There are 247 users in the forums

Frank Gore vastly underappreciated

Shop Find 49ers gear online
While I agree that Willis is the 49ers best player overall, Frank Gore is not very far behind.

1. Has been the 49ers lone offensive threat since 06 (safe for VD last season)
- This allowed defenses to gameplan entirely around this one man, and for the
most part, they still couldn't stop him.

All this happened while....

2. Running behind one of the worst o-lines in football.

Despite the two things I listed, Gore has managed to be (stat check) number 2 in the league when it comes to all purpose yards over the last 4 years. He also has greatly improved his speed and it showed this past season. He was finally able to keep his motor running and finish runs, while improving the initial burst that he's had since Day 1.

So many times on this board, I hear people say that Gore is about to decline or that he's not a top five running back and it makes me sick.

This guy is one of the best in the business and people around the league, including fans of other teams, say exactly the same.

I think it's time that Gore get a little more respect around here as one of the premier backs in the league. I'm beyond excited to see what he can do now that he has (what could be) a very decent line and weapons to take the opposing D's focus off of him.

Here's to Frank. My favorite player since the days of J. Rice.
  • kw49
  • Veteran
I completely agree with you.
IDK what the hell you're talkin about but Frank gets alot of love on here (nohomo)
i like gore too... and he is and prolly will be considered underrated. my whole thing about him is he fumbles a lot.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
IDK what the hell you're talkin about but Frank gets alot of love on here (nohomo)

No he doesnt
Originally posted by valrod33:

No he doesnt

He does from me.
[img=null]

number1 b****s
For the past few years, we've all been on Gore's nuts, and some of us still are, but you have to agree that last year the love transitioned from Gore to VD. Once Gore starts getting more touches and gets some decent run blocking from Iupati and hopefully A. Davis, and company, he will start getting more love. Once we become a playoff team, we'll start getting some more attention from the media and league, but until then, we're still seen as one of the mediocre teams in the league. (of course i think we're above average, but .

No he doesnt

He does from me.

me too.

But overall here on the zone Gore is underappreciated.

He is my favorite player and i think the best player on the team

No he doesnt

He does from me.

me too.

But overall here on the zone Gore is underappreciated.

He is my favorite player and i think the best player on the team

On offense for sure.

He is a great player for us and probably the best RB in the history of the 49ers franchise which is saying A LOT, but a RB doesn't win championships.

Emmitt Smith had a franchise QB, best O-line in the game, All-world WR corp...

Barry Sanders never won despite outstanding play.

Walter Payton had probably the best defense ever.

LT never won despite probowls and an MVP.

Not since Jim Brown has there been a RB that actually won championships.

Dont get me wrong, I really do appreciate how much Gore has done for this team, but the RB position doesn't win championships like a franchise QB, LT, or DE.
Originally posted by GOLDMOUTH22:
i like gore too... and he is and prolly will be considered underrated. my whole thing about him is he fumbles a lot.

I take it you haven't actually seen Gore play since the beginning of 06, when this statement was still true.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

I take it you haven't actually seen Gore play since the beginning of 06, when this statement was still true.

2006 fumbles 6
2007 fumbles 4
2008 fumbles 6
2009 fumbles 4

so if you're asking me if i remember his 06 year then yes... i remember him doing the same thing in 08... and yes he tends to do most of his fumbling in the redzone!
Originally posted by 49erRider:

2006 fumbles 6
2007 fumbles 4
2008 fumbles 6
2009 fumbles 4

so if you're asking me if i remember his 06 year then yes... i remember him doing the same thing in 08... and yes he tends to do most of his fumbling in the redzone!

i mean c'mon man... know his stats before you quote. i like gore as much as anybody else does. but he's underrated for a reason. now if he stays healthy and holds on to the ball (especially in the redzone)... that's a different story
We dont talk about him and sing his praise nearly enough. Probably because the offense has been so extremely bad in recent years, we just decided to avoid the subject all together.
Share 49ersWebzone