There are 150 users in the forums

excluding nate and spencer! Bly against everyone else.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by elguapo:
Bly would be good as insurance to whichever if any one of our top 2 or 3 cb's go down.

To all of you who DON'T THINK BlY FITS our physical mold.........you are wrong. He has forced the 3rd or 4th most fumbles (last time i checked that is physical) he also has been known for some PI and some contact penalties so he is in fact very physical. Last year he did not get burned much at all....far less than almost any #3 in the league whether anybody wants to admit it or not. Bly is a good signing and we could almost GUARANTEE he is a better #4 than the other cb's on our roster and is even better than Brown, our #3.

WELCOME to the desert of the real

This is ... I don't even.

Dre' Bly was 5th on the team in forced fumbles with 2. I really don't see how this statistic is indicative of Singletary's desire to become more physical. Physically, Bly is too small at 5'-9" and 180lbs to be considered a force.

Wouldn't be mad if he was on the team, but I'm not wondering why he's not either!
Neither for nor against Bly, but consider this to all the people who think he is the third best corner or the best #3 corner, if he was all that great why did the niners sign him so easily originally and no one else wanted him and now, None of the other NFL teams are beating down their doors to sign him. Walt Harris was signed and he was injured last year!? Doesn't that tell you something?

There is also the fact that the longer the person plays and I think based how much he has been getting, you have to pay him a certain amount. With franklin unsigned and the hope to sign VD to an extension. The niners are perhaps trying to save some bucks here and there as well as get younger. I suspect Clements will be gone after this year. They will use his money to sign the two above players to extersions and probably draft a DB in the next draft.

We'll be alright-if the niners can get some points early, that will be the key, cause then the D can attack and go after the QB.
Originally posted by superman5:
I don't understand why we didn't resign Bly he is by far the third best DB on our current roster. Lets get rid of Will and Paraymh! RESIGN BLY PLEASE!!!

There's no "Bly" in T-E-A-M.
Share 49ersWebzone