Lavar Arrington says "WILLIS BEST DEF PLAYER IN THE NFL"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
LaVar was a beast in Madden! lol
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Damn right LaVar

x 2.
Lavar Arrington will always be biased towards linebackers... but that said, Patrick Willis IMO is still the best defensive player in the league... (And of course I'm being biased because i'm a 49er fan).
Prisco's line about knowing about Adrian Wilson 4 years before anybody else is the biggest bunch of smug bulls**t i've ever heard.
Well 22nd doesnt sound right for Willis, I would say top 5 or at least and I mean least top 10.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yeah Lavar is full of hot air 99% of the time. He overrates himself and any linebacker I think Willis is the best LB in the league no doubt. But no way would a ILB be more valuable or be better than a shut down corner like Revis and Nnamdi.

so let me ask you buddy... if we took away willis from the middle. put revis or nnamdi at one side and put a non probowl inside linebacker you actually think that makes our defense that much better? the most important player on your defense is the linebacker... especially the middle or inside linebacker! they're the ones who make the adjustments on the field.
Originally posted by GOLDMOUTH22:
Yeah Lavar is full of hot air 99% of the time. He overrates himself and any linebacker I think Willis is the best LB in the league no doubt. But no way would a ILB be more valuable or be better than a shut down corner like Revis and Nnamdi.

so let me ask you buddy... if we took away willis from the middle. put revis or nnamdi at one side and put a non probowl inside linebacker you actually think that makes our defense that much better? the most important player on your defense is the linebacker... especially the middle or inside linebacker! they're the ones who make the adjustments on the field.

all i gotta say is CHAMP BAILEY! great cornerback... and yes he's as good as nnamdi and revis. he just doesn't have any support.

That's not true for all teams. The safeties makes the calls and adjustments for the niners not Willis. And a shut down CB is more important than a MLB imo. Especially in the 3-4. And yes i would rather have Revis at CB an a average MLB, then Willis and an average CB. Thus the Jets defense was ranked number 1 and the Niners 15th.

That's not true for all teams. The safeties makes the calls and adjustments for the niners not Willis. And a shut down CB is more important than a MLB imo. Especially in the 3-4. And yes i would rather have Revis at CB an a average MLB, then Willis and an average CB. Thus the Jets defense was ranked number 1 and the Niners 15th.

its kinda hard to base having a #1 defense in the league when you got 10 other players.... and to be honest your best cornerback is only as good as the defensive line that will put pressure to disrupt the qb.

i'm not saying that revis isn't good or great. i'm just saying its super rare that you have a cornerbacks value go for longer then a spurt of a few years. he's done it in a year and a half where willis has been the head turner in our system and in the league since he's stepped in. and to have him ranked 12 and not at 7 is a joke. out of all the cornerbacks in the hof and out of the all the linebackers in the hof.... i would pick the linebacker to star my defense 10 out of 10 times!

[ Edited by GOLDMOUTH22 on Jul 1, 2010 at 12:27:30 ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
f**k Lavar Arrington

Actually...if you listen to the interview, I say F*CK Pete Prisco. Staright up he says "Dwight Freeney is a better player than Patrick Willis".

Um....no.

He devalues P52 because of his position AND says that those other players are better at their positions that Willis is at his.

The guy is crazy and Lavar calls him on it.

+1

I was like when he said that.

Then on top of that he ranked DBs' ahead of Bam Bam.

Now that's all well and good because this is a passing league.However, if you have a solid Back in your backfield then you can adjust to any shutdown corner in the league if the opposing team does not have a Bam Bam with great sideline to sideline and overdrive gears.

How do you adjust to Bam Bam though? You can't, it just cannot be done. I mean you COULD go out and get Chuck Norris, but Bam Bam would take away Chuck's candy and make him cry like a little baby.

Oh and Bam Bam can get up and take away passes too?!!!

Briscoe is lost. LA was correct for callin him on that shizt.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Jul 1, 2010 at 12:35:33 ]

f**k Lavar Arrington

This Revis lovefest is starting to make me sick. He has one of the if not the best pass rushes in front of him. Put Namdi or Champ or Woodson on the Jets and you would get the same result. Of course Revis is a great player, but damn if the hype machine isn't stuck on overdrive for this guy.

And yet with that said I have no problem with him being ranked ahead of P-52, Revis plays the glamor position and his team was in the AFC Championship game and with that come the accolades. But Dwight Freeney? GTFOH.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
f**k Lavar Arrington

Actually...if you listen to the interview, I say F*CK Pete Prisco. Staright up he says "Dwight Freeney is a better player than Patrick Willis".

Um....no.

He devalues P52 because of his position AND says that those other players are better at their positions that Willis is at his.

The guy is crazy and Lavar calls him on it.

+1

I was like when he said that.

Then on top of that he ranked DBs' ahead of Bam Bam.

Now that's all well and good because this is a passing league.However, if you have a solid Back in your backfield then you can adjust to any shutdown corner in the league if the opposing team does not have a Bam Bam with great sideline to sideline and overdrive gears.

How do you adjust to Bam Bam though? You can't, it just cannot be done. I mean you COULD go out and get Chuck Norris, but Bam Bam would take away Chuck's candy and make him cry like a little baby.

Oh and Bam Bam can get up and take away passes too?!!!

Briscoe is lost. LA was correct for callin him on that shizt.

~Ceadder

f**kin thumbs up!
This coming from a guy that is still trying to figure out what happened in Where the Red Fern Grows

Tell that to Ray Lewis and his SB ring........
Share 49ersWebzone