LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 329 users in the forums

Razzano remarks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
1) smith is our number 1 qb and proving in otas and mini camps he can elevate himself if he fails this year he is gone because last year in contract

2)david carr number 2 very simeler player to smith also number 1 pick that failed because poor ol showed prospect in otas and mini camps but still to learn playbook totally and is showing he is number 2 he will take over alex if alex fails this year 2 year contract which im fully beliving is insurance if alex fails we dont have to shuffle the offence to fit carr

3)nate davis - has problems learning play book and throwing erratic in otas and mini camps nate will never get a chance till he takes full command of the offence which i dont think will happen anytime soon
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Originally posted by RumphLegacy:
Davis is gonna shine in pre season AGAIN and put extra pressure on smith boy. The media and coaching staff are trying to force Nate to believe he's not ready to lead because they invested so much time and money in Smith. Smith threw a few picks in OTAs and nobody said "oh he's just not getting it. Ridiculous how some so called fans are gonna say hes not ready and doesn't get the playbook when everyone playing with him was on the same page with him. He went out there and made the niners look revived, just like we expected. Smith was never what we expected. The defense may not have been first stringers but he had them confused and reeling every time he touched the ball and his line was worst because they were 2nd stringers so he rolled out threw it away kept his eyes downfield, you know be cause he CAN throw it down there and make plays. The niners are holding this guy back not TO MENTION THEY DON'T EVEN SPEAK OF JARRETT BROWN. I LOVE THE NINERS BUT WHAT ARE THEY DOING . THESE GUYS ARE GONNA BE SPECIAL JUST NOT WITH US IF THEY KEEP THIS UP.

Posters such this are why Nate Dais supporters such as myself are considered idiots
Your lack of paragraphs or any coherent statements just make that post poor.

COULDN'T even spell Davis right but you talkin bout paragraphs. Rumph ? R U serious?

Yeah, I left out a letter in a name, YOU on the other hand came up with that turd of a post that "makes a case" for Nate Davis, some random conspiracy crap about them convincing Nate he isn't ready?!? I prefer Nate to Alex, but if I'm the only one that can support him without convulsing over the keyboard like a 6 year old, I may just keep my opinion to myself from now on.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'm not sure how some of you guys are saying, "I hope Smith proves Razzano wrong." Smith has already proved Razzano wrong. I dont think there is much doubt Smith is a starter in this league. The question now is, will he be of Dilfer quality or something much better. Based on his stats he can be a top 15 QB. However, I'm afraid he will be one of those guys that always has pretty good stats from now on, but doesn't have the "it factor" when it counts.

Our hope for Alex smith makes about as much sense as the Broncos hope for Teblow.

Thats just a flat out dumb statement.

We'll review this in 3 months at which point we will decide how many internet points
I will receive for being right.

Future performance has nothing to do with the meritts of your statement. I was refering to the fact that there is zero comparison between the Teebow and Smith situation. Teebow has shown zero production on the football field. Therefore, to believe in Teebow is close to blind faith. Smith, although not overly impressive was very productive last seson. Check the stats. Do you see the diffrence?

The "diffrence" you are talking about is a moot point, they both fail, Teblow perhaps worse than Smith, but when Smith's "good games" are 1-2 TDs 1-2 Ints,
you know you have another Drew Bledsoe on your hands.
Originally posted by alburns:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by susweel:
I kind of agree with him.

However I do wish that Smith proves all of us doubters wrong.

you think nate davis should be starting over alex smith?

I forgot, sorry, Alex Smith will suddenly get better over the offseason and will have corrected all his probems by throwing the ball around in OTAs, and I don't want Nate to start (yet) honestly it's foolish to believe that our rebuilding is over, Nate needs to learn (who will teach him idk). I honestly don't know what I would do if the decision were mine, but eventually dump Alex and train Davis.
yes, thats exactly what will happen

I can see it now............. all the Smith doubters such as myself being force-fed crow in inappropriate amounts, as we all celebrate Alex Smith success, Oh wait, I left the gas on in the stove again.

exactly
What blows is the day everyone realizes that Smith is mediocre (again), is a day I won't feel like bragging about being right...........

but U will.......................it's a good thing ur wrong.

*Slowly lifts palm of hand and places it on face

It's simple friends.

We need more games out of Alex like he played against Jacksonville.

And we need less games out of Alex like he played against Tennessee.

To make a short story even shorter: Alex, just don't screw up, and let the rest of the team win.

I do realize I am being mean, just that Alex has frustrated me in a lot of games
and has been the source of anger for me.

Its funny how you guys are so sure that Alex will never amount to anything. i really have no clue and neither do you. he looked awful at times and he has looked really good at others.

I do know that he has improved his game so far every year he has played and this is really only his fourth season. given all the issues he has had thrown at him, I think he actual has done allright, not good, not terrible. If he picks up his consistency, gets a little time to throw and becomes more comfortable in less space, this team can win. There is enough talent on this team that it can make a mediocre QB pretty damn good. Same way Randy Moss made Culpepper look good, even though he wasn't.

This will be the year that we will finally know what we have. If he ends of sucking, we will probably have a pretty decent backup.

I assure you there is nothing funny about our current QB situation, you and I have both seen how that underachiever performs, some people just don't like the fact that Smith is at the helm of a team that can go deep into the playoffs were it not for him, any decent QB can have difficulties, however, Alex makes a habbit of sucking and underachieving, he is "susceptible" to fail if the circumstances are not perfect, QB always have problems, they deal with it and find a way to win, Alex folds and waits for people to fix things for him.

It's all Alex's fault....

Same old tired bs that's been repeated many times over

Alex played well enough last year he's the starter this year.Finally,with some talent around him he had a good season(his best)

As you spew your bile,Alex and the 49ers are getting ready for a big season and if you don't like it,too bad!

As a 49er fan I say: GO NINERS!!!!

Davis is gonna shine in pre season AGAIN and put extra pressure on smith boy. The media and coaching staff are trying to force Nate to believe he's not ready to lead because they invested so much time and money in Smith. Smith threw a few picks in OTAs and nobody said "oh he's just not getting it. Ridiculous how some so called fans are gonna say hes not ready and doesn't get the playbook when everyone playing with him was on the same page with him. He went out there and made the niners look revived, just like we expected. Smith was never what we expected. The defense may not have been first stringers but he had them confused and reeling every time he touched the ball and his line was worst because they were 2nd stringers so he rolled out threw it away kept his eyes downfield, you know be cause he CAN throw it down there and make plays. The niners are holding this guy back not TO MENTION THEY DON'T EVEN SPEAK OF JARRETT BROWN. I LOVE THE NINERS BUT WHAT ARE THEY DOING . THESE GUYS ARE GONNA BE SPECIAL JUST NOT WITH US IF THEY KEEP THIS UP.

I almost hesitate to respond to this post as I have a suspicion you're trolling. However, in the remote chance your serious, I'll say this. If you followed the OTA's there where a number of times Nate Davis had to start over at the line of scrimmage because he was having trouble even calling out plays. That doesn't sound like a guy thats ready to lead us in my opinion.

I understand, that made me a lil shakey too but I haven't heard anything out of the OTAS about Alex besides the fact that he's more commanding when he hits the huddles and shouts calls. I wanna hear he's threading passes got the ball pass 40 yards ACCURATELY and that he's been ripping the practices. I just don't feel confident about him starting besides the fact that the rest of the nfc west is in shambles.

So if Alex threw 200 passes and completed 70% of them with only 4 picks somthiing like that would bring more confidence from your part?

I almost hesitate to respond to this post as I have a suspicion you're trolling. However, in the remote chance your serious, I'll say this. If you followed the OTA's there where a number of times Nate Davis had to start over at the line of scrimmage because he was having trouble even calling out plays. That doesn't sound like a guy thats ready to lead us in my opinion.

I understand, that made me a lil shakey too but I haven't heard anything out of the OTAS about Alex besides the fact that he's more commanding when he hits the huddles and shouts calls. I wanna hear he's threading passes got the ball pass 40 yards ACCURATELY and that he's been ripping the practices. I just don't feel confident about him starting besides the fact that the rest of the nfc west is in shambles.

Heyward-Bay's apparently been ripping up OTA's too
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by alburns:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by susweel:
I kind of agree with him.

However I do wish that Smith proves all of us doubters wrong.

you think nate davis should be starting over alex smith?

I forgot, sorry, Alex Smith will suddenly get better over the offseason and will have corrected all his probems by throwing the ball around in OTAs, and I don't want Nate to start (yet) honestly it's foolish to believe that our rebuilding is over, Nate needs to learn (who will teach him idk). I honestly don't know what I would do if the decision were mine, but eventually dump Alex and train Davis.
yes, thats exactly what will happen

I can see it now............. all the Smith doubters such as myself being force-fed crow in inappropriate amounts, as we all celebrate Alex Smith success, Oh wait, I left the gas on in the stove again.

exactly
What blows is the day everyone realizes that Smith is mediocre (again), is a day I won't feel like bragging about being right...........

but U will.......................it's a good thing ur wrong.

*Slowly lifts palm of hand and places it on face

It's simple friends.

We need more games out of Alex like he played against Jacksonville.

And we need less games out of Alex like he played against Tennessee.

To make a short story even shorter: Alex, just don't screw up, and let the rest of the team win.

I do realize I am being mean, just that Alex has frustrated me in a lot of games
and has been the source of anger for me.

Its funny how you guys are so sure that Alex will never amount to anything. i really have no clue and neither do you. he looked awful at times and he has looked really good at others.

I do know that he has improved his game so far every year he has played and this is really only his fourth season. given all the issues he has had thrown at him, I think he actual has done allright, not good, not terrible. If he picks up his consistency, gets a little time to throw and becomes more comfortable in less space, this team can win. There is enough talent on this team that it can make a mediocre QB pretty damn good. Same way Randy Moss made Culpepper look good, even though he wasn't.

This will be the year that we will finally know what we have. If he ends of sucking, we will probably have a pretty decent backup.

I assure you there is nothing funny about our current QB situation, you and I have both seen how that underachiever performs, some people just don't like the fact that Smith is at the helm of a team that can go deep into the playoffs were it not for him, any decent QB can have difficulties, however, Alex makes a habbit of sucking and underachieving, he is "susceptible" to fail if the circumstances are not perfect, QB always have problems, they deal with it and find a way to win, Alex folds and waits for people to fix things for him.

It's all Alex's fault....

Same old tired bs that's been repeated many times over

Alex played well enough last year he's the starter this year.Finally,with some talent around him he had a good season(his best)

As you spew your bile,Alex and the 49ers are getting ready for a big season and if you don't like it,too bad!

As a 49er fan I say: GO NINERS!!!!

Yes, from out of the blue Alex will become great, I expect mediocre play, not bad not good, that doesn't get a team very far, (first round of playoffs), I will eat crow if Alex is successful, but in the end, Alex will do what he always does, lose games.

Yes, from out of the blue Alex will become great, I expect mediocre play, not bad not good, that doesn't get a team very far, (first round of playoffs), I will eat crow if Alex is successful, but in the end, Alex will do what he always does, lose games.

I just don't understand this. Why such negative attitude? We have all the talent he needs to succeed. He is still young in terms of NFL playing. Give him a f**king chance. We have no better options as of right now. Who'd you want to sign in the offseason? You wanted to draft Clausen? Try being a fan. I would hate to watch a game with you, man. "Oh there's Alex missing a pass again" after Frank Gore runs for a TD.

Posters such this are why Nate Dais supporters such as myself are considered idiots
Your lack of paragraphs or any coherent statements just make that post poor.

COULDN'T even spell Davis right but you talkin bout paragraphs. Rumph ? R U serious?

Yeah, I left out a letter in a name, YOU on the other hand came up with that turd of a post that "makes a case" for Nate Davis, some random conspiracy crap about them convincing Nate he isn't ready?!? I prefer Nate to Alex, but if I'm the only one that can support him without convulsing over the keyboard like a 6 year old, I may just keep my opinion to myself from now on.

First , It was a touch screen on my phone. Secondly why is the word conspiracy being thrown around? it is clear that they haven't shown full fledged support of nate like they did when he first arrived and its a lil frustrating. what happened to the mcnabb visit and all that? "We've found a way for him to get the playbook " obviously they haven't.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

I just don't understand this. Why such negative attitude? We have all the talent he needs to succeed. He is still young in terms of NFL playing. Give him a f**king chance. We have no better options as of right now. Who'd you want to sign in the offseason? You wanted to draft Clausen? Try being a fan. I would hate to watch a game with you, man. "Oh there's Alex missing a pass again" after Frank Gore runs for a TD.

Sorry I don't fit your fan requirements, the only reason we don't have any viable alternatives to Alex is that we have stuck with him for way to long, for some reason you are ok with our FO taking the path of least resistance and sticking with Smith instead of looking for real talent. (Don't ask me where, I'm not a scout, I just have an opinion)

Originally posted by LeadFarmer:

Heyward-Bay's apparently been ripping up OTA's too

I heard that too.

Sorry I don't fit your fan requirements, the only reason we don't have any viable alternatives to Alex is that we have stuck with him for way to long, for some reason you are ok with our FO taking the path of least resistance and sticking with Smith instead of looking for real talent. (Don't ask me where, I'm not a scout, I just have an opinion)

So who would you have taken? Who has panned out to be a better QB? Who has game experience that was drafted where we could have had QBs? Just wondering, because it's nobody. No way do we trade up for a QB when we had SO many other holes. A fan requirement? I don't have a very selective one: It's called ROOTING FOR YOUR TEAM AND THE PLAYERS THAT PLAY ON IT. You fit the mold of a nitpicking, sour fan. When our team is finally on the rise... people like you ruin the mood.

So who would you have taken? Who has panned out to be a better QB? Who has game experience that was drafted where we could have had QBs? Just wondering, because it's nobody. No way do we trade up for a QB when we had SO many other holes. A fan requirement? I don't have a very selective one: It's called ROOTING FOR YOUR TEAM AND THE PLAYERS THAT PLAY ON IT. You fit the mold of a nitpicking, sour fan. When our team is finally on the rise... people like you ruin the mood.

You could have saved yourself from writing the first part of your post if you had read the last part of mine, I don't know where the talent is. I don't know why you think our team is "on the rise", maybe you believe everything NFLN tells you.
You are completely correct about me being a sour fan, I've been a fan since 03' ( end of 02') our FO doesn't persue anything to lift our team, and Alex Smith is a microcosm of our FO for the past decade, sucks for the most part, sometimes has glimmers of hope, but dashes it quickly.

BTW I LOVE MY NINERS

I know I will be disappointed if Alex does not take the next step and become a legitimate long-term answer. But as noted above, this is the way it is going to play out. Alex will get his shot this year. There are no other viable options. All the "would haves, should haves, could haves" are useless. Those closest to the situation and those who have the most to lose with failure have made the decision. I am optimistic that they will be proven right.

If it doesn't work out that way I will just dust myself off and continue rooting for the Niners like I always have. But like you, I am more optimistic about this team's propsects then I have been for awhile. Do we risk disappointment when we feel this way? Of course. It comes with the territory.

You could have saved yourself from writing the first part of your post if you had read the last part of mine, I don't know where the talent is. I don't know why you think our team is "on the rise", maybe you believe everything NFLN tells you.
You are completely correct about me being a sour fan, I've been a fan since 03' ( end of 02') our FO doesn't persue anything to lift our team, and Alex Smith is a microcosm of our FO for the past decade, sucks for the most part, sometimes has glimmers of hope, but dashes it quickly.

BTW I LOVE MY NINERS

A couple of things to discuss here. All bolded from your post.

Number 1 -- you don't know where the talent is. I'll tell you: it was either a top-7 pick or NOWHERE. What do we replace A. Smith with? There have been no good FAs or draft day picks that could have taken over. I'm not sure if you remember, but Alex Smith was also injured for 2 years -- something the mean terrible front office forgot to look at in their crystal ball. You only give up on your QB if he's not a hard worker and doesn't care (ala JaMarcus). Alex Smith is one of the hardest working players on the team and only wants to get better. This is evidenced by his film work, training, and his overall attitude and acceptance of sitting behind other players yet working hard to have his time to shine (which he showed for the most part of last year).

Number 2 -- You don't believe our team is on the rise. You, sir, are on crack. We finally have a legitimately good WR. His name is Michael Crabtree. Although he is not speedy, he is damn good. And will only get better. We have a Pro-Bowl TE who is a monster. His name is Vernon Davis. We have a Pro-Bowl RB named Frank Gore who now may not have to look at 8 in the box due to the two previously mentioned member of our team. I'm not sure if you were watching, but we also drafted two monstrous O-Linemen to finally address the situation along our line. Do you know what that means? More time for your boy Alex Smith. Which leads to something else: our great WR and elite TE time to get open and make plays. Oh, and also we got the best O-Line coach we've had in 10 years. This, and I'm going to make an assumption here, will increase the likelihood that the line will get better tenfold.

Number 3 -- And finally, the front office. I'm not sure if you remember, but we had a real dick named John York running the team. Well, that guy is gone and his ambitious son has taken over. It is contagious how much Jed York loves this team and wants them to win. He even wants to get them a new stadium so they are better taken care of! Also, our retarded GM named Scotty Mac was fired and hey guess what? Our main problems were address by his replacement. Also, we have a new head coach, hired by Jed York, that has injected a firey passion for competition and winning that has been missing since our better years.

So, as I said before: Your sourness really puts a damper on the mood. Go away and root for another team if you hate this glorious, historical team that we all love and wish the best for.
Share 49ersWebzone