There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Expectations/Results

The current 49er team really makes me want to believe that we can make it to the postseason, and I believe most of us do as well, my question is: How will we react if we go out early in the playoffs, if we do make it there.
They will try to sign some free agents, get ready for the draft and try again?
Originally posted by Zagnut:
They will try to sign some free agents, get ready for the draft and try again?

Hmmmm.......... Yeah, it terms of front office management, I'm talking more along the lines of fan reactions on this board, and how bad the disapointment will affect our judgement.
Originally posted by RumphLegacy:
The current 49er team really makes me want to believe that we can make it to the postseason, and I believe most of us do as well, my question is: How will we react if we go out early in the playoffs, if we do make it there.

If we go out after our first game, the focus will definitely shift to Alex if he hasn't been signed to a new contract. Calls for a flashy QB trade will actually make a ton of sense at that point. The team will also be more attractive for free agents looking to join a contender as well.

The core of players will remain... those being:

Frank Gore
Vernon Davis
Delanie Walker
Michael Crabtree
Josh Morgan
Joe Staley
Eric Heitmann
Mike Iupati
Chilo Rachal
Anthony Davis

Patrick Willis
Taylor Mays
Justin Smith
Isaac Soapoaga
Ray MacDonald
Shawntae Spencer
Dashon Goldson (he's probably 50/50)
Takeo Spikes (unless he retires)
Navarro Bowman
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Jul 2, 2010 at 4:20 PM ]
You gotta be s*ittin me? What kind of thread is this? We haven't made the playoffs in ages it seems like... and you're asking how we would feel if we exited the playoffs early? First things first son... gotta make the playoffs.
Originally posted by sacniner:
You gotta be s*ittin me? What kind of thread is this? We haven't made the playoffs in ages it seems like... and you're asking how we would feel if we exited the playoffs early? First things first son... gotta make the playoffs.

Agreed, however anyone who doesn't believe in "automatic playoffs" this year is considered a non-niner fan. (at least in the red zone)
Originally posted by NickSh49:

If we go out after our first game, the focus will definitely shift to Alex if he hasn't been signed to a new contract. Calls for a flashy QB trade will actually make a ton of sense at that point. The team will also be more attractive for free agents looking to join a contender as well.

The core of players will remain... those being:

Frank Gore
Vernon Davis
Delanie Walker
Michael Crabtree
Josh Morgan
Joe Staley
Eric Heitmann
Mike Iupati
Chilo Rachal
Anthony Davis

Patrick Willis
Taylor Mays
Justin Smith
Isaac Soapoaga
Ray MacDonald
Shawntae Spencer
Dashon Goldson (he's probably 50/50)
Takeo Spikes (unless he retires)
Navarro Bowman

Give this roster a decent QB, perenial playoffs and occasional SBs. nuff said

One bridge at a time.
I SAY 10-6 TO 11-5 WIN THE DIVISION AND 2 PLAYOFF GAMES. That is if Gore stays healthy and our OL improves just 10%
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
I destroyed a tv once before, I can do it again
I truly believe we are the most talented team in football.