how functional he is.

Must be that time of the month.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
This..

ahh it makes sense now

lolwut?

...ladies and gentlemen, I give you BillyBonka! Welcome back, son.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
This..

ahh it makes sense now

lolwut?

...ladies and gentlemen, I give you BillyBonka! Welcome back, son.
See the following...

QB Wonderlic scores
40 - Alex Smith
33 - Tom Brady
33 - Steve Young
30 - Phillip Rivers
29 - John Elway
28 - Drew Brees
28 - Peyton Manning
25 - Ben Roethlisberger
22 - Brett Favre
15 - Steve McNair
15 - Randall Cunningham
15 - Dan Marino
15 - Terry Bradshaw
14 - Donovan McNabb

Need I say more?...

sources:
http://www.hogshaven.com/2009/2/17/762095/combine-the-wonderlic
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=61&f=3972&t=3012998
Ok, smart guy see below...

QB Wonderlic scores
40 - Alex Smith
33 - Tom Brady
33 - Steve Young
30 - Phillip Rivers
29 - John Elway
28 - Drew Brees
28 - Peyton Manning
25 - Ben Roethlisberger
22 - Brett Favre
15 - Steve McNair
15 - Randall Cunningham
15 - Dan Marino
15 - Terry Bradshaw
14 - Donovan McNabb

Need I say more?...

sources:
Originally posted by Johnster:
See the following...

QB Wonderlic scores
40 - Alex Smith
33 - Tom Brady
33 - Steve Young
30 - Phillip Rivers
29 - John Elway
28 - Drew Brees
28 - Peyton Manning
25 - Ben Roethlisberger
22 - Brett Favre
15 - Steve McNair
15 - Randall Cunningham
15 - Dan Marino
15 - Terry Bradshaw
14 - Donovan McNabb

Need I say more?...

sources:

Which proves what?

According to that, a score higher than 35 means you will take 6 years to develop as a QB.
Originally posted by Shaj:
his Smith comments are right on. It's hard to see this kind of stuff when you're a hard core fan. If you think about all the hype Smith has gotten this off season, and all the media and players swinging from his nuts, none have them have based their comments on his actual performance. ALL of them have based their comments on knowledge of the offense, command of the huddle and the play, confidence exuded, and emotions showed after the occasional good play. All of that and a dollar will buy you a small cup of stale coffee at 7-11. it doesn't result in good play unless he actually plays good, which he hasn't done in 5 years. Talk is cheap, fellas. We need Smith to show up on the field for the first time in his career. Year 6 is a good place to start.

We see eye to eye, you and I

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by susweel:
I kind of agree with him.

However I do wish that Smith proves all of us doubters wrong.

you think nate davis should be starting over alex smith?

I forgot, sorry, Alex Smith will suddenly get better over the offseason and will have corrected all his probems by throwing the ball around in OTAs, and I don't want Nate to start (yet) honestly it's foolish to believe that our rebuilding is over, Nate needs to learn (who will teach him idk). I honestly don't know what I would do if the decision were mine, but eventually dump Alex and train Davis.
yes, thats exactly what will happen

I can see it now............. all the Smith doubters such as myself being force-fed crow in inappropriate amounts, as we all celebrate Alex Smith success, Oh wait, I left the gas on in the stove again.

exactly

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Shaj:
his Smith comments are right on. It's hard to see this kind of stuff when you're a hard core fan. If you think about all the hype Smith has gotten this off season, and all the media and players swinging from his nuts, none have them have based their comments on his actual performance. ALL of them have based their comments on knowledge of the offense, command of the huddle and the play, confidence exuded, and emotions showed after the occasional good play. All of that and a dollar will buy you a small cup of stale coffee at 7-11. it doesn't result in good play unless he actually plays good, which he hasn't done in 5 years. Talk is cheap, fellas. We need Smith to show up on the field for the first time in his career. Year 6 is a good place to start.

We see eye to eye, you and I

Great friggin movie! Can't figure out why I like it so much....
Originally posted by Johnster:
See the following...

QB Wonderlic scores
40 - Alex Smith
33 - Tom Brady
33 - Steve Young
30 - Phillip Rivers
29 - John Elway
28 - Drew Brees
28 - Peyton Manning
25 - Ben Roethlisberger
22 - Brett Favre
15 - Steve McNair
15 - Randall Cunningham
15 - Dan Marino
15 - Terry Bradshaw
14 - Donovan McNabb

Need I say more?...

sources:

Yeah, that test is pretty much as stupid as they get, I'm suprised you didn't see those numbers and realize that test does not evaluate talent on even a basic level,
drew brees, peyton manning, and steve young all less talented than smith?
I feel like the largest facepalm on the earth cannot describe that test, and the fact that you use it as evidence to prove his talent is like using stool samples
to determine talent.
Great, that response makes me look like an obnoxious d1ckhole.

I forgot, sorry, Alex Smith will suddenly get better over the offseason and will have corrected all his probems by throwing the ball around in OTAs, and I don't want Nate to start (yet) honestly it's foolish to believe that our rebuilding is over, Nate needs to learn (who will teach him idk). I honestly don't know what I would do if the decision were mine, but eventually dump Alex and train Davis.

I can see it now............. all the Smith doubters such as myself being force-fed crow in inappropriate amounts, as we all celebrate Alex Smith success, Oh wait, I left the gas on in the stove again.

exactly
What blows is the day everyone realizes that Smith is mediocre (again), is a day I won't feel like bragging about being right...........
  • Nes49
  • Veteran

exactly
What blows is the day everyone realizes that Smith is mediocre (again), is a day I won't feel like bragging about being right...........

but U will.......................it's a good thing ur wrong.
Originally posted by Nes49:

exactly

but U will.......................it's a good thing ur wrong.

*Slowly lifts palm of hand and places it on face
[ Edited by RumphLegacy on Jul 2, 2010 at 4:59 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone