LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

Frank Gore vastly underappreciated

Shop Find 49ers gear online
not under appreciated but a known commodity. he is kinda like the fav toy everyone has but we sometimes like playing with the newer one.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I have nothing but respect for Gore on and off the field. His love for the game is obvious to anyone who pays even a little attention.

I'm not sure about rankings, but he's definitely one of the few elite backs in this league.

Without him we're f**ked.[/quote]

Up until this season I would agree with you, now I think we could still be competitive without him (although its REALLY nice to have a top-5 RB at your disposal)!

not with the depth behind him + the scheme we're going to implement imo.

Depth????? At RB?
Originally posted by Snider8706:
I have nothing but respect for Gore on and off the field. His love for the game is obvious to anyone who pays even a little attention.

I'm not sure about rankings, but he's definitely one of the few elite backs in this league.

Up until this season I would agree with you, now I think we could still be competitive without him (although its REALLY nice to have a top-5 RB at your disposal)!

Depth????? At RB?

yeah there is none. you disagree?
Originally posted by Snider8706:

Depth????? At RB?

yeah there is none. you disagree?

Oh my bad your right.....it was the other guy saying we would be competitive without gore.
Originally posted by GOLDMOUTH22:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
i like gore too... and he is and prolly will be considered underrated. my whole thing about him is he fumbles a lot.

I take it you haven't actually seen Gore play since the beginning of 06, when this statement was still true.

2006 fumbles 6
2007 fumbles 4
2008 fumbles 6
2009 fumbles 4

so if you're asking me if i remember his 06 year then yes... i remember him doing the same thing in 08... and yes he tends to do most of his fumbling in the redzone!

i mean c'mon man... know his stats before you quote. i like gore as much as anybody else does. but he's underrated for a reason. now if he stays healthy and holds on to the ball (especially in the redzone)... that's a different story

Get out of here what that "know your stats" sh*t. I have access to NFL.com just like you do. My point is you're sitting there acting like he fumbles every single game or even every other game. Granted, 6 fumbles in 16 games is more than I would like, I'd prefer 0, but you're acting like he has 12+ every season. Look around the league, or even look back into the past and check some of the all-time RBs' fumble stats.

You gotta be f*ckin kidding saying 6 fumbles in a season disqualifies him from being underrated.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Frank is a complete back - running, catching, blocking, blitz pick up.

Can anyone name another current RB who is as good as Gore in all of these areas?

Anyone? Anyone?
Yeah, he's only the greatest runningback in Niner history.
i like gore too... and he is and prolly will be considered underrated. my whole thing about him is he fumbles a lot.

I take it you haven't actually seen Gore play since the beginning of 06, when this statement was still true.

2006 fumbles 6
2007 fumbles 4
2008 fumbles 6
2009 fumbles 4

so if you're asking me if i remember his 06 year then yes... i remember him doing the same thing in 08... and yes he tends to do most of his fumbling in the redzone!

i mean c'mon man... know his stats before you quote. i like gore as much as anybody else does. but he's underrated for a reason. now if he stays healthy and holds on to the ball (especially in the redzone)... that's a different story

Get out of here what that "know your stats" sh*t. I have access to NFL.com just like you do. My point is you're sitting there acting like he fumbles every single game or even every other game. Granted, 6 fumbles in 16 games is more than I would like, I'd prefer 0, but you're acting like he has 12+ every season. Look around the league, or even look back into the past and check some of the all-time RBs' fumble stats.

You gotta be f*ckin kidding saying 6 fumbles in a season disqualifies him from being underrated.

By the way, outside of 06, he hasn't LOST more than 3 fumbles in any season.
Actualeh, I think Barlow was teh GOAT, lol gore can only hope to achieve Barlow's status, 2nd best ever was whoever roger craigh was backup for.

2006 fumbles 6
2007 fumbles 4
2008 fumbles 6
2009 fumbles 4

Adrian P. fumbles a hell of a lot more than Gore and people crush on him.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
IDK what the hell you're talkin about but Frank gets alot of love on here (nohomo)

I love Frankie 21. (yeshomo).

2006 fumbles 6
2007 fumbles 4
2008 fumbles 6
2009 fumbles 4

ok buddy... so the thread is called Frank Gore vastly underappreciated. can you tell me why he's not considered premier back? can you tell me why he's underrated? can you tell me why he doesn't get his credit? can you tell me why he's not considered elite? even among some of our own webzoners? look... i said he's under the radar because he's fumbled in the redzone a few times and his nagging injurys. and yes he hasn't had more then 3 lost fumbles since... but a fumble is a fumble. can you recall him recovering most of his fumbles? or was it the team? look. gore is a great runner. and i remember a week ago people were even going out on the limb saying that if he keeps up his pace he could make the hall of fame.... my whole take is if you're under the radar and year in year out considered underrated... believe me you aint a h.o.famer... gore is good. has potential to be great... but that's all it is right now. potential. if he can perform better this year then he did last year... then he's getting better! i know we've had a horrible line. and some h.o.f. have had great lines and some haven't. (emmit smith & barry sanders) but lets be serious. he's a class B running back. he's right there with the roger craigs, the Garrison Hearst, the ricky watters. all great runningbacks in their respect eras.

i respect gore... as much as i respected roger craig, as much as i respected garrison hearst, as much as i respect ricky watters. but lets get one thing right... he's in the same category as the rest of them... nothing more nothing less! he aint in the emmit smith, barry sanders category( YET???) i'm not sure!
[ Edited by GOLDMOUTH22 on Jul 2, 2010 at 10:32 AM ]

Can anyone name another current RB who is as good as Gore in all of these areas?

Anyone? Anyone?

jack of all trades, master of none
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I think Stephen Jackson is comparable to Gore in what he has done on a poor team. Gore is a really good running back, but not Hall of Famer at this point. I will be really curious to see how he performs this year with more talent around him. It wouldn't surprise me if he starts to play like a Hall of Famer with the defense keying on him less.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

Anyone? Anyone?

jack of all trades, master of none

Are you serious? He's a top tier runner, excellent receiver and probably the best blocker of all the starting RBs in the league.
Share 49ersWebzone